As if I needed another reason to hate WoF.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: As if I needed another reason to hate WoF.
Also, many radio stations have listen live options. I used to listen to kFOG a lot that way despite being 900 miles or more from them. Smile

But from what I've heard, many radio stations have gone to shit...

Which is why I began listening to jazz (the origional devil music).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Good point. The iheart radio app gives you access to a whole bunch off radio stations and play options.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-07-2014, 01:05 PM
(18-07-2014 11:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, "WoF"? World of Fundamentalists? Whacky old fucktards? Whimsical odd faggots? Wanking ornery fruits?

I thought "World of Fuck" as in "GirlyMan will rain down a World of Fuck on your pansy heathen asses." Turns out it is far more insidious and dangerous than that: Word of Faith.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I was reading the wikipedia article but this gave me a bit of pause
Quote: Additionally, if someone is not experiencing prosperity, it is because they have given Satan authority over their lives. God will not do anything at all unless the person invites him to.

So now they can *really* judge those poor people. That's what you get for following Satan suckers! I wonder what they think of rich, evil bastards?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-07-2014, 01:15 PM
(18-07-2014 11:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 11:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is why the good lord gave us Pandora, Spotify and Sirius XM. This is not the 1990s. You have options.

Snarky jackass much?

I'm on a limited budget, have a wife and two kids, and I have a paid off truck.

Since you seem to think money is crapped out of sphincters, next time you wipe, take some toilet paper to the car dealership and buy me a new vehicle that has all those amenities.

Gasp

If you have a Stereo with built in Bluetooth, or an aux. port, or USB port you can use your phone to play your music right now. If not, no problem, there are still inexpensive options. The cheapest option is to get an FM Xmiter which will send a radio signal from your phone/mp3 player to your radio which will play the signal on a preset FM frequency. They are extremely cheap. You can even get one with all the 'bells and whistles' (SD Card Reader/cig. lighter charger/aux port/usb reader and remote controller) for 14 bucks on Amazon. If you are able and willing you can always install an inexpensive head unit in your vehicle as well. Install it yourself to save money. If you do not know how, call me and I'll explain it. It's easy, just time consuming depending on your vehicle and tools/experience level. That later option is obviously going to be more expensive than the first, but you should be able to do it 'right' for around a 100 bucks. As for buying music, well, this is the internet. You can pay as little as $0.00 per millions songs if you wish. Even if you feel a moral obligation to pay for music, a ton of legally free music is widely available. If you are clever and feel morally obligated not to 'steal' music, you can still get anything you want for free without breaking the law, it would just be annoying to do so. - And that's without using programs like Pandora and such, which are available for free, but require an internet connection and bandwidth on the go.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-07-2014, 01:25 PM
LOL Word of Faith article has some seriously hilarious bits in it:
Quote: Mormon scholar Stephen E. Robinson, whose religion, citing the Bible and primitive church fathers, teaches that man can become gods after eons of exaltation, has declared the "little gods" teaching heretical.[42][43] Conversely, mainstream Christianity regards this Mormon teaching as heretical as well
Big Grin

Sorry for derailing KC, just can't help myself Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-07-2014, 02:23 PM
It's the same situation here.

Radio has gone to shit in recent years.

Fortunately we have two nation wide Classic Rock stations in dab radio... Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock. There used to be radio Caroline too, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

BBC Radio 2 has some good stuff... The Paul Jones Rhythm & Blues show is good, but only on once a week.

Local radio is even worse... All we have here is Heart FM. Which just plays nothing but charts all day. Radio Calon sometimes plays some good music.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2014, 03:09 PM
(18-07-2014 01:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 11:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, "WoF"? World of Fundamentalists? Whacky old fucktards? Whimsical odd faggots? Wanking ornery fruits?

I thought "World of Fuck" as in "GirlyMan will rain down a World of Fuck on your pansy heathen asses." Turns out it is far more insidious and dangerous than that: Word of Faith.

Ew. Sadcryface
It's worse than Clear Channel.

Quote:... making a "positive confession" and believing that which God says, generates power which enables those things to come into fruition. This teaching is interpreted from Mark 11:22-23.

Evidently, one must speak the proper incantation to get what one wants.

I may need to look into this ... for uh ... experimental purposes, of course. Angel

Come on lottery; kimmie loves Jesus and wants a Villa in Zurich.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-07-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 04:53 PM by Anjele.)
Radio here in Dallas sucks. I am not a country fan and I don't listen to the Latin stations - which leaves crap. I listen to an AM station that gives regular weather and traffic reports and I get news in headline form. Other than that, it's CDs for me.

Pandora has become my friend...for five bucks a month I can get it without commercials. There is a free version that I was using till about two months ago. I dock my phone at work and listen to what I want to hear all day.

Even my car with it's luxurious options like seat belts and headlights has an auxiliary jack. I can plug in my iPod or phone. I used to listen to my iPod a lot that way. I think the cable was about 15 dollars at Target.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-07-2014, 07:13 PM
KC, if you want a great station online for free, try 93.1 WXRT out of Chicago.