As of 4:00 today, I am employed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 09:38 PM
As of 4:00 today, I am employed!
As of this afternoon, I have all the hours I need through the temp agency and I am on the payroll! A real job. What a relief. Big Grin

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2012, 10:47 PM
RE: As of 4:00 today, I am employed!
YAY! congratulations Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
30-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Again?

attention whore Tongue

Hug

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2012, 12:14 AM
woo!

[Image: oscar.png]
31-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Congratulations! Doing what?
31-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Congratulations!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
31-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I am the bookkeeper and office manager for a small HVAC company.

Muffs...how's your gig going?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
01-09-2012, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 04:40 AM by earmuffs.)
well..

They said they were gonna phone (did "work experience" last week), I was under the impression I had the job but I have yet to receive a phone call and it's been a week.
So I am going to phone them tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind about letting me know if I didn't get the job because I could have used that week actually looking for one.
I mean seriously, how fucking hard is it to give someone a 2second phone call? Or even a text, but noooooo, they gotta be a bunch of fucking cunts about wasting my fucking time.

So yea, he's getting a phone call tomorrow and I'm back at square one of not having a job still having bills that are coming up due, still have that $200 fine as well as a recent $80 speeding ticket as well as a large internet bill incoming. Except now I am 2 weeks behind in the job search because I thought I had this one when I now obviously do not.

So thank you for asking Anjele but my situation currently is a little fucked up and I really have no clue what I am going to do considering even if I apply for jobs tomorrow (which I'm gonna do) it's gonna be at least a week or two before they close applications, then another week to sort through applications etc.. and after all that I may not even get a fucking job interview let alone a fucking job. By the time of the best case scenario that I get a job bills will be literally be roof high. OH and that $200 fine I got is due in 4days. Guess how much is in my bank account currently? 79cents.
Living the dream.

Oh and I literally have 8weeks to find a job for when my student loan weekly loan payments dry up and I have $0 coming in each week.

01-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Congatulations Anjele Smile

Muffs..... I know its mega annoying that those people havent phoned back, but given your situation I think if I was you instead of ringing them and giving them a piece of your mind.... instead id ring them and ask them for a reference for the weeks work you have done.

You can add this to your CV.... showing employers about your recent efforts.

I know when I scanned CVs this is one of the things I used to look for.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
01-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Nah I think I'd rather just give them a piece of my mind.

The work I did was nightclub doorman, the boss never saw my work. It was me and another guy (cool guy actually, we got a long really well actually which I guess confuses me more as to why i never got a phone call).