As soon as I mention the Archaeological findings, it goes off the rails

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 11:38 AM by OmniConsUme.)
As soon as I mention the Archaeological findings, it goes off the rails
It started off a normal debate, As soon as I mentioned the Archaeological evidence, The Crazy Train went off the Rails,

First of all This guy immediately said, that Time Travel is almost proven, and I basically said "ALMOST PROVEN!?, Why didn't I hear the news?" He then points me to this, guy named Marshall Barne's Quora Account.

Next He said, because of this An Atheist who was filled with Satan, went Back in time and destroyed all evidence of how the Bible was True, and planted false evidence that debunks the Bible... He's also including The Early Versions of the Bible... as false evidence.

Wha...Shocking

I thought it was better to walk away...

Okay, Before I end this post: here are Marshall Barnes theories,

1. Time Travel To the past results in the universe splitting apart into a new universe, so one Time Travel to the past per Universe.

2. Time Travel to the Future results in the same thing, unless you use time dilation.

3. We split the universe all the time due to decisions we make.

4. You can return, to the same present, if you have the portal open during the entire time, or can remember EXACTLY how much time until you opened the portal down to the nanosecond.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like OmniConsUme's post
30-05-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: As soon as I mention the Archaeological findings, it goes off the rails
That is a new one for me. Especially since the person who went back to debunk the Bible was an atheist who apparently believed what exactly? Why would someone who is an atheist travel back in time to falsify the Bible? That doesn't make sense to me at all. They believe god isn't real and that the bible is the fallible word of man, so they invent time travel to prove this is true by creating false evidence even though such false evidence wouldn't be necessary to be an atheist or show the bible as untrue? I mean, if they were an atheist before they did all the stuff they did, then god was clearly still not convincing enough for them to believe in so...why plant fake evidence? Or was it an atheist who was somehow unaware of their Satan infestation who didn't realize that their ability to create time travel was a sign of a supernatural process?

I can't even fully articulate my questions about this story because it is difficult to make sense of the entire breadth of ramifications

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-05-2017, 12:26 PM
(30-05-2017 11:32 AM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Next He said, because of this An Atheist who was filled with Satan, went Back in time and destroyed all evidence of how the Bible was True, and planted false evidence that debunks the Bible... He's also including The Early Versions of the Bible... as false evidence.

You're welcome. It took forever to create all the false evidence but then I just went back and gave it to myself so I didn't have to actually create it all.

You should ask him why his god allowed me to do that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 9 users Like unfogged's post
30-05-2017, 12:34 PM
(30-05-2017 12:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That is a new one for me. Especially since the person who went back to debunk the Bible was an atheist who apparently believed what exactly? Why would someone who is an atheist travel back in time to falsify the Bible? That doesn't make sense to me at all. They believe god isn't real and that the bible is the fallible word of man, so they invent time travel to prove this is true by creating false evidence even though such false evidence wouldn't be necessary to be an atheist or show the bible as untrue? I mean, if they were an atheist before they did all the stuff they did, then god was clearly still not convincing enough for them to believe in so...why plant fake evidence? Or was it an atheist who was somehow unaware of their Satan infestation who didn't realize that their ability to create time travel was a sign of a supernatural process?

I can't even fully articulate my questions about this story because it is difficult to make sense of the entire breadth of ramifications

Whatever it is, it's real fucking hilarious! Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
30-05-2017, 12:38 PM
(30-05-2017 12:34 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 12:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That is a new one for me. Especially since the person who went back to debunk the Bible was an atheist who apparently believed what exactly? Why would someone who is an atheist travel back in time to falsify the Bible? That doesn't make sense to me at all. They believe god isn't real and that the bible is the fallible word of man, so they invent time travel to prove this is true by creating false evidence even though such false evidence wouldn't be necessary to be an atheist or show the bible as untrue? I mean, if they were an atheist before they did all the stuff they did, then god was clearly still not convincing enough for them to believe in so...why plant fake evidence? Or was it an atheist who was somehow unaware of their Satan infestation who didn't realize that their ability to create time travel was a sign of a supernatural process?

Whatever it is, it's real fucking hilarious! Laugh out load

It's amusing in many ways, but like so many other stupid ideas it is also sad because someone believes this shit. Who? Who is so fucking mentally deficient that they believe this shit and why aren't they getting help?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-05-2017, 12:43 PM
In one of Mike Licona's debate I think he said that we should consider UFOs as spiritual/supernatural events.That shocked me.
[+] 1 user Likes sea_tiger's post
30-05-2017, 01:09 PM
If and if This Marshall Barnes (The guy the theist linked to) is correct, I get even more questions for this guy.

1. If someone Time Traveled here this means that this isn't the "Original Universe", How does he know that this Bible is the "True word of GOD" Because he doesn't seem to understand the bible wasn't popped into existence.

2. The Bold part I highlighted, How the hell does this atheist know what is happening because as soon as a new universe is split off, it DOESN'T Follow the same path?
30-05-2017, 01:12 PM
It's astoundingly dishonest, as well. How in the world could this time-traveling atheist have gone back and altered the archaeological (and other) records?

Like, literally, what does he do when he steps out of his time machine? Write a whole new scripture (keeping most of it intact, except for the alterations) and hand it over to some priests of ancient Canaan to disseminate, with perfect replication of the writing style, syntax, and a full understanding of the way those ancient people used metaphor in their holy writings, such that it would pass muster to the religious experts of the day?

Get the fuck outta here! The insanity of such a claim is almost too much to parse.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-05-2017, 01:17 PM
(30-05-2017 01:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's astoundingly dishonest, as well. How in the world could this time-traveling atheist have gone back and altered the archaeological (and other) records?

Like, literally, what does he do when he steps out of his time machine? Write a whole new scripture (keeping most of it intact, except for the alterations) and hand it over to some priests of ancient Canaan to disseminate, with perfect replication of the writing style, syntax, and a full understanding of the way those ancient people used metaphor in their holy writings, such that it would pass muster to the religious experts of the day?

Get the fuck outta here! The insanity of such a claim is almost too much to parse.

It get's worse According to the rules of Time Travels from this Marshall Barnes guy (not the theist), this time Traveller had to come from a different Universe, and this shenanigans wouldn't affect the Time Traveller's universe.
[+] 2 users Like OmniConsUme's post
30-05-2017, 01:28 PM
(30-05-2017 01:17 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  It get's worse According to the rules of Time Travels from this Marshall Barnes guy (not the theist), this time Traveller had to come from a different Universe, and this shenanigans wouldn't affect the Time Traveller's universe.

My advice: get yourself some of whatever mushrooms he's taking, because they sound aaaaaaaaaawwwesome. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post