As soon as I mention the Archaeological findings, it goes off the rails

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 02:34 PM by OmniConsUme.)
RE: As soon as I mention the Archaeological findings, it goes off the rails
Update: he came back and it went even more insane,

Apparently This Time Machine was created closer to Jesus's Time,

And with this he seem to drop the act, all of the atheists are Evil_monster worshippers, not belief there is no god,
We can't Trust history because WE apparently slowed down technological progress, And the Timeline before the forged archaeological switch Jesus sped up tech progress...

He hasn't answered why god wouldn't punish us.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OmniConsUme's post
30-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Wish I could remember the title of it, but I got about halfway through a "Christian sci-fi" novel quite a few years back that had pretty well that exact plotline; it was chock full of just about every apologetic argument you've ever heard about why the gospels don't quite match up, and how certain passages "had a different context" back then ...such as the rich man/camel through the eye of the needle actually meaning the city gate (before the erstwhile Christian time-travelers went back in time to see Jesus, of course they had to make themselves filthy rich by manipulating the stock market first). The "villain" was a lab assistant that had been corrupted by reading "The God Delusion" so he had to use the machine to go back in time to destroy the evidence ...you know, because reading a book made him hate God and stuff.

Wouldn't be the first time a wackadoo read fiction and thought it was real (isn't that how more than one religion has gotten started?).
[+] 3 users Like Grauwyler's post
30-05-2017, 02:39 PM
(30-05-2017 01:55 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Update: he came back and it went even more insane,

Apparently This Time Machine was created closer to Jesus's Time,

And with this he seem to drop the act, all of the atheists are Evil_monster worshippers, not belief there is no god,
We can't Trust history because WE apparently slowed down technological progress, And the Timeline before the forged archaeological switch Jesus sped up tech progress...

He hasn't answered why god wouldn't punish us.

Ask him is his tin foil hat is on too tight. Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-05-2017, 02:40 PM
(30-05-2017 12:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That is a new one for me. Especially since the person who went back to debunk the Bible was an atheist who apparently believed what exactly? Why would someone who is an atheist travel back in time to falsify the Bible? That doesn't make sense to me at all. They believe god isn't real and that the bible is the fallible word of man, so they invent time travel to prove this is true by creating false evidence even though such false evidence wouldn't be necessary to be an atheist or show the bible as untrue? I mean, if they were an atheist before they did all the stuff they did, then god was clearly still not convincing enough for them to believe in so...why plant fake evidence? Or was it an atheist who was somehow unaware of their Satan infestation who didn't realize that their ability to create time travel was a sign of a supernatural process?

I can't even fully articulate my questions about this story because it is difficult to make sense of the entire breadth of ramifications

But they forgot to erase Jebus ? Facepalm
Unfuckingbelievable.
Some people are too stupid to live.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2017, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 03:24 PM by OmniConsUme.)
So guys, actual question, if what this guy says is true wouldn't there be evidence for this or is this unfalsifiable? And why hasn't his god done something about this if it is true?
30-05-2017, 04:07 PM
(30-05-2017 02:49 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  So guys, actual question, if what this guy says is true wouldn't there be evidence for this or is this unfalsifiable? And why hasn't his god done something about this if it is true?

It's totally true, I was on the Grand Canyon time travel team to create false layers of sedimentary rock with fossilized raindrops to make it look like the geological layers of the Grand Canyon couldn't have possibly been formed by Noah's flood. Facepalm

Seriously, what this clown is doing is basically saying that any part of the bible that seems unbelievable was made that way by time-travelling atheists.

That way he doesn't have to defend it, he can just point to his cartoon boogey man and say- well that's what "they" wanted you to think.

This person is trolling you or they have a serious disconnect from reality, either way, you can't have an honest discussion about anything with a person like that.

Of course if you have nothing better to do than stick an intellectual fork in your eye, ask him for specific passages in the bible that were planted by this super-powered atheist and which passages are still intact words of god, force him to be specific.

Don't let them lie with generalities with zero specifics.

Good luck!

[Image: sourcefed-2136-woman-stabs-man-in-eye-wi...-large.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-05-2017, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 04:46 PM by OmniConsUme.)
I just PM'ed someone in the Time Travel Reddit, whose also an athiest who basically said Marshall Barnes (The "scientist" the theist was using) is a nutcase waiting for response.

(30-05-2017 04:07 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 02:49 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  So guys, actual question, if what this guy says is true wouldn't there be evidence for this or is this unfalsifiable? And why hasn't his god done something about this if it is true?

Seriously, what this clown is doing is basically saying that any part of the bible that seems unbelievable was made that way by time-travelling atheists.

Actually he believes all of the modern bible is true, just not the early versions.
30-05-2017, 04:44 PM
-snip-
30-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:Next He said, because of this An Atheist who was filled with Satan, went Back in time and destroyed all evidence of how the Bible was True, and planted false evidence that debunks the Bible... He's also including The Early Versions of the Bible... as false evidence.

Have you given any thought to the possibility that you need to stop talking to flaming fucking assholes like that?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
30-05-2017, 05:36 PM
(30-05-2017 04:30 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  .....an athiest who basically said Marshall Barnes (The "scientist" the theist was using) is a nutcase..

Gee....ya think?

Hate to say it but atheists can be nut jobs too. Muslims and Christians don't have a corner market on nuttiness.

Sometimes people need to use simple, common logic and it sound like this guy, Barns, reads too many science fiction books.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.