Asexuality, anybody have some insight?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Asexuality, anybody have some insight?
So I'm really curious. I heard some girl describe herself as asexual back in highschool, but I basically thought she was joking, and I know for a fact that she has had sex many times since highschool.

This morning, I talked to a 21 year old girl who said she is asexual. But she is also a virgin, so I feel conflicted on whether or not she has just "yet to be awoken". I don't know!

The concept of asexuality..it's hard for me to grasp because I feel like sex is like hunger. I get "cravings" at least once per day (on avg) and I can't imagine not having a desire for sex. It would be like never getting hungry, or desiring a delicious meal!

So my question is...Does anybody have any insight on asexuality? I would love a first person account of what you feel, or don't feel, as an asexual. Especially if you are sexually experienced!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Asexuality, anybody have some insight?
Consider if I remember correctly, amyb has said she is asexual, I may be mistaken tho, if I am, I apologize.

Is this one of the girls from the anime site?? Lol she is in the wrong place if so Laugh out load

It may be possible for someone to know before sexual interaction that they are asexual. It could be they just have no interest in thinking about/having a sexual encounter with others. Kind of like knowing you are a homosexual man, without having to try a woman first maybe?

I'm interested to see where this one goes! Thumbsup
06-01-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 08:07 PM by Adrianime.)
(06-01-2014 06:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Is this one of the girls from the anime site?? Lol she is in the wrong place if so Laugh out load

It may be possible for someone to know before sexual interaction that they are asexual. It could be they just have no interest in thinking about/having a sexual encounter with others. Kind of like knowing you are a homosexual man, without having to try a woman first maybe?
Haha, no she is a girl on a different site who happens to like anime.

And yeah I would imagine it is possible. I mean, I assume that asexual people can pleasure themselves....just cannot receive pleasure from others? I don't know, it's confusing haha. Ahh, does not compute.

Syntax error

06-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Rainbow RE: Asexuality, anybody have some insight?
Heterosexuals have had homosexual experiences, and homosexuals have had heterosexual experiences. Would you scoff at them for it? So why do so with an asexual who has had a sexual experience?

Are you hetero or homo? Imagine being in a room filled with your opposite. Do you have these "cravings"? No? Just feel normal? Congratulations, you now know how it feels to be asexual. You might have sexual urges, but they're not triggered by or directed at a specif sex (or any sex).
06-01-2014, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 08:18 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(06-01-2014 06:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Is this one of the girls from the anime site?? Lol she is in the wrong place if so Laugh out load

Haha, no she is a girl on a different site who happens to like anime.

And yeah I would imagine it is possible. I mean, I assume that asexual people can pleasure themselves....just cannot receieve pleasure from others? I don't know, it's confusing haha. Ahh, does not compute.

Syntax error

No, that's a different condition (can't remember it's name). Asexuality is the lack of any impulse or desire to participate in sexual activities or be sexually stimulated. It's not the incapability of being sexually stimulated, it's the lack of motivation to do so.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-01-2014, 07:12 PM
(06-01-2014 07:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Asexuality is the lack of any impulse or desire to participate in sexual activities or be sexually stimulate. It's not the incapability of being sexually stimulated, it's the lack of motivation to do so.
How is that different from having a "low or nonexistant sex drive"?

06-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I thought 'asexual' was no preference for either sex or gender neutrality, nothing to do with having actual sex.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
People who are asexual are like anyone else, except they need to avoid water. And probably just don't feed them after midnight.
[+] 4 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-01-2014, 08:06 PM
(06-01-2014 07:23 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I thought 'asexual' was no preference for either sex or gender neutrality, nothing to do with having actual sex.
I thought that was bisexual? Consider

06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Watch a few documentaries. I know I've watched a couple on asexuality, I'll get back to you on what they actually are called.. For starters though, I'm pretty sure I watched one on hulu just called asexual.

People who are asexual just don't have a sex drive. It's not low, its just not there. And there are different types of asexual, too. Romantic asexual, where an asexual person still has feelings of love for another, usually involving hand holding and cuddling, and aromantic asexual, where they're pretty hands-off. And romantic asexuals can still have a gender preference for who they'd like their partner to be.

There are people who are truly asexual, and they're just as normal as you and me Tongue

EDIT: the documentary is called (A)sexual, here's the preview on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYMh9zkt6r4
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post