Asexuality, anybody have some insight?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Asexuality, anybody have some insight?
In my experience it's having boy parts while having the testosterone levels of a little girl. Fortunately technology has provided me with a fix. Tongue

[Image: androgel-pump.jpg]

... Consider ... It's probably the same for the asexual ladies too. Their libido needs testosterone too, just not nearly as much. Like I need estrogen for libido, just not nearly as much. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 08:45 PM
From what I've learned, Asexual is someone who does not have a sex drive, but do still crave companionship. My roommate is an asexual, and I have asked him many questions. [/i]
22-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Adrian, I was listening to my stuff you should know podcast, they sis one on a sexuality. If you don't do podcasts, here is the article they pulled a lot of info from. I still need to watch the documentary colourcraze posted
http://www.howstuffworks.com/life/human-...uality.htm
22-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I always figured that asexuality was sort of like my view on cauliflower. I don't hate cauliflower, i'm not disgusted by cauliflower. I can simply go without it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2014, 09:59 AM
(06-01-2014 11:00 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  People who are asexual just don't have a sex drive. It's not low, its just not there. And there are different types of asexual, too. Romantic asexual, where an asexual person still has feelings of love for another, usually involving hand holding and cuddling, and aromantic asexual, where they're pretty hands-off. And romantic asexuals can still have a gender preference for who they'd like their partner to be.

In that case I must be Romantic asexual. I still get the oxytocin rush from touching the body of my husband but I am completely anorgasmic. I have no hunger for sex, but I do like the intimacy. I don't really get that hungry for food either for that matter and I don't get much reward from eating.

That's not to say my skin is not sensitive to touch, if anything it is probably too sensitive. Any strong physical sensation gets interpreted as abnormal.

It is possible that I started to have an orgasm once but it me woke up and that stopped it (no I wasn't having sex at the time). I have nothing to compare it to so I can't say for sure.

I put it down to a lack of receptors for certain neuromodulators in my head (dopamine receptors?). Cigarettes do nothing for me. I was given morphine in hospital once and it was having no effect that I could discern. I started to think that it was a placebo but just before the nurses took it away, my mother suggested I give myself an extra dose and doing so made me vomit. I didn't notice any difference in pain when it was taken away.

I've had a high a few times in my life, but only when paragliding after escaping rather dangerous situations when things have gone seriously wrong.

Caffeine though can send me round the bend. I like adrenaline and it makes me feel alive.

All in all, sex is just one less distraction in life.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post