Ask A Catholic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Ask A Catholic
(27-07-2014 05:58 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Catholicism can be good for children I think.

Tell that to the countless children that has been fucked by a priest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
27-07-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 07:08 PM by Cathym112.)
(27-07-2014 06:36 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(27-07-2014 05:58 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Catholicism can be good for children I think.

Tell that to the countless children that has been fucked by a priest.

Catholicism is not good for children. And you don't have to be raped for it to be bad.

The way in which Catholicism has a special kind of guilt (that's why it's called catholic guilt) for the way your body is, how it functions and pretty much any sexual thought, is enough to cause years of sexual dysfunction.

Causing shame during the formative years causes intense harm, often irreparable.

I was raised catholic. When I was 12 I had gotten my period. My hormones were raging and I released the sexual tension by masturbating. At confession a few years later, I told the priest that instead of engaging in sex before marriage, I masturbated.

Masturbatinf was just as bad, he said. It took me years to get over my shame, and even longer to leave the church entirely. Being denied the ability to enjoy your sexuality, in any kind of way, is a horrendous thing to do to a person.

They also over emphasized the meaning of sex. It was a major disappointment when I finally had it. I even struggled with it when I was in relationships. It was drilled into me that sex was a way to communicate deep meaning to your husband. Every time. So every time there was so much pressure on it. And when we weren't loving or gentle, it felt....wrong. Sometimes sex is just sex. No heavy emotional blanket attached.

I'm finally over that, but it took me until my 20s.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
27-07-2014, 06:53 PM
A debate between a Protestant and a Catholic would be as silly as a debate between a Star Trek fan and a Star Wars fan. Like who would win in a fight?
On the other hand there might be some value in that debate. So what side will you take? A Borg cube or the Death Star.
27-07-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 07:01 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(27-07-2014 06:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-07-2014 06:36 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Tell that to the countless children that has been fucked by a priest.

Catholicism is not good for children. And you don't have to be raped for it to be bad.

The way in which Catholicism has a special kind of guilt (that's why it's called catholic guilt) for the way your body is, how it functions and pretty much any sexual thought, is enough to cause years of sexual dysfunction.

Causing shame during the formative years causes intense harm, often irreparable.
Yup. I know. I was one too. Had the guilt but I'd imagine that's much better than being raped. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't have to find out.
Edited..
27-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Catholic clergy do not offend more than teachers or those of other religious denominations. They also have had their cover ups as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Standard-Sc...1453730699

Also, I meant the Catholic Faith can be good for children. That is the teachings of the Church, not the behavior of Pedophile priests who violate the vows that they made to God and to the Church to not do such things.
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post
27-07-2014, 06:58 PM
(27-07-2014 06:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-07-2014 06:36 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Tell that to the countless children that has been fucked by a priest.

Okay you are correct about that. I can't deny that Catholic guilt has fucked up my head. But at times it caused me to do the right thing like not lie, be charitable to others, not steal etc.
27-07-2014, 06:59 PM
(27-07-2014 06:53 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  A debate between a Protestant and a Catholic would be as silly as a debate between a Star Trek fan and a Star Wars fan. Like who would win in a fight?
On the other hand there might be some value in that debate. So what side will you take? A Borg cube or the Death Star.

I'm saying I can show these fundies that the Catholic Church that they claim is unbiblical and the Whore of Babylon, is more Biblical than their Religion and in fact they get their Bible and many of their traditions from the Catholic Church!
27-07-2014, 07:00 PM
(27-07-2014 06:56 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Catholic clergy do not offend more than teachers or those of other religious denominations.

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Standard-Sc...1453730699

Also, I meant the Catholic Faith can be good for children. That is the teachings of the Church, not the behavior of Pedophile priests who violate the vows that they made to God and to the Church to not do such things.

As Cathym said, the Catholic guilt is pretty damaging. So no. In no way is that bullshit faith good for any child.
27-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I edited my post to add more but you guys were too quick.

I was raised catholic. When I was 12 I had gotten my period. My hormones were raging and I released the sexual tension by masturbating. At confession a few years later, I told the priest that instead of engaging in sex before marriage, I masturbated.

Masturbatinf was just as bad, he said. It took me years to get over my shame, and even longer to leave the church entirely. Being denied the ability to enjoy your sexuality, in any kind of way, is a horrendous thing to do to a person.

They also over emphasized the meaning of sex. It was a major disappointment when I finally had it. I even struggled with it when I was in relationships. It was drilled into me that sex was a way to communicate deep meaning to your husband. Every time. So every time there was so much pressure on it. And when we weren't loving or gentle, it felt....wrong. Sometimes sex is just sex. No heavy emotional blanket attached.

I'm finally over that, but it took me until my 20s.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-07-2014, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 07:20 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Yeah! I think Masturbation is a lot more healthier than repression but am pretty sure it can be an unhealthy addiction that leads to sexual addiction and perversion.

I think I masturbate too often, on average more than once a day, which is totally indicative of something very wrong. It's a coping mechanism for anxiety and depressive disorders.

When I converted to Catholicism I managed to make it a year and a half without doing that.

Had the most incredibly erotic dreams let me tell ya! Drooling LOL

He told you masturbation was the same thing as fornication and adultery? What a fucking IDIOT!

Anyhow, I don't think I'm going to run into any Bible Christians to debate me here. LOLFacepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post