29-07-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: Ask A Catholic
Oh so I'm not a walking miracle after all. You just ruined my day Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 03:23 PM
(29-07-2014 11:50 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 03:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cool; what's with the whole institutionalised cannibalism thing they've got going?

Sorry, thought that was a rhetorical question.

In John 4:31-34 and Mt 16:5-12 which describe Jesus speaking about food in a symbolic or figurative way. The disciples interpret him to mean real food. Note how Jesus shows them in plain , unmistakable language that He is only speaking figuratively.

Compare this with Jn 6:51 Jesus says we must eat his flesh in order to have life. In Jn 6:52, the Jews interpret him literally. Jesus then repeats again in the clearest possible language that we must eat his flesh and drink his blood in order to have eternal life. "My flesh is true food and my blood is true drink", is not the language of symbolism.

Jesus tells us precisely what he meant by bread, he tells us he means by telling us clearly that the bread is his own flesh (verse 52), which we must eat in order to have eternal life. Jesus says, "my flesh" when discussing the Eucharist, he says "the flesh" when referring to the carnal man. This is the only time recorded in the New Testament that any of Jesus' disciples left him because they found a doctrine of his too hard to accept.

St. Paul in 1 Cor 11:27 "whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily sins against the body and blood of the Lord". In all four Last Supper accounts, Jesus tells us plainly that "this is my body" and "this is my blood". Never is there a hint that he is speaking symbolically. Until the Protestant reformation, Christians accepted the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

The famous Fathers and writers of the early Church such as St. Ignatius of Antioch (110 AD), St. Justin Martyr(150AD), St. Irenaeus, bishop of Lyons and pupil of St. Polycarp (195AD), St. Cyril of Jerusalem (350 AD), and many others have spoken about the Doctrine of the real prescence of Christ in the Eucharist. Christians have believed in the Eucharist for 2,000 years.

If that doesn't answer your question ask me more questions about the Eucharist if you have them. Do you want to have an explanation on the differences between the Dogma/tradition/practice of Holy Communion and Cannibalism?

I checked up on the difference at a website called 'The Catholic Thing', where they gave several reasons as to why communion isn't cannibalism. None of which I buy as an excuse.
It doesn't matter what way anybody slices it; so long as the bread and wine are believed to literally be Jewsus' body and blood, than they can't escape the fact that they believe they are literally eating human flesh and blood. The consumption of human flesh or organs is cannibalism by definition, and that's exactly what the belief holds; 'we dun be eating the literal body of a dead dude'.

Of course, they aren't actually cannibals, because all they are doing is drinking wine and bread or a cracker or something. It's kinda like kids playing house, but not wanting to accept that they are playing it; they are trying to play cannibal, but their never going to admit it even to themselves.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-07-2014, 03:49 PM
(29-07-2014 02:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Many many people change radially late in their teen years.

Yes, they grow taller...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-07-2014, 11:52 AM
The catholic church is not a healthy place for kids or adults. The catholic guilt can be really bad for some. I have a hard time trusting a group that tells you how worthless you are, that you have been worthless since birth (through no fault of your own) and they have the answer. Actually they never stop telling you how worthless you are, it really sucks. Yes I am a former catholic. My wife and kids are still catholic and I just can not understand why.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
30-07-2014, 01:58 PM
What I do not understand is how is it in your reasoning that a cracker and some wine become a "literal" blood and body of your savior?

Would that not make you cannibals if true?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-07-2014, 02:06 PM
(30-07-2014 01:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What I do not understand is how is it in your reasoning that a cracker and some wine become a "literal" blood and body of your savior?

My theory is that very few Catholics really believe that, and the ones who do have got to be a little twisted.

I've been attending a Catholic church for the last few years (mostly to appease my dad in his final years), and once they had a posterboard up in the church with a bunch of comments from kids who were about to make their first Communion. One little girl said "I can't wait to drink the blood of Jesus!" Might want to keep an eye on her. Laugh out load
30-07-2014, 02:18 PM
(30-07-2014 02:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 01:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What I do not understand is how is it in your reasoning that a cracker and some wine become a "literal" blood and body of your savior?

My theory is that very few Catholics really believe that, and the ones who do have got to be a little twisted.

I've been attending a Catholic church for the last few years (mostly to appease my dad in his final years), and once they had a posterboard up in the church with a bunch of comments from kids who were about to make their first Communion. One little girl said "I can't wait to drink the blood of Jesus!" Might want to keep an eye on her. Laugh out load

I never did think it was the actual body and blood, but spiritual body and blood. But anyway, I was bad catholic even when I believed.
30-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I wanna know : "do ectopic babies have souls ?"
If so, why does the church permit the ending of those pregnancies, yet not others which clearly endanger the lives og the mothers ?

(Oh, and BTW, still waiting to know what "the moment of conception" is ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-07-2014, 02:27 PM
(30-07-2014 11:52 AM)wazzel Wrote:  The catholic church is not a healthy place for kids or adults. The catholic guilt can be really bad for some. I have a hard time trusting a group that tells you how worthless you are, that you have been worthless since birth (through no fault of your own) and they have the answer. Actually they never stop telling you how worthless you are, it really sucks. Yes I am a former catholic. My wife and kids are still catholic and I just can not understand why.

Beautiful point because I felt worthless, born as a cursed child of wrath, for something I didn't do. Yet at the same time I believed Jesus was so generous he gave his life to pay a debt I couldn't pay and he didn't owe. I believed what Jesus said,

"There is more rejoicing in Heaven over one repentant sinner than 99 righteous people". "The greater the sinner, the greater his/her right to my mercy". I came to call the sinners, not the righteous". It is the sick who need a physician not those who are well." --Christ

I'll answer your post when I get a moment bucky ball. I gotta go do a shit load of dishes atm
30-07-2014, 02:35 PM
(30-07-2014 02:27 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 11:52 AM)wazzel Wrote:  The catholic church is not a healthy place for kids or adults. The catholic guilt can be really bad for some. I have a hard time trusting a group that tells you how worthless you are, that you have been worthless since birth (through no fault of your own) and they have the answer. Actually they never stop telling you how worthless you are, it really sucks. Yes I am a former catholic. My wife and kids are still catholic and I just can not understand why.

Beautiful point because I felt worthless, born as a cursed child of wrath, for something I didn't do. Yet at the same time I believed Jesus was so generous he gave his life to pay a debt I couldn't pay and he didn't owe. I believed what Jesus said,

"There is more rejoicing in Heaven over one repentant sinner than 99 righteous people". "The greater the sinner, the greater his/her right to my mercy". I came to call the sinners, not the righteous". It is the sick who need a physician not those who are well." --Christ

I'll answer your post when I get a moment bucky ball. I gotta go do a shit load of dishes atm

What kind of god/father sends his son to die for the world's sins but does nothing to fix the suffering of the world? It is a really useless gesture.