Ask A Fomer Fudamentalist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: Ask A Fomer Fudamentalist
I think this sums it up fairly well...
Quote:The origins of the Brethren are usually traced to Dublin where several groups of Christians met informally to celebrate the Lord's Supper together in the Dublin in 1827–8. Of these the central figures were Anthony Norris Groves, a dentist studying theology at Trinity College, Edward Cronin, studying medicine, John Nelson Darby, then a curate in County Wicklow and John Gifford Bellett, a lawyer, who brought them together. "A circle was to be drawn just wide enough to include 'all the children of God,' and to exclude all who did not come under that category."[3] They did not require ministers or even an order of service. Their guide was to be the Bible alone.

I remember Darby being mentioned in our church from time to time. The fellow who started our church (here in the U.S.) was originally from Ireland.. He became a missionary to South Africa, then to the U.S., where he lived out his life. He died only a year or 2 ago.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes anonymous66's post
31-12-2013, 02:44 PM
(31-12-2013 02:32 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Thanks anonymous!

You're welcome! I love talking about this stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes anonymous66's post
31-12-2013, 02:51 PM
(31-12-2013 02:44 PM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 02:32 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Thanks anonymous!

You're welcome! I love talking about this stuff.

Me too! I was a big theology nerd when I was a theist

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
31-12-2013, 02:56 PM
(31-12-2013 02:51 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 02:44 PM)anonymous66 Wrote:  You're welcome! I love talking about this stuff.

Me too! I was a big theology nerd when I was a theist

Are you familiar with Robert Price , the Bible Geek? <-- be sure to click the links.
31-12-2013, 03:02 PM
(31-12-2013 02:56 PM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 02:51 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Me too! I was a big theology nerd when I was a theist

Are you familiar with Robert Price , the Bible Geek? <-- be sure to click the links.

I had heard about him but didnt know he had a podcast, I'll suscribe when I get home.
Thanks

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor