Ask An Ex-Catholic/Buddhist/Ninja/Biblical Scholar!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Ask A Catholic!
(03-02-2012 09:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 08:38 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  Perhaps I should've kept my mouth shut, I apologize.

No, no don't apologize. Keep it up!

More ammo that way huh? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nagoda's post
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
(03-02-2012 09:23 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  Oh and before you all ask, I'm bi.

I don't think it would have occurred to me to ask, but thanks for the info.

In the priest rape scenario I outlined, please state your agreement or disagreement with the following statements (which reflect my understanding of KingsChosen's brand of belief. )

A) The priest's desire to fuck the little boy is placed in the priest by god.

B) The priest doesn't have free will, and has no choice but to follow through on his desire to fuck the little boy.

C) The priest fucking the little boy is part of god's plan.

D) The parents of the little boy should still worship god even after understanding that the priest fucking their little boy was god's will

E) Our god is an awesome god
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 09:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-02-2012 09:40 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 09:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 08:38 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  Perhaps I should've kept my mouth shut, I apologize.

No, no don't apologize. Keep it up!

More ammo that way huh? Big Grin

Not at all. I'm fascinated by all of the various delusions and look forward to exploring and experiencing as many as I can. ... I just prefer to remain a tourist.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2012, 09:50 PM
(03-02-2012 09:40 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 09:23 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  Oh and before you all ask, I'm bi.

I don't think it would have occurred to me to ask, but thanks for the info.

In the priest rape scenario I outlined, please state your agreement or disagreement with the following statements (which reflect my understanding of KingsChosen's brand of belief. )

A) The priest's desire to fuck the little boy is placed in the priest by god.

B) The priest doesn't have free will, and has no choice but to follow through on his desire to fuck the little boy.

C) The priest fucking the little boy is part of god's plan.

D) The parents of the little boy should still worship god even after understanding that the priest fucking their little boy was god's will

E) Our god is an awesome god

I would agree with E OUTSIDE that scenario. But I disagree with all of them in regards to it. All of them, especially in the context you've given, are fucked up. Even if the priest has a pediphilic orientation , he can still choose to control it and not act on it, but that might be very very difficult for him if not next to impossible, That's like taking the Church's position on homosexuality and saying that all gays have to be celibate: it's impossible for most people to do. I remember the true story of a priest who was so shocked by the pedophile scandal in the 60s and 70s and knew that it couldn't be "cured", as was I think the popular belief in some psychology circles at the time. His solution? He was prepared to save up all his life savings to buy an island in the middle of nowhere to put every offending priest on and isolate them from the rest of society. I think he may have even written to Pope Paul VI at the time to get permission to do this, but I could be wrong. I knew he at least wrote to the Pope and asked him to stop covering things up and moving the priests around from diocese to diocese.
03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Since you said you're bisexual, I take it you disagree with the church's stance that the homosexual act is sinful?
03-02-2012, 10:08 PM
(03-02-2012 10:07 PM)Ben Wrote:  Since you said you're bisexual, I take it you disagree with the church's stance that the homosexual act is sinful?

Bingo.
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 10:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-02-2012 08:58 PM)Thomas Wrote:  What you will likely find in atheist is mix of Kantians and Utilitarians, they are not much on “feeling that god doesn’t exist”, it is more of a progression in logic.

That.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
(03-02-2012 10:08 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 10:07 PM)Ben Wrote:  Since you said you're bisexual, I take it you disagree with the church's stance that the homosexual act is sinful?

Bingo.

So, are you a "Cafeteria Catholic"? That is, you don't believe all that the Roman Catholic Church says but still call yourself RC?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2012, 10:31 PM
(03-02-2012 10:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Bingo.

So, are you a "Cafeteria Catholic"? That is, you don't believe all that the Roman Catholic Church says but still call yourself RC?

Call myself and am. But pretty much yes, by your definition. I believe we've had this discussion before, and came to an impass on it.
[+] 1 user Likes Nagoda's post
03-02-2012, 10:36 PM
(03-02-2012 10:31 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 10:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Bingo.

Call myself and am. But pretty much yes, by your definition. I believe we've had this discussion before, and came to an impass on it.

Ah, yes, now that you mention it. My ex-wife had the same belief that she was a Catholic and the Church was wrong. I still don't understand the logic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post