Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 04:24 AM
Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country
A few days ago I shared my story on why I left Islam.
You can ask me anything related to it.
If you haven't read it click here
Kindly: Read the post if you haven't , and Ask me your questions only here
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ibrahim95128's post
09-07-2017, 04:36 AM
RE: Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country
I want to know what superstitious beliefs you find around yourself where you live.
09-07-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country
How are the Syrian refugees getting along in Lebanon? Are they causing any imbalances between the various native communities?
09-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Why do tourists go to the top of tall buildings and then put money in telescopes so they can see things on the ground in close-up?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-07-2017, 03:14 AM
Have you found substitutes for those religious activities that once gave you positive feelings such as senses of belonging, of being watched-over and sheperded, of courage, of mission, of salvation?

If they are not too personal, what are they, how well have they worked?

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
10-07-2017, 03:55 AM
How are you doing generally? Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
10-07-2017, 04:17 AM
(09-07-2017 04:24 AM)Ibrahim95128 Wrote:  A few days ago I shared my story on why I left Islam.
You can ask me anything related to it.

Your Imam said, “No, that is a bunch of nonsense regurgitated by the evil Americans.”

In your estimate, how common is that attitude toward Americans among Muslims? What percentage really hate us?
10-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in Middle East a slightly more Liberal country
Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions. Smile

Do you believe that there's any validity to the often reported notion that there are militant Islamic "sleepers" buried within Western societies who're waiting for "the call" to arms, and who may have been living perfectly normal western-style lives for years, maybe even decades? It's alleged that many of these sleepers could be holding down jobs, buying homes, marrying into local families, rearing children etc.

Purportedly these sleepers are more than prepared to uprise as one when the day comes, kill local people, bomb homes, and destroy infrastructure such as schools and hospitals.

Are these claims just generated by the usual conspiracy theorists/panic merchants/Islamophobes etc, or could there be some truth to them, no matter how little?

Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-07-2017, 01:11 PM
(09-07-2017 04:36 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I want to know what superstitious beliefs you find around yourself where you live.
Christianity, Druze & of course Islam
10-07-2017, 01:24 PM
(09-07-2017 11:56 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  How are the Syrian refugees getting along in Lebanon? Are they causing any imbalances between the various native communities?
It depends, but the refugee crisis has made national security unstable, we occasionally have ISIL & Al-Qaeda carrying out terrorist activities because of Hezbollah's intervention in Syria as well as the Lebanese government not regulating immigration.
Unemployment has significantly risen, bc Lebanese employers are hiring Syrians over we the natives due to the fact that employers underpay Syrians, Lebanese get hire wages. TL;DR "THEY TOOK AWWR JAWWBS!!!!!!!!"
The number of homeless beggars has increased dramatically, and they are annoying as FUCK, especially the children they won't leave you alone, and a lot of the times they steal money & other personal belongings.
There are no records of sexual crimes in police stations.
I am not being a xenophobe, but most Syrian refugees are problematic, but I have met many kind & decent Syrians.
[+] 1 user Likes Ibrahim95128's post