Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country
What do you think are the next steps towards trying to soften Islam enough so that we can head towards global secularism rather than having these insulated theocracies?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
11-07-2017, 05:36 AM
RE: Ask Me Anything: Ex-Muslim living in the Middle East a slightly more Liberal country
My favorite song from SOAD is Lost in Hollywood, it shows that hollywood is a corporatist shithole brianwashing people
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Ibrahim95128's post
11-07-2017, 05:52 AM
(11-07-2017 05:36 AM)Ibrahim95128 Wrote:  My favorite song from SOAD is Lost in Hollywood, it shows that hollywood is a corporatist shithole brianwashing people
Mine is "Dreaming", sounds a bit fucked up to begin with but has an absolutely magical harmony at the end with the singing/riffs, it's just fantastic.

I also like all the silly songs. Songs such as "fuck the system" :

Quote:I'm, but a little bit bit bit, show!
But a little bit bit bit, shame!
But a little bit, bit, bit
Bit! Bit! Bit!

Laugh out load

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
12-07-2017, 01:59 PM
(11-07-2017 05:35 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  What do you think are the next steps towards trying to soften Islam enough so that we can head towards global secularism rather than having these insulated theocracies?
Good question, I think the media , celebrities , academics should at least talk to great thinkers who want to reform Islam or better yet encourage them like Imam Tawhidi, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Majid Nawaz, Wafaa Sultan, Irshad Manji.
Universities should host debates, lectures, panel discussions, seminars that have no barriers in discussing Islam without labeling lecturers as Islamphobes.
The US government must cut all aid and support to Islamic countries especially KSA.
12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
(11-07-2017 05:36 AM)Ibrahim95128 Wrote:  My favorite song from SOAD is Lost in Hollywood, it shows that hollywood is a corporatist shithole brianwashing people

In what ways do you think Hollywood is brainwashing people?
18-07-2017, 02:42 PM
(12-07-2017 01:59 PM)Ibrahim95128 Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 05:35 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  What do you think are the next steps towards trying to soften Islam enough so that we can head towards global secularism rather than having these insulated theocracies?
Good question, I think the media , celebrities , academics should at least talk to great thinkers who want to reform Islam or better yet encourage them like Imam Tawhidi, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Majid Nawaz, Wafaa Sultan, Irshad Manji.
Universities should host debates, lectures, panel discussions, seminars that have no barriers in discussing Islam without labeling lecturers as Islamphobes.
The US government must cut all aid and support to Islamic countries especially KSA.

Whoo... all great suggestions.

I don't see that last one happening in this administration, though.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."