Ask TrueReason...Religious questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Ask TrueReason...Religious questions
(23-08-2012 01:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 01:17 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I have no clue. Why don't you give yourself credit for the change instead of Christianity? Did someone wave a magic wand? I'm betting not. It's internal, not external.

Whether we believe in Christianity or not, it's still entirely possible that KCs religion is what spurred him into becoming a better person.

Agreed. He may have also been inspired by a poem or a Twinkie. But the change had to come from within.

<sigh> But I suppose that opens up the whole can of worms about free will. Nevermind.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
23-08-2012, 02:50 PM
(23-08-2012 02:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  I make up for it with my other... talents Big Grin

Derailing?

Because... we're pretty good at that.

It was supposed to be all mysterious n shit...
23-08-2012, 02:52 PM
(23-08-2012 02:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 02:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Derailing?

Because... we're pretty good at that.

It was supposed to be all mysterious n shit...

Worst mysteryer in history.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-08-2012, 02:59 PM
(23-08-2012 02:38 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 01:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Whether we believe in Christianity or not, it's still entirely possible that KCs religion is what spurred him into becoming a better person.

Agreed. He may have also been inspired by a poem or a Twinkie. But the change had to come from within.

<sigh> But I suppose that opens up the whole can of worms about free will. Nevermind.

It's a tough one to be sure Tink, but I actually suspect we are more on the same page than it appears. Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-08-2012, 03:33 PM
(23-08-2012 02:02 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Damn you fuckers post a lot.

I broke the limit just an hour ago. Thanks to whoever reset it. xD

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Just a question for, well anyone (or everyone) I guess....

If theists didn't believe in freewill, wouldn't that make god the most evil being of all time--one that makes satan seem like a saint? Granted it would also assume they believe in punishment (ex: hell).
23-08-2012, 03:50 PM
(23-08-2012 03:43 PM)elemts Wrote:  Just a question for, well anyone (or everyone) I guess....

If theists didn't believe in freewill, wouldn't that make god the most evil being of all time--one that makes satan seem like a saint? Granted it would also assume they believe in punishment (ex: hell).
Been there, done that. I think you've been long enough to know how kingschosen certain theists would try to rationalize it.

i.e. god is perfect; god's actions are part of a perfect plan; human morals do not apply to god, because god has his own morals; god cannot be held responsible by "human standards", etc. The list goes on and on.

It's fairly easy to make stuff up and talk out of your ass, however finding evidence to back it up is a completely different story. At the very least KC is honest enough to admit that his belief is based on nothing but faith.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-08-2012, 03:52 PM
(23-08-2012 03:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 03:43 PM)elemts Wrote:  Just a question for, well anyone (or everyone) I guess....

Been there, done that. I think you've been long enough to know how kingschosen certain theists would try to rationalize it.

i.e. god is perfect; god's actions are part of a perfect plan; human morals do not apply to god, because god has his own morals; god cannot be held responsible by "human standards", etc. The list goes on and on.

It's fairly easy to make stuff up and talk out of your ass, however finding evidence to back it up is a completely different story. At the very least KC is honest enough to admit that his belief is based on nothing but faith.

Out of curiosity, what other evidence would you wants about God besides from scripture?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-08-2012, 03:53 PM
(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Out of curiosity,

[Image: happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png]

(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  what other evidence would you wants about God besides from scripture?
Peer-reviewed scientific evidence.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-08-2012, 03:56 PM
(23-08-2012 03:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Out of curiosity,

[Image: happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png]

(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  what other evidence would you wants about God besides from scripture?
Peer-reviewed scientific evidence.

That's what scripture is Evil_monster
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post