Ask TrueReason...Religious questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Ask TrueReason...Religious questions
(23-08-2012 03:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Out of curiosity,

[Image: happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png]

(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  what other evidence would you wants about God besides from scripture?
Peer-reviewed scientific evidence.

[Image: vizzini-princess-bride11.jpeg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-08-2012, 03:59 PM
(23-08-2012 03:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Out of curiosity,

[Image: happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png]

(23-08-2012 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  what other evidence would you wants about God besides from scripture?
Peer-reviewed scientific evidence.

That woul just make Gwyneth god. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-08-2012, 04:03 PM
(23-08-2012 02:23 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 02:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's sad, really.
It is.

What are you talking about? Posting over 100 times in a 24 hour period is perfectly normal. ;D

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-08-2012, 08:47 PM
welp...

[Image: forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png]

23-08-2012, 09:13 PM
[Image: she-said-shed-call-me-maybe.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
23-08-2012, 09:16 PM
[Image: kendrick+perkins+sad+meme.png]

23-08-2012, 10:09 PM
(23-08-2012 12:01 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  Support for their authorship is found in the early attestation of that authorship by the early church fathers, and the early dates of the Gospels within the first century AD.

Paul wrote Paul's letters. Stylistic and grammatical differences between his writings, and indeed throughout many of the NT writings, can be attributed to the use of different amanuenses or scribes.

That's my answer. If you don't like it, we can start another thread some time discussing arguments for this in more detail.

I think we'll talk about it right now.

1. The early father were self-admitted liars :
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/lying.htm
2. The Pauline contradictions far exceed "grammatical", and "stylistic" differences.
(see below).
3. The whole thing is probably a fake : http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/j...ation.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2012, 10:23 PM
(23-08-2012 10:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 12:01 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  Support for their authorship is found in the early attestation of that authorship by the early church fathers, and the early dates of the Gospels within the first century AD.

Paul wrote Paul's letters. Stylistic and grammatical differences between his writings, and indeed throughout many of the NT writings, can be attributed to the use of different amanuenses or scribes.

That's my answer. If you don't like it, we can start another thread some time discussing arguments for this in more detail.

I think we'll talk about it right now.

1. The early father were self-admitted liars :
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/lying.htm
2. The Pauline contradictions far exceed "grammatical", and "stylistic" differences.
(see below).
3. The whole thing is probably a fake : http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/j...ation.html

At best, the gospels could not have been written before 70 CE after the destruction of Jerusalem. 40 years is a long time to hold on to accurate memories. I couldn't tell you a handful of details from 40 years ago. But that's at best. Current scholarship indicates the gospels were written during the 2nd Century. Who else wrote in the 2nd Century? Consider Oh that's right. The Early Church Fathers who mention the gospels...the ones that perhaps they actually wrote. Writers of documents they didn't write, got the shaft, so the myriad of other gospels didn't get promoted.

Also, I'm assuming you've read the Gospels. What about them seems like an eyewitness account to you? Literary criticism follows the gospels following very formulaic outlines to the way they were written. Also, the story arcs can be traced back to OT stories. Jesus is Isaac, Moses, David, Elijah, Jonah Na Daniel, etc. Then in Acts, the narrative puts Paul into the same kind of story that the Gospels have told, only to make the names change to make Paul look like Jesus on his own passion journey to Rome. These documents are literature and religious pamphlets, NOT any kind of historical accounts.

I'll save blowing Paul up for you after you've finished digesting what I've dropped on you so far. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-08-2012, 11:14 PM
(23-08-2012 10:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  At best, the gospels could not have been written before 70 CE after the destruction of Jerusalem. 40 years is a long time to hold on to accurate memories. I couldn't tell you a handful of details from 40 years ago. But that's at best.
Considerng the average person's lifespan back then, I think it's fair to say that nobody who saw Jesus within his lifetime ever told one of the authors of the NT about it. It's hearsay hearsay.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-08-2012, 11:24 PM
(23-08-2012 11:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 10:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  At best, the gospels could not have been written before 70 CE after the destruction of Jerusalem. 40 years is a long time to hold on to accurate memories. I couldn't tell you a handful of details from 40 years ago. But that's at best.
Considerng the average person's lifespan back then, I think it's fair to say that nobody who saw Jesus within his lifetime ever told one of the authors of the NT about it. It's hearsay hearsay.

Yes, I did mean to mention that. We can speculate the alleged apostles would've been around the same age as Yeshua who was in his early 30s, making illiterate, hard working folks unlikely to be around in their 70s. The gospel of John at best is dated around 95 though most scholars now put it around 150. Even so, a 95 year old fisherman writing in high Greek with a polished theology not found in the Synoptics would surely not have the capacity to write accurately. And then later that same 95+ year old man writes a few letters, also very different theology than that of Paul, who invented Christianity. And let's not forget revelation. There might be a case to be made that only a very old man with Alzheimer's could have written that mess.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel