Ask TrueReason...Religious questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 11:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Ask TrueReason...Religious questions
(22-08-2012 04:34 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 04:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What gave you the idea that you are in any way qualified to set yourself up here, supposedly as some sort of expert, in light of the pathetic answers you just gave to the above ?
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e+mythic+o

As I pointed out yesterday, there is as much, if not better evidence for the Salem wites being witches, as the resurrection. You did not answer. Do you plan to ? Are you able to ? You you plan on starting new threads, and running away from questions ? You have not even begun to answer the objections and questions presented to you yesterday. Are you planning on do so ? Or should we just dismiss you as a flake, coming here to feel self important, because you think you have some sort of expertise which apparently you do not ?

How many coureses in Biology have you had ?
How many courses in Evolutionary Biology have you had ?
How much Math have you had ?
How much Physics have you had ?
How many courses in Genetics have you had ?
I'm sorry, but my world of discussion didn't revolve around you in my introduction. If you didn't notice, there was 25 pages and counting of responses. Thus I must have missed your comment. I have a life outside of this forum and so I cannot commit all my time to answering every one of the questions raised in that thread.

I'm studying to become a pastor, not a scientist. I've taken up to pre-calc mathematics, and I took biology, chemistry, and physics in high school.
How many Biblical hermeneutics classes have you taken?
How many Old Testament classes have you taken?
How many New Testament classes have you taken?
How many theology classes have you take?
None of my responses to kings questions had anything to do with those fields you listed, and I have never claimed to be an expert in those areas. If you have a theological or religious question, ask it. If not, go to the other thread I started.

I am in, besides the undergrad program in Physics at CalTech, the Divinity School at Harvard. I will be one of the first openly atheist graduates of the Divinity School, with a PhD in Scripture. Is that good enough for you ? The fact is, sonny, you display such a complete, astounding and embarrasing ignorance of your own field, that I asked your qualifications, just to be sure that I was wasting my time, even talking to you. You are like talking to a Third Grader. You know NOTHING of the origins of Scripture, and Ancient History. I feel sorry for you, and your future congregations. You are an embarrasment to yourself, and your cause. Go get an education, before you set yourself up as an expert. I actually know far more about your religion than you do. That is why we suggested you go look at the other threads, which have discussed this crap before. You did not bother. Good luck. You are making a fool of yourself.

And BTW, as I said to the last guys who asked me how much Hemeneutics I ever took, the answer is NONE. Hopefully, I will never take any of that crap. I did hear of Herman Munster though. Does that count ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-08-2012, 05:44 PM
(22-08-2012 04:49 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 04:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No need for reconciliation?

I'm assuming you haven't researched the topic. If you had, you wouldn't have said this.

What I assumed from what you wrote was that you meant the similarities between stories. Maybe you meant something else. Give me more specifics about the topic. It's possible I haven't been introduced to it yet.

The Akkadians predate the Hebrews by 1500 years. The Akkadian stories are adapted from Sumerian stories. In turn, these stories are eerily similar to Genesis stories. In fact, almost every Near Eastern Culture has adapted these stories in their history.

So, how do you reconcile the Hebrews' stories not actually being Hebrew by, at minimum, 1500 years? Moreover, how do you explain other, more ancient cultures having the same stories with slight adaptions?

How do you reconcile that all historical evidence points to the stories in Genesis not being of Hebrew origin?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-08-2012, 05:48 PM
(22-08-2012 05:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 04:49 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  What I assumed from what you wrote was that you meant the similarities between stories. Maybe you meant something else. Give me more specifics about the topic. It's possible I haven't been introduced to it yet.

The Akkadians predate the Hebrews by 1500 years. The Akkadian stories are adapted from Sumerian stories. In turn, these stories are eerily similar to Genesis stories. In fact, almost every Near Eastern Culture has adapted these stories in their history.

So, how do you reconcile the Hebrews' stories not actually being Hebrew by, at minimum, 1500 years? Moreover, how do you explain other, more ancient cultures having the same stories with slight adaptions?

How do you reconcile that all historical evidence points to the stories in Genesis not being of Hebrew origin?

KC??? Good question mate... fancy some of my baby?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-08-2012, 05:53 PM
(22-08-2012 05:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 05:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The Akkadians predate the Hebrews by 1500 years. The Akkadian stories are adapted from Sumerian stories. In turn, these stories are eerily similar to Genesis stories. In fact, almost every Near Eastern Culture has adapted these stories in their history.

KC??? Good question mate... fancy some of my baby?

lol

Nah, got my own.

I'm actually feeding her right now.

But no, I've made my peace with this in my theology. I just want to see how he reconciles it.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-08-2012, 05:58 PM
(22-08-2012 05:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol

Nah, got my own.

I'm actually feeding on her right now.

But no, I've made my peace with this in my theology. I just want to see how he reconciles it.
fixed

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-08-2012, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 06:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2012 05:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I am in, besides the undergrad program in Physics at CalTech, the Divinity School at Harvard. I will be one of the first openly atheist graduates of the Divinity School, with a PhD in Scripture.

Someone should've probably warned TakingReasonOutForATestDrive that you fuck with Fullerene at your own peril. Same goes for Fulton. ... I blame KC. He needs to shepherd the lambs better if he wants to see them grow up to be sheep.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-08-2012, 06:21 PM
(22-08-2012 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 05:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I am in, besides the undergrad program in Physics at CalTech, the Divinity School at Harvard. I will be one of the first openly atheist graduates of the Divinity School, with a PhD in Scripture.

Someone should've probably warned TakingReasonOutForATestDrive that you fuck with Fullerene at your own peril. Same goes for Fulton. ... I blame KC. He needs to shepherd the lambs better if he wants to see them grow up to be sheep.

Pfffft, I got thrown to the wolves... what better way to learn? Right?

22-08-2012, 06:30 PM
(22-08-2012 06:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Someone should've probably warned TakingReasonOutForATestDrive that you fuck with Fullerene at your own peril. Same goes for Fulton. ... I blame KC. He needs to shepherd the lambs better if he wants to see them grow up to be sheep.

Pfffft, I got thrown to the wolves... what better way to learn? Right?

Pfffft, it's a well-known fact that nihilists have impenetrable hides. I went out of my way to warn this community of that before they started breaking their teeth on you.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-08-2012, 06:33 PM
(22-08-2012 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 06:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Pfffft, I got thrown to the wolves... what better way to learn? Right?

Pfffft, it's a well-known fact that nihilists have impenetrable hides. I went out of my way to warn this community of that before they started breaking their teeth on you.

You did, actually... Consider

22-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Ask TrueReason...Religious questions
What you make of the fact that there is not one documented case of God ever healing an amputee or a child with Down's syndrome?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel