Ask TrueReason...Religious questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 09:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ask TrueReason...Religious questions
(22-08-2012 07:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes they do. It's call Biblical Studies. However if you have ever been there, (which I highly doubt), you can talk to them about allowing you into more than one program/department at once, especially if they like you and you grandfather was a major donor. When I ran away from Choate, (high school), and went home, as I missed my horse, my brothers, and my grandmum, my parents told me if I could get into college when I was 16, (which I did), they would not insist I return.

Dude, now you're just starting to sound an elitist rubbing it in. ... Should've just left it alone, I ain't interested in hearing about your privileged history.

(22-08-2012 07:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My PhD dissertation is on one of the Sumerian Creation myths, which Genesis was "approriated", (stolen), from.

But once you've completed that useless bullshit and it's outta the way, you plan to turn your attention to something useful. Kudos. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 08:27 PM
(22-08-2012 07:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 07:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  God hates them. Drinking Beverage

Since when are amputees and kids with Down's figs?

Ha! I see what you did there. Clever. It took me a minute, though.

Jesus hates figs.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
22-08-2012, 08:30 PM
(22-08-2012 07:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 07:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  God hates them. Drinking Beverage

Since when are amputees and kids with Down's figs?

God is showing alot of love here... what a blessing!

[Image: starving-children-africa.jpg]

TrueReason ? Any comments on this stuff?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
22-08-2012, 08:39 PM
If there is "proof" (like there is "proof" for the Christian God) for other religions, personal experiences to 'validate' the other religions (like Islam, and others) how confident can you say they are not true? And yours is?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
22-08-2012, 09:23 PM
(22-08-2012 08:39 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  If there is "proof"

Some of us here treat that term formally.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-08-2012, 09:30 PM
(22-08-2012 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 08:39 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  If there is "proof"

Some of us here treat that term formally.

Good to know.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
22-08-2012, 09:31 PM
(22-08-2012 08:39 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  If there is "proof" (like there is "proof" for the Christian God) for other religions, personal experiences to 'validate' the other religions (like Islam, and others) how confident can you say they are not true? And yours is?

I asked the same thing and I am still waiting for his answer. Ugh...

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-08-2012, 09:34 PM
(22-08-2012 09:31 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 08:39 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  If there is "proof" (like there is "proof" for the Christian God) for other religions, personal experiences to 'validate' the other religions (like Islam, and others) how confident can you say they are not true? And yours is?

Oops! Sorry! I only glazed through the past posts, I assumed it had not been asked. :c Hopefully we'll get a answer. Until then, enjoy this

[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
22-08-2012, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 09:59 PM by Logica Humano.)
(22-08-2012 09:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 09:31 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I asked the same thing and I am still waiting for his answer. Ugh...
Oops! Sorry! I only glazed through the past posts, I assumed it had not been asked. :c Hopefully we'll get a answer. Until then, enjoy this

No, no. Don't get me wrong, I am not upset that you asked the question again (or with you at all for that matter). I am annoyed with TrueReason's inability to multiquote or read posts that pose a legitimate threat to his beliefs.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-08-2012, 09:38 PM
(22-08-2012 09:31 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

I don't want to sound pompous, stuck up or anything but I've tried asking what evidence the religious has to prove their gods above others. I've never gotten a straight answer....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.