Ask a Blind Girl!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 06:30 AM
RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
Via the logic of "I can't see you so you can't see me" as taught to children all over the world, are you invisible? Consider

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-01-2014, 07:49 AM
(27-01-2014 06:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Via the logic of "I can't see you so you can't see me" as taught to children all over the world, are you invisible? Consider

You mean like if a deaf person falls over in a forest when no one is around, do they make a sound?

The general consensus is yes, something along the lines of "Argh! Bugger!"
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
27-01-2014, 09:18 AM
(27-01-2014 01:59 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 01:17 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  That I dont believe.

Even I own a dildo, vibrating nipple clamps, leather straps, chains, cuffs, corsages and various other things...

I've got one Divinity wand and a pair of handcuffs. But my sex life is pretty much me myself and I

Have you ever hand cuffed yourself to something to be kinky and then lost the keys?

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
27-01-2014, 10:41 AM
(29-11-2013 11:35 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:28 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Can you see or sense bright lights or lazer pointers ?
Either reflected or pointed straight at your face ?

Yes I'm actually so light sensitive it's painful I have to wear dark glasses when I leave my house. I can tell when lights are on and off, and feel light and sometimes heat from them but I can't see them.

So it's like you can still see, in a sense in that your brain responds to visual stimulus, but your brain just doesn't make a visual display if that sensory input?

I've read about blind people, who when "shown" images of cute happy babies, or other pleasant things, versus scary, horrific images, reported feeling either cheerful, or irritated, respectively. This was because the image was still being received by the retinas which still functioned, and send to the part of the brain that processes emotion. But it did not send the information to the part of the brain that processed images. And so they "saw" the image in the sense that the brain perceived and responded to it, but didn't see it in the sense having any idea at all of what they were actually looking at, or even that they were even looking at anything at all.

Is this anything at all like what you mean when you say you are very light sensitive and can till the lights are on or off, and they can hurt your eyes, yet you can't see them?

27-01-2014, 10:46 AM
(27-01-2014 10:41 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  So it's like you can still see, in a sense in that your brain responds to visual stimulus, but your brain just doesn't make a visual display if that sensory input?

I've read about blind people, who when "shown" images of cute happy babies, or other pleasant things, versus scary, horrific images, reported feeling either cheerful, or irritated, respectively. This was because the image was still being received by the retinas which still functioned, and send to the part of the brain that processes emotion. But it did not send the information to the part of the brain that processed images. And so they "saw" the image in the sense that the brain perceived and responded to it, but didn't see it in the sense having any idea at all of what they were actually looking at, or even that they were even looking at anything at all.

Is this anything at all like what you mean when you say you are very light sensitive and can till the lights are on or off, and they can hurt your eyes, yet you can't see them?

By the way, there is a thought that this is what the cause of deja vu is. That it's a miss timed firing of these two things. The brian receives the information to the emotional processing part of the brain, slightly before receiving the information at the image part of the brain. The effect being that one feels like they have experienced the exact same image before they have seen it, because in a very real sense they have.

27-01-2014, 11:14 AM
(27-01-2014 06:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Via the logic of "I can't see you so you can't see me" as taught to children all over the world, are you invisible? Consider
No earmuffs I'm not invisible
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 11:16 AM
(27-01-2014 09:18 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 01:59 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I've got one Divinity wand and a pair of handcuffs. But my sex life is pretty much me myself and I

Have you ever hand cuffed yourself to something to be kinky and then lost the keys?
Nope I try to keep the keys under my tongue
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
27-01-2014, 11:19 AM
(27-01-2014 11:16 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 09:18 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Have you ever hand cuffed yourself to something to be kinky and then lost the keys?
Nope I try to keep the keys under my tongue

Problem solver, I like that.
Just try not to choke... that would be a very awkward death Blink

Atir aissom atir imon
27-01-2014, 11:23 AM
(27-01-2014 10:46 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 10:41 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  So it's like you can still see, in a sense in that your brain responds to visual stimulus, but your brain just doesn't make a visual display if that sensory input?

By the way, there is a thought that this is what the cause of deja vu is. That it's a miss timed firing of these two things. The brian receives the information to the emotional processing part of the brain, slightly before receiving the information at the image part of the brain. The effect being that one feels like they have experienced the exact same image before they have seen it, because in a very real sense they have.

It's more along the lines of trying to cover a flashlight with your hand and still attempting to shine it into someone's face. They can't see all the light but it still hurts and startles them. Sorry that's the best description I could come up with.
27-01-2014, 11:29 AM
(30-11-2013 05:58 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Braille keyboards are unnecessary once u learn where all the keys are, I just wish there was something that described pictures in detail

Would you describe something you once saw in a way you would want a picture described now? That would be extremely helpful to me and maybe to others when attempting to give you a proper and helpful description.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce