Ask a Blind Girl!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
(27-01-2014 11:23 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 10:46 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  By the way, there is a thought that this is what the cause of deja vu is. That it's a miss timed firing of these two things. The brian receives the information to the emotional processing part of the brain, slightly before receiving the information at the image part of the brain. The effect being that one feels like they have experienced the exact same image before they have seen it, because in a very real sense they have.

It's more along the lines of trying to cover a flashlight with your hand and still attempting to shine it into someone's face. They can't see all the light but it still hurts and startles them. Sorry that's the best description I could come up with.

So does that mean you do kind of actually see it? Not an image, but can actually see something resembling light? Like if a sighted person had their eyes closed and a flashlight was shined in their face? (I don't know of that's a better comparison or not, but I understand that better than through a hand if it's accurate)

Or is your brain just aware that there is light, but there is no visual of it, and you feel corresponding pain in your eyes?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2014, 11:38 AM
(27-01-2014 11:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 05:58 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Braille keyboards are unnecessary once u learn where all the keys are, I just wish there was something that described pictures in detail

Would you describe something you once saw in a way you would want a picture described now? That would be extremely helpful to me and maybe to others when attempting to give you a proper and helpful description.

I'll do something simple

Dark periwinkle blue strapless sundress made of cotton, high waisted with a wide red satin sash that ties in a bow at the back
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 11:40 AM
(27-01-2014 11:37 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 11:23 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  It's more along the lines of trying to cover a flashlight with your hand and still attempting to shine it into someone's face. They can't see all the light but it still hurts and startles them. Sorry that's the best description I could come up with.

So does that mean you do kind of actually see it? Not an image, but can actually see something resembling light? Like if a sighted person had their eyes closed and a flashlight was shined in their face? (I don't know of that's a better comparison or not, but I understand that better than through a hand if it's accurate)

Or is your brain just aware that there is light, but there is no visual of it, and you feel corresponding pain in your eyes?

Yes there's something similar but not quite light
27-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Those pics I took really stung
27-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Hello BrokenQuill92, maybe you could help me with this. I use a text to speech software, but I've got a problem with SAPI5, it just doesn't work. What I need is a high quality SAPI4 voice. I am lucky to have one, but it's not English. I have a plenty of English voices, but they sound like robots 20 years ago.

There is a way to use commercial voices through a freeware software like Balabolka.
I have some good voices, but they're SAPI5 and/or only work within their own dedicated software, which somehow shuts itself down when I'm connected to the internet and it doesn't let me divide the mp3 tracks properly anyway. So what I need is a good SAPI4 voice to install on the background, something that Balabolka can use.
27-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Try going to freedomscientific.com and looking through the the voice software there. Does your SAPI run in conjunction with JAWS?
27-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Or r you using ZOOMtext?
27-01-2014, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2014 12:48 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
Did you aquire some sort of blind synesthesia after your sight loss?

27-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Not that I know of but it's been suggested a few times
27-01-2014, 03:09 PM
(27-01-2014 11:14 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 06:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Via the logic of "I can't see you so you can't see me" as taught to children all over the world, are you invisible? Consider
No earmuffs I'm not invisible

But how do you know?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.