Ask a Blind Girl!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
(29-11-2013 11:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hilarious.

... but unoriginal. Sigh!

Yes it is unoriginal....but I don't know the answer and she said nothing was off limits. I'm guessing they give it X number of wipes and call it good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 11:58 PM
(29-11-2013 11:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... but unoriginal. Sigh!

Yes it is unoriginal....but I don't know the answer and she said nothing was off limits. I'm guessing they give it X number of wipes and call it good.

6 wipes usually does the job and if I'm ill or unsure follow up with a baby wipe or two
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
30-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Do you feel a 'presence' when someone enters the room? I've experienced this myself and people always write it off as shadows or something sight-related.

Also, do you like roller coasters? I don't think I would if I didn't have some idea of what was coming.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
30-11-2013, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 12:11 AM by Vosur.)
This is a probably a nonsensical question, but since you haven't been blind from birth and know what it's like to see, what would you say are you 'seeing' now?

Edit: There's another one that really interests me. Since we do not actually use our eyes to see things 'in our head', are you still able to 'see' your dreams?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-11-2013, 12:13 AM
(30-11-2013 12:00 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  Do you feel a 'presence' when someone enters the room? I've experienced this myself and people always write it off as shadows or something sight-related.

Also, do you like roller coasters? I don't think I would if I didn't have some idea of what was coming.

Sometimes I can sense presence, but mor often than not I'll just hear you. No matter how quiet someone is the do fidget and I can hear the rustle of clothes or jewelry.

As for roller coasters I ride them, it's a hydrocephalus thing. Fluid flux in my head to quickly and I pass out.
30-11-2013, 12:18 AM
How do you navigate the internet?
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
30-11-2013, 12:19 AM
(30-11-2013 12:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  This is a probably a nonsensical question, but since you haven't been blind from birth and know what it's like to see, what would you say are you 'seeing' now?

Edit: There's another one that really interests me. Since we do not actually use our eyes to see things 'in our head', are you still able to 'see' your dreams?

Yes I'm quite able to see in my dreams. Listen to Laurie Rubin: Do You Dream in Color

As far "seeing" my mother is half asleep on the couch watching ID Discovery. Someone has probably just run a light a few blocks from here. And the porch cat is yowling to be let in.
30-11-2013, 12:23 AM
(30-11-2013 12:18 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  How do you navigate the internet?

On mobile I use a perinstalled program called Voice Over. On PC I use a keyboard active navigation program called JAWS.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAWS_(screen_reader)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoiceOver
30-11-2013, 12:27 AM
(30-11-2013 12:19 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 12:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  This is a probably a nonsensical question, but since you haven't been blind from birth and know what it's like to see, what would you say are you 'seeing' now?

Yes I'm quite able to see in my dreams. Listen to Laurie Rubin: Do You Dream in Color

As far "seeing" my mother is half asleep on the couch watching ID Discovery. Someone has probably just run a light a few blocks from here. And the porch cat is yowling to be let in.

I could be wrong, but I think he is asking what you literally see. Even if not, I would still like to know.
What do you see? Is it just blackness or like that sparkly glitter that I see when it's too dark to see? What can you see? Do you actually see light or do you just know it's there because it hurts your eyes?
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
30-11-2013, 12:27 AM
How do you think your imagination compares with someone who has been blind since birth? I've always been curios if people who have never been able to see would have any sort of visual experiences like being able to imagine colors and such. I don't know if you can answer this or not but it's an interesting question.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha