Ask a Blind Girl!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
(30-11-2013 12:27 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 12:19 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Yes I'm quite able to see in my dreams. Listen to Laurie Rubin: Do You Dream in Color

As far "seeing" my mother is half asleep on the couch watching ID Discovery. Someone has probably just run a light a few blocks from here. And the porch cat is yowling to be let in.

I could be wrong, but I think he is asking what you literally see. Even if not, I would still like to know.
What do you see? Is it just blackness or like that sparkly glitter that I see when it's too dark to see? What can you see? Do you actually see light or do you just know it's there because it hurts your eyes?
I actually see light but that's it. If someone were to stand in front of a light Id see a dark mass but nothing else. However most light isn't strong enough to backlight a person, besides it would hurt my eye to look if it was strong enough.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 12:33 AM
(30-11-2013 12:27 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  How do you think your imagination compares with someone who has been blind since birth? I've always been curios if people who have never been able to see would have any sort of visual experiences like being able to imagine colors and such. I don't know if you can answer this or not but it's an interesting question.

Have you ever seen Mask? The one with Cher not The Mask with Jim Carey.
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2013, 12:35 AM
(30-11-2013 12:27 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  How do you think your imagination compares with someone who has been blind since birth? I've always been curios if people who have never been able to see would have any sort of visual experiences like being able to imagine colors and such. I don't know if you can answer this or not but it's an interesting question.

I'm not sure about imagination but I do know that people who are born blind r far more tactile in examining things. They also don't care much about detail.
30-11-2013, 12:36 AM
(30-11-2013 12:33 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

No
30-11-2013, 01:11 AM
(30-11-2013 12:33 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

I have... weird movie, that one.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
30-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Did you get a chance to lay under the stars and just stare into space?

Is there any possibility you will see again? I'm sure technology either exists or will soon.

What things do you perceive differently now, or have a greater appreciation for?
30-11-2013, 02:30 AM
(30-11-2013 01:58 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Did you get a chance to lay under the stars and just stare into space?

Is there any possibility you will see again? I'm sure technology either exists or will soon.

What things do you perceive differently now, or have a greater appreciation for?

To your first question yes, every chance I got.

To your second question, my nerves are mostly dead and the current surgeries suggest I don't have enough receptivity left in my nerves. Nerve damage to eyes is almost always irreparable, the chances of me getting my sight are around 25% not a chance I'm willing to take.

It's more like a like a narrow focus now if I try to recognize everything going on around me every second I get very confused.
30-11-2013, 02:33 AM
I find it offensive that you people call me sighted. I am otherwise sensory capable. Angry

30-11-2013, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 02:58 AM by BrokenQuill92.)
(30-11-2013 02:33 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I find it offensive that you people call me sighted. I am otherwise sensory capable. Angry

Well what do you want to be referred to as? Mind you I'm giggling histerically at you, no offense
30-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Line 1: --> The Joke
Line 2: BQ's Head.