Ask a Blind Girl!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
(29-11-2013 11:58 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yes it is unoriginal....but I don't know the answer and she said nothing was off limits. I'm guessing they give it X number of wipes and call it good.

6 wipes usually does the job and if I'm ill or unsure follow up with a baby wipe or two

Blind people probably have cleaner bums then sighted people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Do you ever feel angry or depressed about your blindness?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-11-2013, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 12:24 PM by BrokenQuill92.)
(30-11-2013 09:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Do you ever feel angry or depressed about your blindness?

Yes sometimes it's very stressful and I'm not always able to do everything I'd like, it's a slight damper on my independence sometimes. I'm still terribly paranoid about getting mugged, or murdered, or raped, after all how would report the crime. I'm even more paranoid about people stealing from me or bill switching me (bill switching is when some asshole hands me back all singles instead of the proper bills.) and people have lifted things from me quite often I just had someone steal a purse I left on a chair two weeks ago thankfully all I had was $30.00 but I wasn't able to go the movies, the jerk.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
30-11-2013, 03:03 PM
(30-11-2013 03:17 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:58 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  6 wipes usually does the job and if I'm ill or unsure follow up with a baby wipe or two

Blind people probably have cleaner bums then sighted people.

I just figured the dog tells 'em when they're done. I mean they got a supersniffer and whatnot, might as well put it to use.

[Image: tumblr_m6eyy0Q2nU1rziwwco1_400.gif]
30-11-2013, 05:45 PM
(30-11-2013 03:03 PM)GirlyBoy Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 03:17 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Blind people probably have cleaner bums then sighted people.

I just figured the dog tells 'em when they're done. I mean they got a supersniffer and whatnot, might as well put it to use.

I don't have a dog
30-11-2013, 05:52 PM
(30-11-2013 10:12 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 09:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Do you ever feel angry or depressed about your blindness?

Yes sometimes it's very stressful and I'm not always able to do everything I'd like, it's a slight damper on my independence sometimes. I'm still terribly paranoid about getting mugged, or murdered, or raped, after all how would report the crime. I'm even more paranoid about people stealing from me or bill switching me (bill switching is when some asshole hands me back all singles instead of the proper bills.) and people have lifted things from me quite often I just had someone steal a purse I left on a chair two weeks ago thankfully all I had was $30.00 but I wasn't able to go the movies, the jerk.

You really need a dog. You have no idea how it will complete you and how much better it will make you feel.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Do you use voice recognition software or do you have a braille keyboard? I'm curious how you navigate a computer.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
30-11-2013, 05:55 PM
(30-11-2013 05:53 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Do you use voice recognition software or do you have a braille keyboard? I'm curious how you navigate a computer.

On mobile I use a perinstalled program called Voice Over. On PC I use a keyboard active navigation program called JAWS.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAWS_(screen_reader)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoiceOver
30-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Braille keyboards are unnecessary once u learn where all the keys are, I just wish there was something that described pictures in detail
30-11-2013, 05:59 PM
If you got your sight back tomorrow, what would you do first?