RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
Can you still daydream? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 08:40 PM
(30-11-2013 08:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Can you still daydream? Consider

Duh my mind is nearly completely unchanged, I sometimes have more lucid tactile thoughts but that's all. Inside my head I'm still just Alaina.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2013, 09:09 PM
(30-11-2013 07:57 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 06:55 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What one (or more if you can't choose) thing/advice would you tell people who still have their sight to do or enjoy with their sight?

Don't depend on your site so much you never know when I'll be gone and you have to waste time adjusting. One thing that figured out from being blind is sighted people never smell never taste and most certainly don't listen. And the only time they touch is without asking. No offense to anyone.

Wow, your answer totally surprised me, thank you. I thought you'd say something like, 'look at your loved ones/yourself/some random item everyday and treasure it' or some such other sap comment (which I love, everyone knows I'm a good sucker for sap Tongue ) but you recommend delving into our other senses because we're the ones missing out. Thanks for this perspective!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-11-2013, 09:31 PM
(30-11-2013 09:09 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 07:57 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Don't depend on your site so much you never know when I'll be gone and you have to waste time adjusting. One thing that figured out from being blind is sighted people never smell never taste and most certainly don't listen. And the only time they touch is without asking. No offense to anyone.

Wow, your answer totally surprised me, thank you. I thought you'd say something like, 'look at your loved ones/yourself/some random item everyday and treasure it' or some such other sap comment (which I love, everyone knows I'm a good sucker for sap Tongue ) but you recommend delving into our other senses because we're the ones missing out. Thanks for this perspective!
You are most welcome
30-11-2013, 09:43 PM
What, if any, are some positive aspects to being blind vs. sighted?

(Is sighted the right word there? Consider )

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Do you live with anyone to help make things easier on yourself?
05-12-2013, 04:29 PM
What do you see as the future for mankind. Pun intended. Smilie.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
05-12-2013, 05:04 PM
(05-12-2013 04:25 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Do you live with anyone to help make things easier on yourself?

I live with my mom but just until next year in February I'll be on my own
05-12-2013, 05:10 PM
(05-12-2013 04:29 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  What do you see as the future for mankind. Pun intended. Smilie.

Leaving the disabled community behind if we're not careful, we're still fighting for things like parental rights and I'm starting to realize in our modern age with with so many advancements we've gotten complacent and satisfied only to have the rug pulled out from under us on certain issues.
05-12-2013, 05:12 PM
You mentioned a device that allows you to recognize colors with sound. I have something similar on my phone called an eyeborg. What do you have? I bet it's a lot cooler.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell