Ask a Blind Girl!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Ask a Blind Girl!
(05-12-2013 05:12 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You mentioned a device that allows you to recognize colors with sound. I have something similar on my phone called an eyeborg. What do you have? I bet it's a lot cooler.

It's an app on iPhone called Colored Eye that sucks ass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 08:46 AM
(30-11-2013 10:12 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 09:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Do you ever feel angry or depressed about your blindness?

Yes sometimes it's very stressful and I'm not always able to do everything I'd like, it's a slight damper on my independence sometimes. I'm still terribly paranoid about getting mugged, or murdered, or raped, after all how would report the crime. I'm even more paranoid about people stealing from me or bill switching me (bill switching is when some asshole hands me back all singles instead of the proper bills.) and people have lifted things from me quite often I just had someone steal a purse I left on a chair two weeks ago thankfully all I had was $30.00 but I wasn't able to go the movies, the jerk.

In China the bills are different sizes, it helps with the switching issue. One of my co-workers was shocked to find out all the bills in the US are the same size.
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2013, 04:34 PM
(09-12-2013 08:46 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 10:12 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Yes sometimes it's very stressful and I'm not always able to do everything I'd like, it's a slight damper on my independence sometimes. I'm still terribly paranoid about getting mugged, or murdered, or raped, after all how would report the crime. I'm even more paranoid about people stealing from me or bill switching me (bill switching is when some asshole hands me back all singles instead of the proper bills.) and people have lifted things from me quite often I just had someone steal a purse I left on a chair two weeks ago thankfully all I had was $30.00 but I wasn't able to go the movies, the jerk.

In China the bills are different sizes, it helps with the switching issue. One of my co-workers was shocked to find out all the bills in the US are the same size.

The only foreign money ever handled is Canadian. And then they still accepted American bills, so I mostly just got coins return
10-01-2014, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 02:52 AM by sporehux.)
Can you identify someone by face feel (if you don't hear them walk/talk or they don't otherwise give away their identity)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-01-2014, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 03:08 AM by BrokenQuill92.)
(10-01-2014 02:48 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Can you identify someone by face feel (if you don't hear them walk/talk or they don't otherwise give away their identity)
I don't do that that's weird! I'm not sure where that myth about blind people doing that popped up. Other then to paint a picture of someone I'd rather not touch them.

Touching someone in that manner as far as I'm concerned is a VERY personal thing to do. If I touch your face it's because I'm probably going to kiss you or something else along that line.
10-01-2014, 03:07 AM
Haha. My blind cousin always wants to feel peoples faces, I never asked him what at the point of it was.

10-01-2014, 03:09 AM
Hows the audible going, I still have no need of it for now.

10-01-2014, 03:10 AM
I'm finished if you'd like it back now, thank you
25-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Ok, so how does a blind person start topics on Redhead appreciation or curls or anime?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
25-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Easily! I have to type very descriptive terms into google. Or for my redhead thread I used characters I knew already had red hair. Same with curly hair. And anime, has to be an enemy I saw "before"