Ask a Conservative Catholic/Dominican

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2012, 02:28 AM
Ask a Conservative Catholic/Dominican
As I am free suday and monday I have decided to start this.

I consider myself to be a conservative or Dominican (yes, the inquisition guys) catholic. I hold most of the traditionalist views. Although I am leaning towards some liberal views on monotheism ( at least in the strictest sense) and I don't believe in a god's plan theology. other than that I will defend to the death my church. so ask away. the only thing that offends me is blatant ignorance.

I will at least try to answer every question asked of me without referring to the bible unless it is truly called for. ( example would be if it is a question about history or bible accuracy). I Consider myself to be above average in the realms of History and Scince especially biology.

I will answer all questions regarding my thoughts on church teaching, my past, belief and really anything

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 02:43 AM
RE: Ask a Conservative Catholic/Dominican
OK

Perhaps you could start by delineating what a Dominican Catholic believes? Literal truth of the Bible? Free will? Was the inquistion a good thing? Does the loaf of bread and wine become actual human flesh and if so, how does this not freak you out?

Also, don't you guys have a few extra books in the Bible than the protestants? The ones the protestants refer to as the apocrypha and pretty much tend to ignore as far as I can make out.
12-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Please define satan and give us a guide on how to distinguish the acts of satan from the acts of god. Please explain why god is worthy of praise and satan worthy of condemnation.
12-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Why do you think your god is real if not for the bible?
And why do you think the bible is the word of this god?

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
How do you justify associating yourself with a currently and historically corrupt organization?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Why do Catholics in Third World Countries believe more fervently than people in more industrialized nations? Why do they tend to believe more in the Mother Mary on Toast than American Catholics?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Why does the name catholic sound like you need to go to the kin of group meetings that would traditionally begin with an introduction like this " hi my name is Ben and ... I'm a catholic" ?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
12-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Have you been to Palestine to the sites of the crusades? You seem extremely infatuated by them I'm wondering how much study you've done.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
12-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Some folks wonder why people like me who are completely out as an Atheist (including having one of those large Atheist "A"s on my vehicle) have become hardened anti-theists and so aggressive.
I get asked by others often, why do you care? Why do you get so pissy at even the slightest bit of god/bible/religious belief?
This dingle nut is why. This is what it breeds. It is one thing to damn someone to hell, but to have the idea in place to actually help it along crosses the line for me.

Sir, you are off your religious rocker with me right off the bat by making veiled threats to those who dis-agree by saying "...I will defend to the death my church.".
Really? If my ideas can kill your church, you are going to kill me first? If so, FU ahead of time. Angry
If not, feel free to explain yourself. Big Grin
And this little diddy, "I Consider myself to be above average in the realms of History and Sci(e)nce especially biology." The key word in that particular sentence is "I". Dodgy
As someone who is "above average" in the realm of Science, do you fully utilize The Scientific Method to support your god claims?
Nope. If you did, your conclusions would be different and your delusion would not hold together.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Why is the Catholic Church against contraception? And how do you justify its position? I understand how reasonable people can differ on abortion, but birth control??? In a world of 7 billion people? Where uncontrolled pregnancies in the third world lead to poverty and misery?

An oft-quoted statistic is that 98% of Catholic women have used "artificial" birth control at some point. So the faithful aren't foolish enough to follow this teaching. Why hasn't the Church come around?

And to head off a non-argument, there's the old joke:

Q: What do you call people who practice the rhythm method of birth control?
A: Parents.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.