Ask a Conservative

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 05:28 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: Ask a Conservative
(16-02-2012 12:40 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Why do so many current GOP folk believe the lies from the GOP platform?
They own a whole News Network.

Faux News has a very loud voice. Have you ever watched it? It sort of reminds me of wrestling on cable. You got some bimbos with blond hair and boobs that pop up occasionally, and there is always something interesting going on. Glenn Beck is hoping up and down, and then crying, or there having one of the 'matches", aka fake debates, etc...

I can see why so many gullible people watch it.

(16-02-2012 09:18 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 11:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) How do you define "conservative"?

This.

Thisx2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:4. We live in a world dominated by liberal media, and therefore your personal views may appear to you to be just "normal" or "middle of the road." Please try to understand that your position is likely to be as extreme in the liberal direction as mine is in the conservative direction, hopefully illustrating where the real middle is.

I know my views are not normal or middle of the road, but I am not American. However, I do watch some American liberal media (mostly it is linked through youtube) and I find that I disagree with the above statement in a way. The "leftists" in America would be considered more centre-left here, and the right are extreme right, with some shockingly so.

This is just an outsider's view of the situation, however. If I am wrong, I am sure the general public will correct me.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
18-02-2012, 09:14 AM
[Image: for+the+blog1.jpg]

This...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post
20-02-2012, 08:29 AM

What i find totally laughable is that ANYTHING OTHER than Faux Noise is "Liberal Media".
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 03:17 AM
(20-02-2012 08:29 AM)Denicio Wrote:  What i find totally laughable is that ANYTHING OTHER than Faux Noise is "Liberal Media".

Yah, and I think I know why people think it.

I was browing richarddawkins.net a while back and was intrigued by a study that showed that if you continually repeat things people start to believe it. In fact, the more you say it, the stronger they begin to believe it.

Now, think back to Faux news. They constantly stipulate that all the other news channels are far left.

Edit: They say a pic is worth a thousand words, well the one above is worth at least 2000.
21-02-2012, 08:31 AM

(21-02-2012 03:17 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 08:29 AM)Denicio Wrote:  What i find totally laughable is that ANYTHING OTHER than Faux Noise is "Liberal Media".

Yah, and I think I know why people think it.

I was browing richarddawkins.net a while back and was intrigued by a study that showed that if you continually repeat things people start to believe it. In fact, the more you say it, the stronger they begin to believe it.

Now, think back to Faux news. They constantly stipulate that all the other news channels are far left.

Edit: They say a pic is worth a thousand words, well the one above is worth at least 2000.

They also repeated "Fair and Balanced" so much that it became a truth to its viewers.

I got a HUGE kick out of many of my Tea Party Fox pals neighbors...when they discovered it was Arab owned. They would not even talk about it, just grimmace and grunt!!! HA!
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 06:37 PM
(15-02-2012 08:22 PM)JohnnieWalker Wrote:  Is a race to the bottom (in labor) the direct result of free markets? Where does it end?

I know the question wasn't addressed to me, but I didn't see an answer in his response.

So, here's mine: Absolutely not. Smile

None of the economic problems in this country are the result of the 'free market', simply because we don't have one. We're teetering on economic fascism in the good ol' U.S. of A.

"Fanatic ethnic or religious or national identifications are a little difficult to support when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars." - Carl Sagan