Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
28-03-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) COMMUNIST ! ! !
(28-03-2013 09:25 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  All of it. What is your perspective on these issues?

OK.

Like I said, I don't make them. Not any one I know is making them. I don't benefit from their making them. I am not harmed by their making them.

What else do you want to know?

How do you feel about your country's government being complicit in criminal enterprises?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 09:44 AM
(28-03-2013 09:31 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I think you think that I'm blaming you. I'm not since it would be stupid for me to think your the cause. I'm only pointing out something that I see as a problem. Your free to do the same to me about the U.S.

I'll look for that other post.

For the question itself, my lack of knowledge on this subject really makes me not able to provide insights or detailed information. My love for my country don't let me stay comfortable facing accusations like that.

Besides, when talking about PROFIT and BENEFITS, it's NEVER SIMPLE, and can NEVER be discussed BRIEFLY, especially for me in English.

So an answer is possibly better: I don't know and I am not interested as long as it does no harm?

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
28-03-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 10:01 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(28-03-2013 09:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:25 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  OK.

Like I said, I don't make them. Not any one I know is making them. I don't benefit from their making them. I am not harmed by their making them.

What else do you want to know?

How do you feel about your country's government being complicit in criminal enterprises?

Proud? Never. This must be kidding.

Angry? Should I be?

Sad? A little.

Happy? I find no reason for being so.

Ashamed? No. Not very.

Guilty? Not at all. Not much of my business.

I wish that you got the answer you wanted.

Besides, Chas, you are really living in a paradise, sir.

28-03-2013, 10:07 AM
(28-03-2013 09:44 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:31 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I think you think that I'm blaming you. I'm not since it would be stupid for me to think your the cause. I'm only pointing out something that I see as a problem. Your free to do the same to me about the U.S.

I'll look for that other post.

For the question itself, my lack of knowledge on this subject really makes me not able to provide insights or detailed information. My love for my country don't let me stay comfortable facing accusations like that.

Besides, when talking about PROFIT and BENEFITS, it's NEVER SIMPLE, and can NEVER be discussed BRIEFLY, especially for me in English.

So an answer is possibly better: I don't know and I am not interested as long as it does no harm?

Quote:My love for my country don't let me stay comfortable facing accusations like that.

That's an interesting part of culture. The love for ones place of berth. In my honest opinion though, when a person or country is accussed, so long as there is evidence to back that accusation, then that person should face that accusation.

For example. The United States uses drones carry out strikes on people that it finds to be dangerous. However, there is accusation that the drones kill innocent people Since they are so easy and involve no pilot risk of capture or death they are used more frequently. As such, there is major disagreement, which I do agree with, that though the drones may kill some bad guy the fact that they also have cause a lot of suffering and affected how we are viewed makes the problem worse.

Another would be the Guantanomo Prison. Which holds captives outside of U.S. Law and are therefore not subject to any lawful trial to determine guilt or evidence. Something that lots of people here ( including me) want closed the government is still reluctant to completely close the camp. 166 people are still there.

I realize that I'm comparing apples to oranges and in no way am I saying the things I'm pointing out to you earlier are the same as the things I pointed out here. I mention it to show that in my view, when someone cares for something, they should show as much care for its faults as for its successes.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
28-03-2013, 10:34 AM
(28-03-2013 09:44 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  For the question itself, my lack of knowledge on this subject really makes me not able to provide insights or detailed information. My love for my country don't let me stay comfortable facing accusations like that.

This right here is what I was reffering to in my freedom of speech post. You were exposed to an unpleasant fact about your government and are not able to look at it objectivly. In the West we have to face both sides of our governments because of freedom of the press (even though that has been deminished a lot by complacent jurnalism)

Censorship is not just being told what not to say but being trained what not to think. On a side note please don't feel I am beating up on you I am really enjoying an honest exchange and truely appreciate your participation. This situation however is probably the biggest cultural divide between the West and the rest of the world, neither of us can truely understand what it is like to live in the other system from birth.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-03-2013, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 11:52 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(28-03-2013 08:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I suppose, Junyuan, given the nature of this site, there should be a question about the current climate of religious belief and tolerance / intolerance towards religious beliefs in China.

The majority of Chinese that I know would call themselves Buddhist with roughly a 50/50 split between atheist and theist Buddhism.
It struck me that the more highly educated individuals are in the atheist-Buddhist category.

Any thoughts?

This one is really good.

Let me look up what I've said.

(27-03-2013 12:05 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 11:11 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I'm from the U.S. Nice to meet you. I don't hear often from people in the Asian countries. Welcome.

Also glad to bring news across the Pacific Ocean. China is home to huge numbers of atheists ... pantheists at times.

After realizing that communism will come down to earth in a much much much longer time than the original several years, a few decades at most expectation, the faith of many Party members and tremendous non-member believers suffered a great shock, if not deadly. They turned to those who could comfort their broken hearts, Jehovah, Jesus, Mohammed, Sakyamuni, the Jade Emperor ... Foreign gods, native fairies, you name it.

LI Hongzhi, born in 1952, still a less fortunate security guy of a local grains and oil company in 1992, invented his own religion of Falun Dafa, claim to be a top-ranking deity walking among the mortal, whose rank is even higher than Buddha, and willing to make his believers perfect living and eternal beings.

Many Chinese people believed in him, including CCP memebers and professors. He still has many believers in the U.S. now, who keep proclaiming being oppressed in China. Alas, yet another group of victims of China's OPPRESSION.

By the way, Mr. Li is very rich now. And he lives in the U.S., possibly in serious medical conditions, despite all the GREAT powers he claimed to have.

Where was I? OK, back to Buddhism.

Like what I said, China is home to huge numbers of atheists, many of whom may be pantheists at times. When Chinese atheist like me got really tired inside, we really crave for a magic hand from above to deliver us out of harms way. This is human nature, and the origin of all religions. But when ration kicks in, we always remember that this is a world of matter, and matter determines mind, not the other way around.

Also as a tradition, whenever we pass by a place where one or multiple deities are being worshiped, we usually pay our respects sincerely. I went to a Manjushri Monastery with my family in this Spring Festival and burned incense as salute.

If your met me for the first time in the monastery that day, when I had no idea of this forum, and you asked me the same question you asked your Chinese friends, what would the answer be? I would tell you that I was 50/50 a Buddhist.

As for the question on tolerance / intolerance towards religious beliefs in China, my answer is that every formal religion is tolerated in China. They are free to conduct any lawful religious activities in their approved religious venues.

"Approved religious venue", these three words are important. Atheists are not permitted by law to advocate atheism in these places. But believers are not allowed by law to advocate their beliefs outside their approved religious venues either. There's another set of procedures and laws about the application and approval of religious venues, which I am not familiar with.

I hope this answer can resolve some of your perplexities.

[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
28-03-2013, 11:01 AM
(28-03-2013 10:07 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  That's an interesting part of culture. The love for ones place of berth. In my honest opinion though, when a person or country is accussed, so long as there is evidence to back that accusation, then that person should face that accusation.

I mention it to show that in my view, when someone cares for something, they should show as much care for its faults as for its successes.

I especially appreciate the last sentence. I totally agree with you on that.

Besides, I said I couldn't stay comfortable facing such accusations, but I didn't say that I would not face them. And I faced them and frankly told Chas how I felt.

Yet we still live in a complex world my friend.

In 2003, Senator John McCane accused Iraq of possession and manufacturing Weapons of Mass Destruction. So far he hasn't got enough evidence to prove what he said. Did he acknowledge this serious and critical lapse? No, he totally deny it.

What is Mr. MaCane called in the U.S.? A PATRIOT.

What is Mr. McCane's stubborn denial called by his peers? Good FAITH and PERSEVERANCE.

So much for this subject, OK? I got a little tired of it.

28-03-2013, 11:14 AM
(28-03-2013 10:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This right here is what I was reffering to in my freedom of speech post. You were exposed to an unpleasant fact about your government and are not able to look at it objectivly. In the West we have to face both sides of our governments because of freedom of the press (even though that has been deminished a lot by complacent jurnalism)

Censorship is not just being told what not to say but being trained what not to think. On a side note please don't feel I am beating up on you I am really enjoying an honest exchange and truely appreciate your participation. This situation however is probably the biggest cultural divide between the West and the rest of the world, neither of us can truely understand what it is like to live in the other system from birth.

You are really nice but too sweet.

Martin Luther King's dead body and many other evidences said NO.

Another type of censorship is called NOISE and SILENCE. Do you know how FOX News behaved when Mr. Murdoch was in trial? Who paid much attention to the riots in Egypt when Duchess Kate was reported to be possibly pregnant.

Please refer to my answer to Foxcanine1 for some other thoughts of mine.

And I think we should stop here on this subject for now. I feel there may be a fundamental difference in beliefs that we hold. And this kind of differences could be resolved by language without a project.

28-03-2013, 11:16 AM
John McCain doesn't have very many friends on this forum, I think you'll find...

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
28-03-2013, 11:27 AM
(28-03-2013 10:37 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  ...
I hope this answer can resolve some of your perplexities.

I was not perplexed exactly, just curious.

Thanks for the effort there.

So it's pretty much the same as Singapore... tolerance of religions unless they step out of line. Smile

It a kinda imposed tolerance but it seems to work.

Interesting, yet again, to see the correlation between wish-thinking and fear / uncertainty about the future.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post