Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
29-03-2013, 06:45 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(28-03-2013 10:42 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 01:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Welcome Hu!

Pardon if the question has been asked before... I honestly couldn't read all the posts/replies yet, but look forward to reading them... Yes ...how do you get through the whole internent censorship? I used to do it abit when I was in high school tricking the internet nanny programs so I could get to my favorite sites, but I think yours would be slightly more heavy-duty. And when I say 'slightly', I mean butt-hurt.

Have a good one,

CTS

I guess you will be 'slightly' surprised.

I paid about $7 a month to my ISP. And here I am.

Praise capitalism !

What kind of Communist praises capitalism?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-03-2013, 06:49 AM
(28-03-2013 11:45 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 02:57 PM)I and I Wrote:  When will china invade the u.s. and put a final end to the murderous capitalist system?

Actually,

Many Chinese people wish, whether jokingly or not, that the U.S. INVADE China ASAP so that the HOUSING PRICE would DROP to affordable levels.

Are you willing to help?

The housing prices are high despite there being millions of empty apartments and condos because there is a real estate speculation bubble.

Naive capitalism at its very best.

29-03-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 07:40 AM by earmuffs.)
Housing prices are bad because there are more rich people and so the really nice houses have higher demand which means their price goes up, but then when the price goes up the rich people can't afford them and so must go to the otherwise below their price range housing which then increases the demand in that area forcing the price up so these rich people can then afford it but then it puts the people that use to be able to afford those houses in a position where they must look at cheaper houses which pushes those prices up etc.. etc.. etc.. aka, the solution to all housing problems is not build more affordable housing, it's build more affordable housing for rich people.

That's the cause here anyway.

side note: By more rich people, that includes investment in property market (so ie: while there may only be 1 person, if he is buying up several properties then that's like there are more people because he is creating more demand for housing).
In fact this is a big part of the problem too that rich people are buying cheap housing as to rent it out, forcing the pricing up. Poor people then can't afford to buy a house and so must rent out a house increasing a demand for rental property increasing rent which then in turn increases demand to buy up shitty houses as to rent them out to poor people. etc.. etc..

edit: Come to think about it, building more housing for the rich then wouldn't solve the problem would it. Building more affordable housing for the poor/middle class would solve the problem.
Problem is of course that there isn't much profit in it for the builders to build low priced housing... Takes them like 6months to actually build a bloody house...
I suppose if the government was to step in they could build prefabricated houses and it would drastically cut the time it takes to build a house. The government could then buy up a whole bunch of land, subdivide it (for free, cutting costs), contract out these prefabricated houses and builders etc.. and then sell off a heap of cheap houses for a small profit, whilst flooding the market with affordable homes AND crate a new market increasing jobs. It could be an on-going thing.
New small revenue stream for the government, controlling the housing market as to keep homes affordable for low income families, creates jobs. It's a win-win-win.

God damn I should be running this country.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-03-2013, 07:31 AM
(29-03-2013 07:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  , the solution to all housing problems is not build more affordable housing, it's build more affordable housing for rich people.

Or 'dispose' of the rich people? Thus reducing demand. Simple.

Cool

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-03-2013, 07:42 AM
(29-03-2013 07:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 07:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  , the solution to all housing problems is not build more affordable housing, it's build more affordable housing for rich people.

Cool

*facepalm*

Anyway, there is an inherit flaw in your plan either way.
Getting rid of rich people wouldn't solve anything, they'd grow back in a couple years anyway as new rich people emerged.

29-03-2013, 07:44 AM
(29-03-2013 07:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Housing prices are bad because there are more rich people and so the really nice houses have higher demand which means their price goes up, but then when the price goes up the rich people can't afford them and so must go to the otherwise below their price range housing which then increases the demand in that area forcing the price up so these rich people can then afford it but then it puts the people that use to be able to afford those houses in a position where they must look at cheaper houses which pushes those prices up etc.. etc.. etc.. aka, the solution to all housing problems is not build more affordable housing, it's build more affordable housing for rich people.

side note: By more rich people, that includes investment in property market (so ie: while there may only be 1 person, if he is buying up several properties then that's like there are more people because he is creating more demand for housing).
In fact this is a big part of the problem too that rich people are buying cheap housing as to rent it out, forcing the pricing up. Poor people then can't afford to buy a house and so must rent out a house increasing a demand for rental property increasing rent which then in turn increases demand to buy up shitty houses as to rent them out to poor people. etc.. etc..

edit: Come to think about it, building more housing for the rich then wouldn't solve the problem would it. Building more affordable housing for the poor/middle class would solve the problem.
Problem is of course that there isn't much profit in it for the builders to build low priced housing... Takes them like 6months to actually build a bloody house...
I suppose if the government was to step in they could build prefabricated houses and it would drastically cut the time it takes to build a house. The government could then buy up a whole bunch of land, subdivide it (for free, cutting costs), contract out these prefabricated houses and builders etc.. and then sell off a heap of cheap houses for a small profit, whilst flooding the market with affordable homes AND crate a new market increasing jobs. It could be an on-going thing.
New small revenue stream for the government, controlling the housing market as to keep homes affordable for low income families, creates jobs. It's a win-win-win.

The actual situation is that there has been a huge building boom by speculators and there are millions of units unoccupied. There is a housing speculation bubble going on. There is no market for these units because they are overpriced for the market, but speculation keeps the prices high.

29-03-2013, 07:51 AM
(29-03-2013 07:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 07:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Housing prices are bad because there are more rich people and so the really nice houses have higher demand which means their price goes up, but then when the price goes up the rich people can't afford them and so must go to the otherwise below their price range housing which then increases the demand in that area forcing the price up so these rich people can then afford it but then it puts the people that use to be able to afford those houses in a position where they must look at cheaper houses which pushes those prices up etc.. etc.. etc.. aka, the solution to all housing problems is not build more affordable housing, it's build more affordable housing for rich people.

The actual situation is that there has been a huge building boom by speculators and there are millions of units unoccupied. There is a housing speculation bubble going on. There is no market for these units because they are overpriced for the market, but speculation keeps the prices high.

I see. Here we have the opposite problem, not enough housing.

So.. basically the basics of supply and demand tell us that if there is a huge supply and little demand then prices will fall, thus housing prices there should be falling until they reach an equilibrium and eventually rise again.
BUT because people can't accept that the price they are asking for is not the actual market price (that being what people would pay for it) and so they continue to list at unrealistic prices because they're greedy fucktards?
I see your problem. Much harder to solve I think considering it's people at fault, not markets behaving as you'd expect given the situation.
I guess only time can 'cure' it, either the seller will give up and lower their prices or the buyer will eventually be able to afford the house.

29-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Applaud for your time and effort in the analysis and reasoning.

Yet the situation is different.

As the economy develops, urbanization advances. More people are moving out of rural areas, seeking opportunities in the cities.

They don't have much money. They don't want to go back to the rural areas.

This is called rigid demand, considered as hotbeds for profits, and therefore avidly pursued by bloodshot-eye capital both nation-owned and private as well as international hot money.

Feel liking trying again?

Want something? Then do something.
29-03-2013, 09:32 AM
(29-03-2013 07:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Cool

Wishful thinking since they are in power now and they are enjoying their feast making huge profits.

No

Want something? Then do something.
29-03-2013, 10:13 AM
(29-03-2013 09:27 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As the economy develops, urbanization advances. More people are moving out of rural areas, seeking opportunities in the cities.

They don't have much money. They don't want to go back to the rural areas.

This is why I drew the parallel to the Industrial Revolution (Britain early 19th c).

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post