Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
30-03-2013, 05:27 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
But wtf is a "good government?" Hint: ain't mine.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 06:09 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(30-03-2013 05:25 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  ... but strong national institutions can help to deflect the worst of humanity. For example: Courts that are able to defy government, journalists who are able to inform the people about facts governments would rather not air, and an electoral process so respected that a firmly established government is able to relinquish power peacefully when the will of the people demands it. Having a good government in the first place also helps Wink

We have courts which have judged that the government should make national compensation for those treated wrongly and that high ranking government official shall also be judged indiscriminately.

We have many journalists who loves singing every opposite tune against the government.

Here is one of my favorite:

In 2012, the Chinese Academy of Sciences published 140 articles in Nature and related journals, which exceeded the University of Tokyo for the first time and No.1 was in Asia. Hum. The number appears shiny, but what about the quality? Doubtful.

[Image: pics_av1111_1359076408.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2013, 06:09 AM
Re: RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(29-03-2013 10:07 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:54 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  You are biased because you feel the Taiwanese are Chinese, and I am biased because I lived in Taiwan a while and like Taiwan. But it's worth noting that Taiwan, the RoC, does meet all criteria for a nation. Meaning that it has a national identity and culture distinct from that of the PRC and mainland Chinese culture. You can also make a good case that it is a country since it is self-ruled by its own elected government, has its own military, its own currency, and has a well-defined territory. It even maintains diplomatic relations with other countries and has extensive trade with the PRC, Japan, S. Korea, the EU, and the US, just for a start.

Taiwan was recognized by the US up until the late 70s/early 80s when the US switched to backing the PRC because it was more economically and politically advantageous, that is Henry Kissinger thought he could wring more money out of the PRC than he could out of the RoC.

So Taiwan is a nation, and it is arguably a country, albeit an unrecognized one. Now, if you have an opinion as to whether it should be a nation/country, well, that's a different matter.

I expressed what I thought. You expressed what you thought. And we were both blunt. Good thing.

As for the interesting concept of being Chinese, there are things that may surprise you. It's sometimes more of a civilization concept. You can also be Chinese (Taiwanese if this makes you feel a little easier) if you practice certain values. I can tell your more if your are interested.

That turns out not to be the case. My Taiwanese friends are the first to admit that they are racist--predjudiced. Westerners can never be Chinese, no matter how well one speaks tne language or knows the customs. And a Chinese will always be preferred over a Westerner in business unless they feel they can rip off the Westerner, or unless there is massive profit to be made.

There is even racism inside Chinese; Han look down on native Taiwanese, even though to an outsider there is no difference. Especially on Taiwan where a Taiwanese might speak Mandarin better than the Han does and both speak Hokkien. It's almost like Green and Orange Irish, minus the gunfire.

A Westerner cannot become Chinese; only a 'less stupid' Westerner.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
30-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(30-03-2013 06:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 10:07 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I expressed what I thought. You expressed what you thought. And we were both blunt. Good thing.

As for the interesting concept of being Chinese, there are things that may surprise you. It's sometimes more of a civilization concept. You can also be Chinese (Taiwanese if this makes you feel a little easier) if you practice certain values. I can tell your more if your are interested.

That turns out not to be the case. My Taiwanese friends are the first to admit that they are racist--predjudiced. Westerners can never be Chinese, no matter how well one speaks tne language or knows the customs. And a Chinese will always be preferred over a Westerner in business unless they feel they can rip off the Westerner, or unless there is massive profit to be made.

There is even racism inside Chinese; Han look down on native Taiwanese, even though to an outsider there is no difference. Especially on Taiwan where a Taiwanese might speak Mandarin better than the Han does and both speak Hokkien. It's almost like Green and Orange Irish, minus the gunfire.

Your friends told you this. But, how can your friends know the hearts and minds of every citizen of Taiwan? If I were a foreigner come to America, and the only friends I made were neo-Nazi, wouldn't my ideas of American culture be rather distorted? An extreme example, sure. But you take my meaning? I don't think even a large group of people can speak for an entire nation.
30-03-2013, 09:43 AM
(29-03-2013 11:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 11:49 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Have you ever eaten dog?

Never.

Loathe eating dogs.

How do you know you loathe something you said you have never done?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-03-2013, 09:47 AM
(30-03-2013 09:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 11:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Never.

Loathe eating dogs.

Are you volunteering for buttsecks?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-03-2013, 09:50 AM
(30-03-2013 09:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 09:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  How do you know you loathe something you said you have never done?

Are you offering?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
30-03-2013, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 10:14 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(30-03-2013 06:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That turns out not to be the case. My Taiwanese friends are the first to admit that they are racist--predjudiced. Westerners can never be Chinese, no matter how well one speaks tne language or knows the customs. And a Chinese will always be preferred over a Westerner in business unless they feel they can rip off the Westerner, or unless there is massive profit to be made.

No, you can become Chinese if you are illustrious and grand. A more accurate name than the Chinese is Hua Xia descendants, people following the way of being illustrious and grand. This is according to an very old and authoritative history book Zuo Zhuan.

I am sorry for the racism in the Chinese culture. It is both proud and arrogant for the illustrious and grand people from in the Middle Kingdom to look down upon those around them. And this arrogance taught us Chinese a profound lesson in the modern times.

My surname is Hu, which means barbaric, the very opposite concept against Hua Xia, or Chinese. So my ancient ancestors were very likely also Westerners. Yet now I am a Chinese.

Foreign people can become Hua Xia people, if they follow the Hua Xia's way. Whereas Hua Xia people can become foreign even as they maintain their Chinese Nationality, if they discard their original way culturally.

Ask your Taiwanese friends to see if it is the case.

30-03-2013, 09:59 AM
(30-03-2013 09:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 11:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Never.

Loathe eating dogs.

I don't know.

I never did drugs. And I loathe doing it.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
30-03-2013, 10:12 AM
(30-03-2013 09:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 09:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  How do you know you loathe something you said you have never done?

I felt a little bit of awkwardness. But this is an interesting topic.

No, I am not.

Zhan Guo Ce, a renowned Chinese history book over 2000 years ago, told of an anecdote of Lord Long Yang, a homoerotic warlord in the Warring States Period. And in the Ming Dynasty about 600-400 years ago, it was even fashionable for government officials to practice homosexual love, which was called Zhong Dao, the way for the majority.

Interesting, isn't it?

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post