Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Junyuan, I am curious: what is your age?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(03-04-2013 07:53 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Junyuan, I am curious: what is your age?

I am 30 now, 31 at the end of this year.

Younger or older than what you think I am?

Want something? Then do something.
03-04-2013, 08:40 AM
(03-04-2013 07:59 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:53 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Junyuan, I am curious: what is your age?

I am 30 now, 31 at the end of this year.

Older.
03-04-2013, 09:43 AM
(03-04-2013 08:40 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:59 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I am 30 now, 31 at the end of this year.

Older.

That's also a reason for what I think I should do: get a little more mature.

Time will work its magic.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
03-04-2013, 11:33 AM
(03-04-2013 09:43 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:40 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Older.

That's also a reason for what I think I should do: get a little more mature.

Time will work its magic.

Well yes, it can feel magical sometimes. At other times it can be a process not unlike necromancy.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
05-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't be bothered to read all 27 pages of this thread.

What's your stance on the Internet censorship in China?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-04-2013, 03:07 PM
(26-03-2013 11:57 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Come one, come all. A panda in the free world... A CHINESE COMMUNIST here glad to talk.

Before we start, here are some announcements and rules.

[1] Authenticity guaranteed. I am a formal member of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) which means that I am a genuine communist.

[2] Purpose clarification.I live in mainland China and am a newcomer here. Therefore I'd like to meet folks around and let guys know something about me, my hometown and my homeland.

[3] Information ONLY, NO sarcasm, NO quarrels. I am here to provide information from a junior communist and a Chinese citizen perspective if you are INTERESTED and ask a question. I am here NOT to offend anyone, nor to take offence at any prejudiced commentary.

[4] Keep calm and easy. The same reason why you post a thread on the forum, I also want to be liked by you guys. Meanwhile you might satisfy your thirst for interesting news from this thread. So let's do it the harmonious way, OK?

As communism has historically been a concept that looks so good on paper but is such a disappointment in real life (even the party bosses in China begrudgingly admit to it), what do you think the future for communism is (or is there a future for communism?)

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
06-04-2013, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 07:52 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(05-04-2013 02:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't be bothered to read all 27 pages of this thread.

I talked about censorship as a whole (including Internet censorship) in China many times. But in fact it is a complicated issue, and I am not so satisfied with my previous answers.

So I share with you a few pieces of news to show the confusion I had.

[1] A newspaper named 'Southern Weekly' had a the new year's greetings of 2013 called 'Chinese Dream, a Dream of the Constitution' this January, asking why it was that Chinese people didn't get all that beautiful and wonderful freedom promised by the Chinese Constitution. This 'greetings' was axed and replaced by a somewhat revised (150 Chinese characters different) and more mild article and the provincial propaganda chief added an introductory note.

(PROPAGANDA ! CENSORSHIP ! Typical 1984 ! EVIL ! )

[2] This incident received wide western media attention. 'unprecedented' (really?), 'civil rights violated', 'what about press freedom', 'idealists oppressed' ... Wiki, Google,
search it, and you will find plenty.

(Even in Chinese if you try, which is supposed to have been filtered out by the Great Fire Wall. GFW, your incompetence let me down again. Whipping.)

[3] Many former and current editors of 'Southern Weekly' protested with an outcry, grief and indignation. Quite a few current threatened to resign if the original 'greetings' was not restored and the provincial propaganda chief was not removed from his position.

(Brave ! Full of the spirits of human rights, civil rights and freedom ! Thumbs up! )

[4] To make things a little complicated, Southern Weekly is not a private media. It is a part of the Nanfang Media Group, which is a provincial government-owned media corporation. The same as any government-owned corporation, its top leader is the party secretary.

(Did this mean that the propaganda chief have a little right to change the 'greetings'? And government-own? Shouldn't the Southern Weekly be evil as well? Does this mean that their 'greetings' was evil too? WTF ! I started to get a little confused.Shocking )

[5] The original 'greetings' was all over the place on the internet very soon after the incident. And all the voices of the protesting editors and other 'radical thinkers' and 'dissidents' were heard through Weibo (the Chinese version of Twitter), blogs, forums and so on.

(GFW, your incompetence let me down again, again and againWeeping )

[6] Another kind of voices emerged. Many people laughed the Southern Weekly for making a fuss, always acting like shoddy politicians, merely rising sensational questions yet seemingly never offering practical suggestions, and that they were just a bunch of folks blinded by greed with the factual intention of gaining fame and possibly foreign propping.

(By common sense to me, this sounds more ... human?Consider )

[7] The provincial propaganda chief stays in his position today. In the provincial government-owned news media the Southern Weekly, those current editors who cried out loud for human rights, civil rights and freedom ... still stay in their positions.

(Should I say that After having seen people and things like this so many times, I've got rather tired these days talking about this. Need to get some Drinking Beverage to go on)

[8] As a back fire, the Southern Weekly published a brand new article 'Somalia: people's livelihoods are actually not that bad' because the Somalians had a much smaller government, enjoyed a free economy, and the anarchy and warlords' busy fighting each other granted the Somalians the very essence of human rights i.e. freedom, and it was the path to the separation of powers and regional self-governance and ultimately to federalism and the dreamed and blessed democracy.

(Translated according to the original meaning. I enjoyed this article. I love these idealist people. I'll love them more if they could improve their IQ a little and do some practical stuff.Smile)

[9] The provincial-government-owned media corporation the Nanfang Media Group, mother cooperation of the Southern Weekly, paid their papers delivery guys quite low and with arrears. So the papers delivery guys put on a strike in front of the building of the Nanfang Media Group late last March for more than five days.
[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1304061644416820_0.jpg]
(WTF Ohmy )

[10] As the son cooperation, and a well known news medium for 'investigative journalism, testing the limits of free speech in the country' (from wiki), which discussed the issue of back pay every consecutive year with condemnation, the Southern Weekly has been ... keeping silent on this issue. Those radical thinkers, dissidents and self-claimed public intellectuals, who normally condemned the CPC's censorship and cried for free speech, have been ... keeping quiet like that they suddenly adopted hibernation on this subject.

(Keeping silent together when a stupid ally is exposed is also a part of free speech. My sympathy and I totally understand.Shocking

The Southern Weekly said in their 2006 new year's 'greetings' that a word of truth weighed more than the whole world. A beautiful sentence with a colossal weight ... till on their own heads. My sympathy and I totally understand.Laughat )

[11] This time,

Western media? Not interested at all. Try Wiki and Google. Little results, if not none.

Weibo? People published angry commentary towards the Southern Weekly feeling having been fooled. And in the first two weeks (a time a little more than one week from today), they got this: Sorry, the weibo you published on YYYY-MM-DD HH-mm-SS 'Nanfang Media Back Pay, Employees on Strike' has been encrypted by the Admin. This piece of information is not suitable for the public. If you have questions, please contact the Customer Service.(Link: blablalba)
[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1304061656136477_0.png]
In last week which followed the two-week Grand Encryption Period, many messages showed up, stayed for sometime, might disappear without much notice. It's like that there is obvious free speech, and that just not many people cared.

Major forums? Similar to what happened to Weibo, many posts deleted where people were angry. After they got tired, a few posts were allowed to show up.

Paper media? Haven't seen a single paper medium reporting this.

Online news search? Just tried. Only praises for the Nanfang Media Group and how they condemn the government for letting back pay happen to those poor working people.

(This CENSORSHIP is MASSIVE and POWERFUL ... to protect a media group who has 'China's most influential liberal newspaper', the Southern Weekly(Wiki). Consider

It is the slogan of the Southern Weekly: 'Read here. Understand China.'No

A well-known editor HU, Yinan commented after all these: 'Watch this. Understand the Power of the Capital.' Evil_monster

But I would like to congratulate the GREAT FIRE WALL sincerely that the GREAT FIRE WALL ultimately functioned properly and efficiently ... in protecting the human rights and free speech representatives of China. Good job ! Thumbsup

Haha, hehe, Hobo My brain too confused. Had to stop here.)

[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
06-04-2013, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 07:29 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(05-04-2013 03:07 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  As communism has historically been a concept that looks so good on paper but is such a disappointment in real life (even the party bosses in China begrudgingly admit to it), what do you think the future for communism is (or is there a future for communism?)

Lol'd happily at the word 'begrudgingly'. Yet I think that was their way of gracefully admitting to the reality.

Since I felt a little tired after answering the previous question. Here I will draw a dream picture of communism with a few sentences:

When I was a kid, those powerful genes made me feel happy when I explored the unknown and tried to understand and make use of it for those around me.

When I grew up, I found out that working for all humankind was the only way I really want to fulfill myself in. And I chosen AI and Robotics as my major because these are two of the most important pillars that were supporting our communism life.

I have intimate female friends. And they have their intimate male friends. Oosperms were selected carefully and a variety of the best ones became children. Children were taught in institutions where best scenarios were very well-informedly designed to suit every particular individual. We visit children nearby from time to time.

BTW, I am in charge of the mining business on this planet alone. And I am still working on my AI and Robotics studies. It will take me like half an hour to meet a friend in another galaxy. And they have their own business. So we meet on a weekly basis.

Sounds very much like Sci-Fi. But what our lives now are is pretty Sci-Fi to people two hundred years ago. So I still believe communism will come one day. I find its fundamental reasoning pretty sound.

[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
06-04-2013, 08:41 AM
(06-04-2013 03:29 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't be bothered to read all 27 pages of this thread.

I talked about censorship as a whole (including Internet censorship) in China many times. But in fact it is a complicated issue, and I am not so satisfied with my previous answers.

So I share with you a few pieces of news to show the confusion I had.

[1] A newspaper named 'Southern Weekly' had a the new year's greetings of 2013 called 'Chinese Dream, a Dream of the Constitution' this January, asking why it was that Chinese people didn't get all that beautiful and wonderful freedom promised by the Chinese Constitution. This 'greetings' was axed and replaced by a somewhat revised (150 Chinese characters different) and more mild article and the provincial propaganda chief added an introductory note.

(PROPAGANDA ! CENSORSHIP ! Typical 1984 ! EVIL ! )

[2] This incident received wide western media attention. 'unprecedented' (really?), 'civil rights violated', 'what about press freedom', 'idealists oppressed' ... Wiki, Google,
search it, and you will find plenty.

(Even in Chinese if you try, which is supposed to have been filtered out by the Great Fire Wall. GFW, your incompetence let me down again. Whipping.)

[3] Many former and current editors of 'Southern Weekly' protested with an outcry, grief and indignation. Quite a few current threatened to resign if the original 'greetings' was not restored and the provincial propaganda chief was not removed from his position.

(Brave ! Full of the spirits of human rights, civil rights and freedom ! Thumbs up! )

[4] To make things a little complicated, Southern Weekly is not a private media. It is a part of the Nanfang Media Group, which is a provincial government-owned media corporation. The same as any government-owned corporation, its top leader is the party secretary.

(Did this mean that the propaganda chief have a little right to change the 'greetings'? And government-own? Shouldn't the Southern Weekly be evil as well? Does this mean that their 'greetings' was evil too? WTF ! I started to get a little confused.Shocking )

[5] The original 'greetings' was all over the place on the internet very soon after the incident. And all the voices of the protesting editors and other 'radical thinkers' and 'dissidents' were heard through Weibo (the Chinese version of Twitter), blogs, forums and so on.

(GFW, your incompetence let me down again, again and againWeeping )

[6] Another kind of voices emerged. Many people laughed the Southern Weekly for making a fuss, always acting like shoddy politicians, merely rising sensational questions yet seemingly never offering practical suggestions, and that they were just a bunch of folks blinded by greed with the factual intention of gaining fame and possibly foreign propping.

(By common sense to me, this sounds more ... human?Consider )

[7] The provincial propaganda chief stays in his position today. In the provincial government-owned news media the Southern Weekly, those current editors who cried out loud for human rights, civil rights and freedom ... still stay in their positions.

(Should I say that After having seen people and things like this so many times, I've got rather tired these days talking about this. Need to get some Drinking Beverage to go on)

[8] As a back fire, the Southern Weekly published a brand new article 'Somalia: people's livelihoods are actually not that bad' because the Somalians had a much smaller government, enjoyed a free economy, and the anarchy and warlords' busy fighting each other granted the Somalians the very essence of human rights i.e. freedom, and it was the path to the separation of powers and regional self-governance and ultimately to federalism and the dreamed and blessed democracy.

(Translated according to the original meaning. I enjoyed this article. I love these idealist people. I'll love them more if they could improve their IQ a little and do some practical stuff.Smile)

[9] The provincial-government-owned media corporation the Nanfang Media Group, mother cooperation of the Southern Weekly, paid their papers delivery guys quite low and with arrears. So the papers delivery guys put on a strike in front of the building of the Nanfang Media Group late last March for more than five days.
[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1304061644416820_0.jpg]
(WTF Ohmy )

[10] As the son cooperation, and a well known news medium for 'investigative journalism, testing the limits of free speech in the country' (from wiki), which discussed the issue of back pay every consecutive year with condemnation, the Southern Weekly has been ... keeping silent on this issue. Those radical thinkers, dissidents and self-claimed public intellectuals, who normally condemned the CPC's censorship and cried for free speech, have been ... keeping quiet like that they suddenly adopted hibernation on this subject.

(Keeping silent together when a stupid ally is exposed is also a part of free speech. My sympathy and I totally understand.Shocking

The Southern Weekly said in their 2006 new year's 'greetings' that a word of truth weighed more than the whole world. A beautiful sentence with a colossal weight ... till on their own heads. My sympathy and I totally understand.Laughat )

[11] This time,

Western media? Not interested at all. Try Wiki and Google. Little results, if not none.

Weibo? People published angry commentary towards the Southern Weekly feeling having been fooled. And in the first two weeks (a time a little more than one week from today), they got this: Sorry, the weibo you published on YYYY-MM-DD HH-mm-SS 'Nanfang Media Back Pay, Employees on Strike' has been encrypted by the Admin. This piece of information is not suitable for the public. If you have questions, please contact the Customer Service.(Link: blablalba)
[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1304061656136477_0.png]
In last week which followed the two-week Grand Encryption Period, many messages showed up, stayed for sometime, might disappear without much notice. It's like that there is obvious free speech, and that just not many people cared.

Major forums? Similar to what happened to Weibo, many posts deleted where people were angry. After they got tired, a few posts were allowed to show up.

Paper media? Haven't seen a single paper medium reporting this.

Online news search? Just tried. Only praises for the Nanfang Media Group and how they condemn the government for letting back pay happen to those poor working people.

(This CENSORSHIP is MASSIVE and POWERFUL ... to protect a media group who has 'China's most influential liberal newspaper', the Southern Weekly(Wiki). Consider

It is the slogan of the Southern Weekly: 'Read here. Understand China.'No

A well-known editor HU, Yinan commented after all these: 'Watch this. Understand the Power of the Capital.' Evil_monster

But I would like to congratulate the GREAT FIRE WALL sincerely that the GREAT FIRE WALL ultimately functioned properly and efficiently ... in protecting the human rights and free speech representatives of China. Good job ! Thumbsup

Haha, hehe, Hobo My brain too confused. Had to stop here.)

You didn't actually answer Vosur's question regarding free speech but rather just repeated a bunch of news events regarding a news paper.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.