Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(06-04-2013 08:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You didn't actually answer Vosur's question regarding free speech but rather just repeated a bunch of news events regarding a news paper.

Question: Stance?
Answer: Confused.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 08:57 AM
How are you confused?

Your government censors you from certain things, removes un-patriotic stuff etc... The government has the power that if someone is saying something it (the government) disagrees with they can simply just have it removed.
How does that not bother you?
Or that media are GOVERNMENT controlled? How does that not bother you?
How can you be 100% sure you simply just aren't being brainwashed with government fed propaganda? Afterall, the government can censor things to how they want the people to see them.

I really don't see how you are confused other then you simply don't know the importance of free speech and non-government censorship because you've grown up and lived in a country that actively censors you from things it doesn't want you to know.

question: I hear Tiananmen square is censored over there?
How can the government censor something like the Tiananmen Square incident?
This is one of the most symbolic pictures of all time:

[Image: tiananmen.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2013, 09:01 AM
It's your freedom not to read and think about my post.

It's also my freedom to ignore you.

And a picture for you. I heard things like this were TOTALLY CENSORED ! Please explain and show at least 100 evidences. (I will take some rest and keep ignoring you.)

[Image: flower-power-luminous-inspirations1.jpg]

06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
(06-04-2013 09:01 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  It's your freedom not to read and think about my post.

And a picture for you. I heard things like this were TOTALLY CENSORED ! Please explain and show at least 100 evidences. (I will take some rest and keep ignoring you.)

You are a ChiCom apologist troll.

That image was not censored. It was even quoted in movies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
(06-04-2013 09:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:01 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  It's your freedom not to read and think about my post.

You are a ChiCom apologist troll.

Please show at least 100 evidences.

Calling people by names in an old-fashioned way really shows how well-mannered a person you are, sir.

Like I said, thank you, sir. End of conversation.

06-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Why don't you answer the question? (mine and Vosur's)
Why are you getting so mad when I suggest something bad about your government?
Oh I'm sorry, are they not the perfect god-like system you have been spoon fed to believe they are your whole life?

You want a 100 evidences? You said it yourself, Tweets (or Weibo's) get removed all the time. There's well over a hundred right there.

So Tiananmen Square WAS censored? I'm not surprised.
How are you okay with that? Oh right, everything you know about the world has been filtered by Chinese government, OF COURSE you're okay with that.

Here's another picture for you:
[Image: nazi.culture22.gif]

You're obviously just another sheep in the crowd.
At least have the balls to HAVE AN OPINION!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-04-2013, 09:14 AM
(06-04-2013 09:09 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are a ChiCom apologist troll.

Please show at least 100 evidences.

Calling people by names in an old-fashioned way really shows how well-mannered a person you are, sir.

Like I said, thank you, sir. End of conversation.

I am not calling you names, I am identifying what you are.

"100 evidences"? Really?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 09:16 AM
What is taught to you in school about Tiananmen, Junyuan ? You said at one stage that you were kinda a rebel studenty type. Do you still feel that way sometimes ?

If the powers that be are assholes, what protection do you have ? Can you get together some placards and go wave them, and will that do anything for you ? Would your authorities put up with something like for example the Occupy New York movement ?

China is often portrayed as very authoritarian, is all... so I'm wondering about stuff like civil disobedience - is it an option or do people who try such things get shafted ?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
(06-04-2013 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Why don't you answer the question? (mine and Vosur's)
Why are you getting so mad when I suggest something bad about your government?
Oh I'm sorry, are they not the perfect god-like system you have been spoon fed to believe they are your whole life?

You want a 100 evidences? You said it yourself, Tweets (or Weibo's) get removed all the time. There's well over a hundred right there.

So Tiananmen Square WAS censored? I'm not surprised.
How are you okay with that? Oh right, everything you know about the world has been filtered by Chinese government, OF COURSE you're okay with that.

Here's another picture for you:
[Image: nazi.culture22.gif]

You're obviously just another sheep in the crowd.
At least have the balls to HAVE AN OPINION!

I've been following this thread since it's beginning and our friend Hu here has been as open and honest as he can be. He does however have a rather large blind spot when it comes to criticising his government. I don't know if that is ingrained because of the government or if it is a cultural thing (chinese superiority is a running theme in their history) Even when presented with hard proof he turns a blind eye and redirects to some supposed crime of the west's.

The entire exchange has convinced me that communism just replaced religion with the worship of the state, he has his Prophets Marx and Mao, his heaven (that weird future sci-fi thing he goes into every now and again that to me at least makes no sense) and his church The Party. Reading between the lines he knows what he is saying is bullshit, just like pleasejesus and egor know their bullshit, and is equally uncomfortable looking at the unpleasant side of his dogma. When his attention is pointed directly at the ugly side of communism he scrambles away makes deflections and gets panicky because his entire life is built around this perfect system. It's not the system(God) that wrong it's the people that are it's messengers that are merely and weakly human. Anyone who has ever debated a theist has seen this exact behavior when you strike too close to the defender's own private hidden doubts. Hu knows what we are talking about maybe not conscientiously, but it's there in the back of his brain and he knows if he lets the first doubts creep out of the box he shoves them in the whole house of cards tumbles.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
(06-04-2013 09:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  What is taught to you in school about Tiananmen, Junyuan ? You said at one stage that you were kinda a rebel studenty type. Do you still feel that way sometimes ?

If the powers that be are assholes, what protection do you have ? Can you get together some placards and go wave them, and will that do anything for you ? Would your authorities put up with something like for example the Occupy New York movement ?

China is often portrayed as very authoritarian, is all... so I'm wondering about stuff like civil disobedience - is it an option or do people who try such things get shafted ?

Thank you for the way you ask about this tragic event. And I am glad to answer.

I watched the Tiananmen incidents on TV when I was a child. I didn't understand what was happening but I saw soldiers burned to death and heard gun shots. It was a terrible memory.

And no, it was not taught in class. History class focused mainly on things before 1949. Politics class focused on the Marxist philosophy and what the current political structure was and how it worked.

When I was in the U.S., I was shown all these 'Truth about the Tiananmen incident'. I admit I was a little shocked. But then questions followed. As idealists gathering to demonstrate in the very heart of China, these protesting folks had ugly in-fights over the right to speak to foreign media. And that since their camp on the Tiananmen Square was a mess with garbage all around, they couldn't manage themselves well, what significant practical good could they do?

Did you read my post describing my confusion? If you did, you will see banners saying their money wasn't given to them. And bad thing happened? No. Any good thing? None, either.

After the Occupy New York movement, many people complained how stupid and crude the CPC was in 1989, and the U.S. was a wonderful teacher showing us how to do it in the right way. They could have done the following:

(1) Do you guys have approved applications? No? Go away! It is illegal for you to be here!

(2) Yes, I do understand you have every your freedom to protest here. But without approval, it is ILLEGAL ! Follow the procedures and get an approval first!

(3) Yes, I am arresting you guys. Not because I want to oppress your freedom, but because we cared for your health! You guys violated health related LAWS ! I am taking you away for your own good ! If you still want to come back after medical inspections and the observation periods, you are welcome. But do remember the laws !

Now let's talk about the tanks. Stupid and crude isn't it?