Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
Want proof of censorship, since you talk about "100 evidences"?

Here's the result for "Tiananmen Square Protests" from Baidu (searched in Chinese - 天安门广场抗议, hopefully that's accurate):

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&bs=%E5%A...nputT=1194

And from Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiananme...20&bih=949

Which one mentions the protests? Which includes the stories of what happened?

Now for a US example, Abu Ghraib

https://www.google.com/search?q=abu+ghra...e&ie=UTF-8

The first result is about the torture and prisoner abuse and there are plenty more. Our government doesn't censor our internet to make believe that it has never done wrong. We know about many of the bad things it has done and can find information on more. Instead of hiding it, we've dealt with it. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than a government that censors it and has a propaganda office to shape what the people think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
(06-04-2013 09:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why don't you answer the question? (mine and Vosur's)
Why are you getting so mad when I suggest something bad about your government?
Oh I'm sorry, are they not the perfect god-like system you have been spoon fed to believe they are your whole life?

You want a 100 evidences? You said it yourself, Tweets (or Weibo's) get removed all the time. There's well over a hundred right there.

So Tiananmen Square WAS censored? I'm not surprised.
How are you okay with that? Oh right, everything you know about the world has been filtered by Chinese government, OF COURSE you're okay with that.

Here's another picture for you:
[Image: nazi.culture22.gif]

You're obviously just another sheep in the crowd.
At least have the balls to HAVE AN OPINION!

I've been following this thread since it's beginning and our friend Hu here has been as open and honest as he can be. He does however have a rather large blind spot when it comes to criticising his government. I don't know if that is ingrained because of the government or if it is a cultural thing (chinese superiority is a running theme in their history) Even when presented with hard proof he turns a blind eye and redirects to some supposed crime of the west's.

The entire exchange has convinced me that communism just replaced religion with the worship of the state, he has his Prophets Marx and Mao, his heaven (that weird future sci-fi thing he goes into every now and again that to me at least makes no sense) and his church The Party. Reading between the lines he knows what he is saying is bullshit, just like pleasejesus and egor know their bullshit, and is equally uncomfortable looking at the unpleasant side of his dogma. When his attention is pointed directly at the ugly side of communism he scrambles away makes deflections and gets panicky because his entire life is built around this perfect system. It's not the system(God) that wrong it's the people that are it's messengers that are merely and weakly human. Anyone who has ever debated a theist has seen this exact behavior when you strike too close to the defender's own private hidden doubts. Hu knows what we are talking about maybe not conscientiously, but it's there in the back of his brain and he knows if he lets the first doubts creep out of the box he shoves them in the whole house of cards tumbles.

Oh I have no doubt that the party is to him, what Jesus is to Christians.
Same delusion, same blind sheep following mentality, same denial of anything counter to it no matter the evidence slapping them in the face.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-04-2013, 09:47 AM
(06-04-2013 09:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why don't you answer the question? (mine and Vosur's)
Why are you getting so mad when I suggest something bad about your government?
Oh I'm sorry, are they not the perfect god-like system you have been spoon fed to believe they are your whole life?

You want a 100 evidences? You said it yourself, Tweets (or Weibo's) get removed all the time. There's well over a hundred right there.

So Tiananmen Square WAS censored? I'm not surprised.
How are you okay with that? Oh right, everything you know about the world has been filtered by Chinese government, OF COURSE you're okay with that.

Here's another picture for you:
[Image: nazi.culture22.gif]

You're obviously just another sheep in the crowd.
At least have the balls to HAVE AN OPINION!

I've been following this thread since it's beginning and our friend Hu here has been as open and honest as he can be. He does however have a rather large blind spot when it comes to criticising his government. I don't know if that is ingrained because of the government or if it is a cultural thing (chinese superiority is a running theme in their history) Even when presented with hard proof he turns a blind eye and redirects to some supposed crime of the west's.

The entire exchange has convinced me that communism just replaced religion with the worship of the state, he has his Prophets Marx and Mao, his heaven (that weird future sci-fi thing he goes into every now and again that to me at least makes no sense) and his church The Party. Reading between the lines he knows what he is saying is bullshit, just like pleasejesus and egor know their bullshit, and is equally uncomfortable looking at the unpleasant side of his dogma. When his attention is pointed directly at the ugly side of communism he scrambles away makes deflections and gets panicky because his entire life is built around this perfect system. It's not the system(God) that wrong it's the people that are it's messengers that are merely and weakly human. Anyone who has ever debated a theist has seen this exact behavior when you strike too close to the defender's own private hidden doubts. Hu knows what we are talking about maybe not conscientiously, but it's there in the back of his brain and he knows if he lets the first doubts creep out of the box he shoves them in the whole house of cards tumbles.

Blind spot? Similar things I felt about some of you guys also.

Religion? That's a good joke. But not for the Chinese people who were once used as slaves building railways in the U.S., whereas now the mighty U.S. had to apologize.

Why not ask something else you are interested in? Instead of those you already have satisfactory answers, to which mine are so different that they are unacceptable to you.

Want something? Then do something.
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Why is his answer not a fucking answer? Tongue

We don't have censorship? Mass media does not reflect public opinion, it manufactures it. We're not censored by lack of information, but from rather excess of information; and we have to trust media outlets to act as filters. And what happens beyond those same outlets betraying our trust?

"I'm confused" is a statement from a man trying to make up his mind, not some man toeing the party line. Give him a minute.

And!

I remember when I'd google my Gwynnies, and I'd sit in the library all day, scrolling through pages. Now, it's forty or so, and every search engine seem like a google tentacle.

And! They tell me, showing results one through twenty of six hundred thousand... HOW COME I NEVER SEE SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND GWYNNIE PIX!

Motherfuckers. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 09:53 AM
(06-04-2013 09:43 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Want proof of censorship, since you talk about "100 evidences"?

Here's the result for "Tiananmen Square Protests" from Baidu (searched in Chinese - 天安门广场抗议, hopefully that's accurate):

And from Google:

The first result is about the torture and prisoner abuse and there are plenty more. Our government doesn't censor our internet to make believe that it has never done wrong. We know about many of the bad things it has done and can find information on more. Instead of hiding it, we've dealt with it. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than a government that censors it and has a propaganda office to shape what the people think.

Firstly, the US torturing prisoners doesn't excuse bad behavior from the Chinese government. Nor am I saying China is bad and America is good, I am only saying China is bad.

Also, but they DO censor your internet and they DO own media outlets.
It's not only the degree at which they do censorship or tailor things to what they want you to see, it's also the POTENTIAL for censorship.

06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
(06-04-2013 09:47 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I've been following this thread since it's beginning and our friend Hu here has been as open and honest as he can be. He does however have a rather large blind spot when it comes to criticising his government. I don't know if that is ingrained because of the government or if it is a cultural thing (chinese superiority is a running theme in their history) Even when presented with hard proof he turns a blind eye and redirects to some supposed crime of the west's.

Religion? That's a good joke. But not for the Chinese people who were once used as slaves building railways in the U.S., whereas now the mighty U.S. had to apologize.

Why not ask something else you are interested in? Instead of those you already have satisfactory answers, to which mine are so different that they are unacceptable to you.

Again, we know about the Chinese railway workers in the 1860s and how they were treated. They weren't actually slaves though, they were paid (though often less than white counterparts) and were able to leave if they chose. They stayed because they could earn more in the US doing that dangerous work than they could in China Wink
06-04-2013, 09:55 AM
(06-04-2013 09:47 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I've been following this thread since it's beginning and our friend Hu here has been as open and honest as he can be. He does however have a rather large blind spot when it comes to criticising his government. I don't know if that is ingrained because of the government or if it is a cultural thing (chinese superiority is a running theme in their history) Even when presented with hard proof he turns a blind eye and redirects to some supposed crime of the west's.

I was merely stating an observation, as for questions not sure what more there is to ask on this topic. I will however ask you this "If you are not able to see the faults and openly discuss them how do you fix them?"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
(06-04-2013 09:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:43 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Want proof of censorship, since you talk about "100 evidences"?

And from Google:

Firstly, the US torturing prisoners doesn't excuse bad behavior from the Chinese government. Nor am I saying China is bad and America is good, I am only saying China is bad.

Also, but they DO censor your internet and they DO own media outlets.
It's not only the degree at which they do censorship or tailor things to what they want you to see, it's also the POTENTIAL for censorship.

I didn't say that it did, just as proof that we don't censor bad things about the US, while China absolutely does.
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
(06-04-2013 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So Tiananmen Square WAS censored? I'm not surprised.

I didn't say anything like this. But instead you already have satisfactory answers for yourself after all. Why bother asking?

It is not my duty to answer all your questions.

Here I will this METAPHOR again.

(29-03-2013 12:34 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  It's like mother lost a wallet because a thief picked her pocket and she was also not careful. Whereas people out of the family were told that all valuable stuff in my house was stolen under my mother's watch and that my mother was an open-eye blind. Those who spread the news either didn't know the situation well enough or bore ill intentions.

Now when people curious about the new came by, they often asked "how could your mother be so incompetent?" I couldn't deny it totally, since the news was true in some degrees. Yet I still felt offended and therefore explained with a temper. And they normally would say "Really? That's not what I've heard. I think maybe you could be braver and face the fact." And new guys repeated the process again and again.

So it's also my bad for showing my anger and impatience in some of my answers. But that's what I felt. Can't deny it.

It's a metaphor.

If you understand and if you agree, I am glad to answer your questions.

If you understand yet if you don't agree, I am glad to answer your other questions.

If you don't understand or agree, I am glad to ignore you since I am not paid to answer you.

Now, like I said. Thank you, sir. End of conversation.

Want something? Then do something.
06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
(06-04-2013 09:54 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Again, we know about the Chinese railway workers in the 1860s and how they were treated. They weren't actually slaves though, they were paid (though often less than white counterparts) and were able to leave if they chose. They stayed because they could earn more in the US doing that dangerous work than they could in China Wink

If you want examples of bad human rights in regards to major engineering projects, how about the 50,000 or however many people it was, who were forced out of their homes so the Chinese government could build that massive (worlds largest) hydro dam?