Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(06-04-2013 10:10 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:43 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Want proof of censorship, since you talk about "100 evidences"?

Here's the result for "Tiananmen Square Protests" from Baidu (searched in Chinese - 天安门广场抗议, hopefully that's accurate):

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&bs=%E5%A...nputT=1194

On the third page of the result there's this one:

http://www.cn.wsj.com/gb/20080604/chw145...stpopular1

OMG! It is from the Wall Street Journals! Why the great fire wall did filter it out?!

It's not censored. It's just not favored by the searching engine.

If you have a question you are interested in, and if I feel comfortable sharing the information, there's a deal. Simple as that.

So.. what you're saying is, you'll censor our questions and filter out the ones that you don't like?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
(06-04-2013 10:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:00 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I posted a metaphor above. I expressed why I was kinda angry.

I am just an ordinary citizen, no need to worry about things I couldn't directly lay a finger on. Do you agree?

No I vehemently disagree. Ordinary citizens are where governments gain their authority. Whenever a government loses the will of the people it falls. The more people say "I am just an ordinary citizen, no need to worry about things I couldn't directly lay a finger on." "The problem is too big and I am too small" that's when atrocities happen. The west has many examples of this, we are not immune from this feeling of helplessness but that is the means by which the few exploit the many.

Tell the 47.5% eligible voters the same who just didn't care to practice their rights in the last presidential election in the U.S.

Want something? Then do something.
06-04-2013, 10:14 AM
As someone who has actually lived communism I'm finding the moral masturbation and general wanking that's going on in this thread mildly amusing. Yeah, people in a totalitarian country totally have control over their government and a say in how they country is run. And they have the same access to information we have. And they haven't been exposed to totally different stories/version of history from the one(s) we have since they were kids. Like, for real.

If only it were possible to get someone from a famine-hit region of Africa, so that we could tell them how it's their own fault they're so poor, for not getting off their butts and working hard.

Nothing beats good ol' moral superiority. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
(06-04-2013 10:12 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No I vehemently disagree. Ordinary citizens are where governments gain their authority. Whenever a government loses the will of the people it falls. The more people say "I am just an ordinary citizen, no need to worry about things I couldn't directly lay a finger on." "The problem is too big and I am too small" that's when atrocities happen. The west has many examples of this, we are not immune from this feeling of helplessness but that is the means by which the few exploit the many.

Tell the 47.5% eligible voters the same who just didn't care to practice their rights in the last presidential election in the U.S.

They did exercise their right, their freedom to not vote.

(06-04-2013 10:12 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No I vehemently disagree. Ordinary citizens are where governments gain their authority. Whenever a government loses the will of the people it falls. The more people say "I am just an ordinary citizen, no need to worry about things I couldn't directly lay a finger on." "The problem is too big and I am too small" that's when atrocities happen. The west has many examples of this, we are not immune from this feeling of helplessness but that is the means by which the few exploit the many.

I do, also I am not one of those so in as much as I can only be responsible for my own actions I always vote.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-04-2013, 10:16 AM
(06-04-2013 10:14 AM)Vera Wrote:  As someone who has actually lived communism I'm finding the moral masturbation and general wanking that's going on in this thread mildly amusing. Yeah, people in a totalitarian country totally have control over their government and a say in how they country is run. And they have the same access to information we have. And they haven't been exposed to totally different stories/version of history from the one(s) we have since they were kids. Like, for real.

If only it were possible to get someone from a famine-hit region of Africa, so that we could tell them how it's their own fault they're so poor, for not getting off their butts and working hard.

So what do you propose? Doing absolutely nothing? yea sure, that'll get change

06-04-2013, 10:16 AM
(06-04-2013 09:54 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:47 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Blind spot? Similar things I felt about some of you guys also.

Religion? That's a good joke. But not for the Chinese people who were once used as slaves building railways in the U.S., whereas now the mighty U.S. had to apologize.

Why not ask something else you are interested in? Instead of those you already have satisfactory answers, to which mine are so different that they are unacceptable to you.

Again, we know about the Chinese railway workers in the 1860s and how they were treated. They weren't actually slaves though, they were paid (though often less than white counterparts) and were able to leave if they chose. They stayed because they could earn more in the US doing that dangerous work than they could in China Wink

Thank you sir. End of conversation.

Want something? Then do something.
06-04-2013, 10:17 AM
(06-04-2013 10:16 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:54 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Again, we know about the Chinese railway workers in the 1860s and how they were treated. They weren't actually slaves though, they were paid (though often less than white counterparts) and were able to leave if they chose. They stayed because they could earn more in the US doing that dangerous work than they could in China Wink

Thank you sir. End of conversation.

End of conversation because further look may reflect poorly on your god err I mean government? Because you don't want to open up the China-treating people poorly can of worms? Because you're spineless.

06-04-2013, 10:18 AM
(06-04-2013 10:14 AM)Vera Wrote:  As someone who has actually lived communism I'm finding the moral masturbation and general wanking that's going on in this thread mildly amusing. Yeah, people in a totalitarian country totally have control over their government and a say in how they country is run. And they have the same access to information we have. And they haven't been exposed to totally different stories/version of history from the one(s) we have since they were kids. Like, for real.

Your thorniness does not make you any less adorable.

Just sayin' Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
(06-04-2013 10:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Your thorniness does not make you any less adorable.

Just sayin' Angel

Note how HoC was able to post and not have his post removed.
Ahhh, do you smell that? smells like freedom to me. and canned pineapple in it's own juice

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post