Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
06-04-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(06-04-2013 10:14 AM)Vera Wrote:  As someone who has actually lived communism I'm finding the moral masturbation and general wanking that's going on in this thread mildly amusing. Yeah, people in a totalitarian country totally have control over their government and a say in how they country is run. And they have the same access to information we have. And they haven't been exposed to totally different stories/version of history from the one(s) we have since they were kids. Like, for real.

If only it were possible to get someone from a famine-hit region of Africa, so that we could tell them how it's their own fault they're so poor, for not getting off their butts and working hard.

Nothing beats good ol' moral superiority. Drinking Beverage

Er, anything to do with me, if I may ask? I didn't quite get it. Huh

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 10:25 AM
By all means, let's keep wanking our dicks on a forum. This is bound to make the world a better place. Glory, hallelujah, a paradise on earth, all thanks to TTA!

Just be careful they don't fall off.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
06-04-2013, 10:29 AM
(06-04-2013 10:25 AM)Vera Wrote:  By all means, let's keep wanking our dicks on a forum. This is bound to make the world a better place. Glory, hallelujah, a paradise on earth, all thanks to TTA!

Just be careful they don't fall off.

As opposed to what? Not contributing to the conversation at hand and making masturbation references?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-04-2013, 10:30 AM
(06-04-2013 10:01 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  yes it is, read the thread title!

If you only answer the ones you want to answer because the others are "too hard" then why bother?

Answer: I was just being polite. Thank you, sir. End of conversation.

The only way for you to end a conversation is for you to shut the fuck up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2013, 10:31 AM
(06-04-2013 10:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:10 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  If you have a question you are interested in, and if I feel comfortable sharing the information, there's a deal. Simple as that.

So.. what you're saying is, you'll censor our questions and filter out the ones that you don't like?

If this is the definition of censorship for many guys on this forum, I feel it is wise for me to ignore all of them on this issue. How ridiculous ! I thought it was my freedom ...

If you have a question you are interested in, and if I feel comfortable sharing the information, there's a deal. Simple as that.

Thank you sir. End of conversation.

06-04-2013, 10:31 AM
(06-04-2013 10:10 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:43 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Want proof of censorship, since you talk about "100 evidences"?

Here's the result for "Tiananmen Square Protests" from Baidu (searched in Chinese - 天安门广场抗议, hopefully that's accurate):

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&bs=%E5%A...nputT=1194

On the third page of the result there's this one:

http://www.cn.wsj.com/gb/20080604/chw145...stpopular1

OMG! It is from the Wall Street Journals! Why the great fire wall didn't filter it out?!

It's not censored. It's just not favored by the searching engine.

If you have a question you are interested in, and if I feel comfortable sharing the information, there's a deal. Simple as that.

Or the article is obscure enough and throws in enough pro-China talk that it was let through - you don't get things like that down to the 3rd page without suppression of articles, as I was directly searching for the protest.

If Baidu doesn't favor articles about the topic I'm searching for, then it's a shitty search engine. 3 pages for a relevant result is either censorship of most of the articles or a very terrible search algorithm...

If I was searching for dim sum and it didn't show anything regarding it until 3 pages in, I'd be surprised. Lookie here, it's result #2: http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%E7%82%B9%E5%B...nputT=1436

(06-04-2013 10:12 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No I vehemently disagree. Ordinary citizens are where governments gain their authority. Whenever a government loses the will of the people it falls. The more people say "I am just an ordinary citizen, no need to worry about things I couldn't directly lay a finger on." "The problem is too big and I am too small" that's when atrocities happen. The west has many examples of this, we are not immune from this feeling of helplessness but that is the means by which the few exploit the many.

Tell the 47.5% eligible voters the same who just didn't care to practice their rights in the last presidential election in the U.S.

People's political apathy doesn't excuse the government to remove the actual influence of the people altogether.
06-04-2013, 10:35 AM
(06-04-2013 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:01 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Answer: I was just being polite. Thank you, sir. End of conversation.

The only way for you to end a conversation is for you to shut the fuck up.

06-04-2013, 10:37 AM
(06-04-2013 10:31 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 10:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. what you're saying is, you'll censor our questions and filter out the ones that you don't like?

If this is the definition of censorship for many guys on this forum, I feel it is wise for me to ignore all of them on this issue. How ridiculous ! I thought it was my freedom ...

And it's my freedom to hound the shit out of you until you actually answer the tough questions.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2013, 10:38 AM
What a happy day today!

Wink

06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Better be careful about being happy, don't let your government find out!