Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
08-04-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(08-04-2013 12:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes I did... clap clap

God damn, are you just really stupid?

You are pretty wise. Of course off the chart.

Thanks for caring. Smile

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 12:55 AM
(08-04-2013 12:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You didn't, in fact you made a point to avoid giving an opinion on anything relating to state owned media or censorship.
You said you were "confused" which isn't an opinion.
You either love the idea that the government controls all media aspects of your life or you don't or ideally you'd have an actual thought out opinion but right now I'm willing to concede to a very primitive basic thought on the matter if you are actually capable of such a thing and the Chinese government hasn't sucked out what little individuality you potentially possessed in the first place.

He's not going to answer. I ran into the same thing when asking about censorship and Tiananmen upthread (http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid285353 ). He acknowledged it was a non-answer when I pressed him.

The deflections are too kitschy and canned to think they are anything but intentional deflections. As I stated upthread, a non-answer can also tell you something. I can't guess motives for the non-answer from a few blog posts, but the reaction is strange enough that I'm pretty sure the censorship is there and he knows it.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
08-04-2013, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 01:10 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(08-04-2013 12:55 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 12:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You didn't, in fact you made a point to avoid giving an opinion on anything relating to state owned media or censorship.
You said you were "confused" which isn't an opinion.
You either love the idea that the government controls all media aspects of your life or you don't or ideally you'd have an actual thought out opinion but right now I'm willing to concede to a very primitive basic thought on the matter if you are actually capable of such a thing and the Chinese government hasn't sucked out what little individuality you potentially possessed in the first place.

He's not going to answer. I ran into the same thing when asking about censorship and Tiananmen upthread (http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid285353 ). He acknowledged it was a non-answer when I pressed him.

The deflections are too kitschy and canned to think they are anything but intentional deflections. As I stated upthread, a non-answer can also tell you something. I can't guess motives for the non-answer from a few blog posts, but the reaction is strange enough that I'm pretty sure the censorship is there and he knows it.

That's what I told you. Draw whatever conclusions you want. Your freedom. I do respect.

There's no trust between us, which is quite normal because we are basically strangers. Why bother. Go to Wiki.

Thanks for caring. Smile

08-04-2013, 03:08 AM
(07-04-2013 06:35 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  The U.S. is a partner as well as a competitor to China. Many people in China love the U.S. and long for the opportunity to go to the U.S. or even getting a green card.

I find it sad that many in the United States fear China, many thinking that a war will spark between the two of us. I personally believe that the peaceful rivalry between our two nations is a symbol of better things to come on the international stage.

(07-04-2013 06:35 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  How the U.S. could suit my ideal nation? Do you mean how the U.S. could be perfect? Never thought of this before, but I agree with Clinton 'it's the economy'. Reduce the national debt, cut unnecessary military budgets and try more diplomatic solutions.

Would you agree that it is nearly impossible to cut the national debt and to assist in recovering the U.S economy? Where do you think the nation should start? At its corrupt lobbying system, its unreasonable military expenditures, or funneling more money into the economy to stimulate growth?

(07-04-2013 06:35 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I think I understand a little but have to admit not recognizing how the 'cultural warfare' between atheism and Christianity because I don't have so much peer pressure and family pressure. Yet judging from the trouble the religious stuff has caused to me. I believe it's much harder for you guys in a Christianity culture to adopt atheism.

The United States is all about cultural war. The majority of the voters in the nation know little about economics or the policies that each candidate may be blathering about. Most vote purely on social issues, like the legalization of marijuana, homosexual marriage, or the destruction of the separation of Church and State. Whether it is the wealth gap or the infighting about religion, the U.S is struggling through several issues all at once right now.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-04-2013, 03:08 AM
(07-04-2013 11:35 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In the vein of eastern medicine there is a tradition of eating or ingesting exotic animal parts (rhino horns, tiger) of currently endangered or nearly extinct species. Does your generation go in for it as much as say your parents or grandparents would? Just as a general trend increasing or decreasing or staying about the same?

Interesting you mentioned the word 'toxic'. There's an old saying regarding the Chinese Medicine 'any medicine is 30%(somewhat) toxic at least'.

Food is also considered as part of the medicine (so please eat healthily). And the saying still applies. Hamburgers can kill people if eaten too much (therefore 'toxic').

Nowadays genetic engineering used adenoviruses as a carrier. The adenovirus is also 'toxic'. How interesting that the old saying still makes some sense.

The Chinese medicine is evolving over time. Still a major source of medicine for the Chinese people. And it mostly are made of cultivatable herbs.

I think we had a translation issue I never said toxic I said exotic. Exotic: Strange, unusual, foreign, not of the ordinary.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-04-2013, 03:20 AM
(08-04-2013 03:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 11:35 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Interesting you mentioned the word 'toxic'. There's an old saying regarding the Chinese Medicine 'any medicine is 30%(somewhat) toxic at least'.

Food is also considered as part of the medicine (so please eat healthily). And the saying still applies. Hamburgers can kill people if eaten too much (therefore 'toxic').

Nowadays genetic engineering used adenoviruses as a carrier. The adenovirus is also 'toxic'. How interesting that the old saying still makes some sense.

The Chinese medicine is evolving over time. Still a major source of medicine for the Chinese people. And it mostly are made of cultivatable herbs.

I think we had a translation issue I never said toxic I said exotic. Exotic: Strange, unusual, foreign, not of the ordinary.

My mistake. Yet somehow magically I answered your question. "And it mostly are made of cultivatable herbs."

So if you want my opinion on exotic contents in Chinese medicine, I can only say I don't know. Never met with that kind of thing myself.

08-04-2013, 03:31 AM
(08-04-2013 03:20 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 03:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I think we had a translation issue I never said toxic I said exotic. Exotic: Strange, unusual, foreign, not of the ordinary.

My mistake. Yet somehow magically I answered your question. "And it mostly are made of cultivatable herbs."

So if you want my opinion on exotic contents in Chinese medicine, I can only say I don't know. Never met with that kind of thing myself.

fair enough. The killing of these animals for those dishes and medicines are kind of a big cultural difference between the US and China. There are many people that do base their opinion on your culture based on the fact that it , at least passively, condones poaching of nearly extinct animals. (Extinct: Destroyed as a species, no longer an active species ie dinosaurs and dodo birds)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-04-2013, 03:37 AM
(08-04-2013 03:31 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 03:20 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  My mistake. Yet somehow magically I answered your question. "And it mostly are made of cultivatable herbs."

fair enough. The killing of these animals for those dishes and medicines are kind of a big cultural difference between the US and China. There are many people that do base their opinion on your culture based on the fact that it , at least passively, condones poaching of nearly extinct animals. (Extinct: Destroyed as a species, no longer an active species ie dinosaurs and dodo birds)

Find more in Wiki.

Thanks for caring. Smile

08-04-2013, 03:41 AM
(08-04-2013 03:37 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 03:31 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  fair enough. The killing of these animals for those dishes and medicines are kind of a big cultural difference between the US and China. There are many people that do base their opinion on your culture based on the fact that it , at least passively, condones poaching of nearly extinct animals. (Extinct: Destroyed as a species, no longer an active species ie dinosaurs and dodo birds)

Find more in Wiki.

Thanks for caring. Smile

Wasn't even badgering you for an answer was just explaining my point more clearly. Thats why there was no question attached Thumbsup

08-04-2013, 03:50 AM
(08-04-2013 03:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 03:37 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Find more in Wiki.

Thanks for caring. Smile

Wasn't even badgering you for an answer was just explaining my point more clearly. Thats why there was no question attached Thumbsup

So I will simply say:

Thanks for caring. Smile