Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
29-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
Junyuan, I have seen a small number of reports coming out of China about situations where compassion among fellow Chinese seems very low in some incidents. Do you see any evidence that would support the idea that a severe increase in population density correlates to a decrease in human empathy? Any reason to believe that people living in such a heavily populated area may not value human life quite so much as one might hope?

Just curious.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 01:18 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(29-05-2013 02:09 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Junyuan, I have seen a small number of reports coming out of China about situations where compassion among fellow Chinese seems very low in some incidents. Do you see any evidence that would support the idea that a severe increase in population density correlates to a decrease in human empathy? Any reason to believe that people living in such a heavily populated area may not value human life quite so much as one might hope?

Just curious.

I guess this Peng Yu Case may be relevant to you referred to, in which the judge ruled "according to common sense, why did he went to the old lady's aid if he wan't the one who had made the old lady fall over. And if he wasn't the culprit, why had he accompanied the old lady to the hospital and paid the fees in advance? He could have just walked away."

I don't know what exactly happened, but I know that these words is definitely going to be infamous for a long time in the history of China's legal systems. I understand that in such circumstances the judge preferred to rule in the group of old people's favor. But "common sense"? That to some extent really redefined what common sense is in that aspect.

But as for me, I still will lend a helping hand in similar cases. Yet I will also pay much more attention to gathering evidences beforehand and protecting myself against possible slanders. And there are many Chinese young people like me in that way.

There's a Chinese saying "you will find all sorts of folks when their number exceeds one hundred". China has a population of over 1.3 billion, so no wonder.

And there was this dramatic chain of events. On the first day, there was a drunken person who fell onto the rails of the NY subway and was killed by the coming train, while on the second day one man fell onto the rails of a Beijing subway station and was saved. Well, I guess that only means "you will find all sorts of folks when their number exceeds one hundred".

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
15-07-2013, 06:33 PM
What are the principles of the Chinese Communist Government, and do they break their own principles?
19-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Very interesting forum post and I'm actually glad someone posted this. My dad has to go out of country to China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc. every couple months for business. He said that he discussed with some of his Chinese buyers their state of Communism. They said that it wasn't full Communism, and that they (they being the Government) doesn't pick your occupation, income, etc. They also don't prohibit private ownership (to a certain degree).
He said that what they were generally trying to get across is that the current Chinese version of communism isn't all that bad.

Do you agree with all the things they said? How close is it to the American democracy (obviously can't be THAT close, it being communism)? Do you ever feel threatened or scared of the Government?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? -Epicurus
23-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Do you think that China would fair better with laxer social laws and a more representative government? How does your nation fair when providing aid to those who do not live in the cities?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Don't you agree that the economic and political environment would improve if the illegitimate government of mainland China ceded power to the legitimate Chinese government of Taiwan?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 09:46 AM
(23-07-2013 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  Don't you agree that the economic and political environment would improve if the illegitimate government of mainland China ceded power to the legitimate Chinese government of Taiwan?

Blink How do you define "legitimacy"?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-07-2013, 09:48 AM
(23-07-2013 09:46 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  Don't you agree that the economic and political environment would improve if the illegitimate government of mainland China ceded power to the legitimate Chinese government of Taiwan?

Blink How do you define "legitimacy"?

Don't be a buzzkill. Angry

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Thats silly Chas. They should cede control to England like everyone else did. It's their turn.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
23-07-2013, 10:38 AM
(23-07-2013 09:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Thats silly Chas. They should cede control to England like everyone else did. It's their turn.

That's so 19th century. They had Hong Kong and fumbled it away.