Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
27-03-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) COMMUNIST ! ! !
(27-03-2013 09:02 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 08:25 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I suspect a bit of touchiness in that post. I apologize if I was coming off as offensive. That was meant as a joke ( and obviously a bad one at that). If there's one person who needs a lot to learn about culture. It would be me.Confused

Why do people assume that I'm some sort of delicate flower who gets her knickers in a twist at the slightest provocation? (Rhetorical question, no answer required from anyone, thank you very much Dodgy )

Is just that I'm quite certain we have different ideas of culture, which is only natural, if culture isn't subjective, I don't know what is. (For the record, not a Coen bros fan, myself.)

Hell I'm going to.

I made a sarcastic remark on culture which you took issue with. So, seeing as how I might of offended you, I apologized. I also said that if there is anyone who has things to learn ( speaking between the two of us) it's me. You've been to other places around the world where as I haven't ( yet). You've experienced other cultures. What I've experienced is basically my back yard and the neighborhood down the street ( United states and Mexico). So it had nothing to do with you being " a delicate little flower" and everything to do with the fact that when one person offends another then it is socially and morally acceptable to apologize for that offense in my opinion.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Foxcanine1's post
27-03-2013, 09:38 AM
(27-03-2013 09:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You say China is a communist country yet this is a bit of stretch.
How do you feel about the 'rise of china' being a direct result of globalization aka trade in international markets aka capitalism.
It is safe to say that China would not have risen to its current day 'power' without capitalism.

Also, in true communism everyone is equal, everything is shared etc... Do you feel you are equal to the top dogs in your government? Is the lowly peasant in rural China equal to Mr Top Dog?
If not then how successful would you rate China's communism if it hasn't fulfilled what communism is?

If you read some of my previous posts in this thread, you will find that I think China now practices national capitalism. And this will resolve all your bit of stretch.

And yes there's any growing huge gap between top tier bureaucrats, elites, wealthy business owners, and the bottom tier working class who save every cent they have in case of major disease or dreaming of acquiring a small apartment of their own. Looks pretty realistic and gloomy?

Want something? Then do something.
27-03-2013, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 10:43 AM by Vera.)
(27-03-2013 09:36 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I made a sarcastic remark on culture which you took issue with. So, seeing as how I might of offended you, I apologized. So it had nothing to do with you being " a delicate little flower" and everything to do with the fact that when one person offends another then it is socially and morally acceptable to apologize for that offense in my opinion.
Relax, cub, I was never offended in the first place. [Image: LaieA_036.gif]

On a more serious note, with the wonders of the Internet, you don't necessarily need to travel in order to learn new things and perspectives. But travelling is better and more fun Thumbsup

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
27-03-2013, 10:05 AM
(27-03-2013 09:52 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 09:36 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I made a sarcastic remark on culture which you took issue with. So, seeing as how I might of offended you, I apologized. So it had nothing to do with you being " a delicate little flower" and everything to do with the fact that when one person offends another then it is socially and morally acceptable to apologize for that offense in my opinion.
Relax, cub, I was never offended in the first place. [Image: LaieA_036.gif]

[Image: 1341545549926_9807369.png]

On a more serious note, with the wonders of the Internet, you don't necessarily need to travel in order to learn new things and perspectives. But travelling is better and more fun Thumbsup

The one thing that I hate about the internet though is that you miss half the conversation. What is it they say, body language makes up half of communication ( don't quote me on that). So most of the time your left with only part of a message.

Anyway, at the risk of derailing this thread of our ambassador of China here I'm going to shut up.Tongue

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
27-03-2013, 10:13 AM
(27-03-2013 10:05 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  The one thing that I hate about the internet though is that you miss half the conversation. What is it they say, body language makes up half of communication ( don't quote me on that). So most of the time your left with only part of a message.

Anyway, at the risk of derailing this thread of our ambassador of China here I'm going to shut up.Tongue
Actually, this is what the "experts" have to say about it: Only a small percentage of communication involves actual words: 7%, to be exact. In fact, 55% of communication is visual (body language, eye contact) and 38% is vocal (pitch, speed, volume, tone of voice). Only thing I took from the training for a job I quit after 3 days (of training).

Anyway, not to worry, people misread each other (both unwillingly and on purpose) in real-life interaction, too.

Okay, with this out of the way, the thread can now get rerailed. Rolleyes

27-03-2013, 10:37 AM
(27-03-2013 10:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  Okay, with this out of the way, the thread can now get rerailed. Rolleyes

I find it quite familiar. In forums I frequent here in China, it's quite common when somebody open a thread with subject A discussions that followed will jump to subject B, C ... and sometimes to Z ...

27-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Interesting enough to note that the plight of a Chinese coal miner has not substantially changed between 1960s "Communist" China and 2010s "(less) Communist" China. Except that now organizations like the CLB can provide legal assistance without having to worry about being arrested and thrown in a dank prison cell... Or sent to join the coal miners they might try to help.

Communists and Anarcho Syndicalists (the people currently running the US Libertarian party) have this in common: they both claim that their system is the ideal way to run a country, and the only reason it hasn't worked in the past is because it wasn't real Communism or real laissez-faire capitalism. And yet, I see countries essentially owned by corporations, and I see countries where the government owns everything. Which is exactly what is argued for by the parties involved. In each case the utopian dream was "ruined"--because people acted like people.

You both depend on human beings universally sharing your dream and acting like decent folk. You need to find a better way to do it, because thus far traditional agitprop has resulted in nothing but a feeding frenzy for sociopaths and monsters, where it has accomplished anything at all.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-03-2013, 11:03 AM
(27-03-2013 10:52 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  You both depend on human beings universally sharing your dream and acting like decent folk. You need to find a better way to do it, because thus far traditional agitprop has resulted in nothing but a feeding frenzy for sociopaths and monsters, where it has accomplished anything at all.

Like I said in the beginning, I am here to share information if folks are interested. And I am doing it so well that just what I wanted it to be. You can hunt elsewhere for your "traditional agitprop" prey.

Good night!

27-03-2013, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 11:23 AM by Vera.)
I think Phaedrus pretty much nailed it. Everyone keeps talking about this or that system being fucked up. And who created this or that system? Systems are products of people, not the other way around.

Okay, some systems are so horrendous and some people - so susceptible that the opposite becomes true and people do become the product of the system.

And yet, a system cannot change on its own or upgrade itself. What needs to change first is not the system, but people. And if history has taught us anything, it's that this change cannot come about through violence and before the majority of people are ready for it. So we can talk about systems till we're blue in the face, may come up with all sorts of nice-sounding utopias, but everything will remain the same until we realise that it's us that need to change first.

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
27-03-2013, 11:29 AM
(27-03-2013 11:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think Phaedrus pretty much nailed it. Everyone keeps talking about this or that system being fucked up. And who created this or that system? Systems are products of people, not the other way around.

Okay, some systems are so horrendous and some people - so susceptible that the opposite becomes true and people do become the product of the system.

And yet, a system cannot change on its own or upgrade itself. What needs to change first is not the system, but people. And if history has taught us anything, it's that this change cannot come about through violence and before the majority of people are ready for it. So we can talk about systems till we're blue in the face, may come up with all sorts of nice-sounding utopias, but everything will remain the same until we realise that it's us that need to change first.

I have a Confucius' saying similar to what you said. "If the multitudes are ready to cooperate, tell them to come along. If they are nor ready, enlighten and educate them, till they are ready."

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post