Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
27-03-2013, 11:40 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) COMMUNIST ! ! !
(27-03-2013 11:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think Phaedrus pretty much nailed it. Everyone keeps talking about this or that system being fucked up. And who created this or that system? Systems are products of people, not the other way around.

Okay, some systems are so horrendous and some people - so susceptible that the opposite becomes true and people do become the product of the system.

And yet, a system cannot change on its own or upgrade itself. What needs to change first is not the system, but people. And if history has taught us anything, it's that this change cannot come about through violence and before the majority of people are ready for it. So we can talk about systems till we're blue in the face, may come up with all sorts of nice-sounding utopias, but everything will remain the same until we realise that it's us that need to change first.

This kinda brings up the chicken/egg dichotomy that I talked with another user about. We need to change our environment ( in a broad sense things like education, social interaction, and even trade) in order to get people to think differently, but in order to change these things we need to think differently.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 11:41 AM
My agitprop comment was not directed at you in particular. Just in general, it seems to me that every Communist revolution enacted so far has been started by bourgeoisie intellectuals using agitprop to tell the proletariat that they should support a Communist revolution. Then the proletariat rebel, and the bourgeoisie start a government, and then they make a police force, and then they build work camps...

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-03-2013, 12:11 PM
(27-03-2013 11:41 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  My agitprop comment was not directed at you in particular. Just in general, it seems to me that every Communist revolution enacted so far has been started by bourgeoisie intellectuals using agitprop to tell the proletariat that they should support a Communist revolution. Then the proletariat rebel, and the bourgeoisie start a government, and then they make a police force, and then they build work camps...

Interestingly, there are some active verified Weibo (Chinese version of Twitter) users in China who label themselves as public intellectuals call for sympathy and support in the battle for influence against the government and their opponents in the Party. What are their slogans? Freedom! Democracy! Right to dismiss high ranking official when the media demands.

One such ignorant "public intellectual" said "if you don't support me and democracy, when democracy comes, you and your family shall be hang by the street lamps."

Alas, people are people and greed is greed, whatever name it adopts. Be it communism, freedom or democracy, it always is the same.

Want something? Then do something.
27-03-2013, 12:19 PM
(27-03-2013 12:11 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 11:41 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  My agitprop comment was not directed at you in particular. Just in general, it seems to me that every Communist revolution enacted so far has been started by bourgeoisie intellectuals using agitprop to tell the proletariat that they should support a Communist revolution. Then the proletariat rebel, and the bourgeoisie start a government, and then they make a police force, and then they build work camps...

Interestingly, there are some active verified Weibo (Chinese version of Twitter) users in China who label themselves as public intellectuals call for sympathy and support in the battle for influence against the government and their opponents in the Party. What are their slogans? Freedom! Democracy! Right to dismiss high ranking official when the media demands.

One such ignorant "public intellectual" said "if you don't support me and democracy, when democracy comes, you and your family shall be hang by the street lamps."

Alas, people are people and greed is greed, whatever name it adopts. Be it communism, freedom or democracy, it always is the same.

You do realize that you are Communist in name only. China does not practice Communism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-03-2013, 12:47 PM
How much does the recent trend for the corporate intrests that have proped up the chinesse trade inballance leaving china for greener pastures in other SE Asian countries worry you or is this just a natural progression from outside intrest to more chinesse owned industries filling the gap?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Oh My God Big Grin We finally made it to Confucius say Smile Smile Smile

My favourite one... OK I've got two favourites...

Confucius say "Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok"...

and

Confucious say "Man conceived in back seat of automatic car will always be a shiftless bastard"...

OK they're both not very good... I'll shut up now Shy

Oh... Hey Hu, or is it OK to call you Junyuan ? How do you write your name ?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2013, 03:26 PM
(27-03-2013 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh My God Big Grin We finally made it to Confucius say Smile Smile Smile

My favourite one... OK I've got two favourites...

Confucius say "Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok"...

and

Confucious say "Man conceived in back seat of automatic car will always be a shiftless bastard"...

OK they're both not very good... I'll shut up now Shy

Oh... Hey Hu, or is it OK to call you Junyuan ? How do you write your name ?

My main question is , "do Chinese people go out for 'Chinese' (food)" ?
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Ask a (GASP) COMMUNIST ! ! !
(27-03-2013 07:37 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 07:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  Which I hadn't heard (of) before. So thanks, dogs and Chinese communists. :yes:

No Big Rock Candy Mountain?? You my friend have got to see O Brother Where Art Thou!!! Missing out on important culture stuff here.

I feel the only version anyone need be familiar with is by Burl Ives. Give it a listen.
27-03-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 04:56 PM by Mr Woof.)
(27-03-2013 11:29 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 11:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think Phaedrus pretty much nailed it. Everyone keeps talking about this or that system being fucked up. And who created this or that system? Systems are products of people, not the other way around.

Okay, some systems are so horrendous and some people - so susceptible that the opposite becomes true and people do become the product of the system.

And yet, a system cannot change on its own or upgrade itself. What needs to change first is not the system, but people. And if history has taught us anything, it's that this change cannot come about through violence and before the majority of people are ready for it. So we can talk about systems till we're blue in the face, may come up with all sorts of nice-sounding utopias, but everything will remain the same until we realise that it's us that need to change first.

I have a Confucius' saying similar to what you said. "If the multitudes are ready to cooperate, tell them to come along. If they are nor ready, enlighten and educate them, till they are ready."

I have always had trouble differentiating between Communism and Fascism.
Mao taught that peace came from the end of a gun and in changing the "us" you refer to seems contingent on learning from the nice decent politburo people who,like the vast majority of humans, are primarily concerned with themselves.
If any political system is intrinsically rotten then on flowing benefits to the masses will always be suspect.
The peasants, radical thinkers, conservationists, artists, creative thinkers etc will always be held to account by ruling elites and communism, along with its major flirtation with capitalism, is no exception to the rule.

As for the 'want something do something line' unless expanded upon you are saying absolutely nothing.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
27-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Can I ask you non-communist questions but questions that relate to your life in China? (more interested in your icon there...)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.