Ask a Kemetic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Photo Ask a Kemetic
As many of you know, I'm no longer an atheist. I'm a Kemetic. ((Which is just a Pagan who follows a lot of Egyptian Gods. It's just a name to clarify that.))
Might come as a disappointment for a lot of you, but it's made me much happier and healthier.
I still don't know a lot for this religion but I know a bit.
Main Gods I follow:
Seth ((the main dude I follow))[Image: 2000px-Set.svg.png]
And Anubis
[Image: 2000px-Anubis_standing.svg.png]

My altar stuff: ((arrangement is different, about to move in a few months so nothing is set in stone))
[Image: tumblr_o5szozpX081ufpeobo1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_o5hzz3IYSo1ufpeobo2_1280.jpg]
so like, ask stuff

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Ask a Kemetic
Can you give a brief overview of your metaphysics and theology, if you have one?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
15-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Do you even lift?
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
15-05-2016, 01:01 PM
(15-05-2016 12:55 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Do you even lift?
Nah
(15-05-2016 12:53 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Can you give a brief overview of your metaphysics and theology, if you have one?

Right. Here you can find the general start. I'm assuming this is what you mean.
For theology,
In the kemetic "fandom" there is a joke that there's just 2 rules, 1. Offer to the Gods, 2. Don't be a dick. ((There is the rules of Ma'at, which most of it is reasonable. They can be found here. And I assume it will be mentioned again, if you break one at one point in your life you aren't doomed. If you try to better yourself and uphold Ma'at to the best of your ability that is what counts. ))

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-05-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm not disappointed. I love to learn about different people's views.

- Why did you start worshiping Egyptian gods? (I don't mean this in a rude way.)

- What are things that you do for worship?

- Do you pray? Is there a certain way to do it?

- What happens after death?

-Where did you get those cool statues? I always thought the Egyptian gods were fascinating. Probably because plenty have animal heads. Anubis and Seth are cool. I also thought Horus was interesting.

☆☆☆
15-05-2016, 01:08 PM
(15-05-2016 01:03 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm not disappointed. I love to learn about different people's views.

- Why did you start worshiping Egyptian gods? (I don't mean this in a rude way.)

- What are things that you do for worship?

- Do you pray? Is there a certain way to do it?

- What happens after death?

-Where did you get those cool statues? I always thought the Egyptian gods were fascinating. Probably because plenty have animal heads. Anubis and Seth are cool. I also thought Horus was interesting.
Hi!
Probably end of last summer is when I started.
You tend to offer things, food, items, so forth. I also draw for them a lot, which if you are interested can be found here. They mostly care that you are noticing them and trying to offer them something. It's like a gift, it's about the thought and devotion put to it.
Praying is kinda weird, there are a lot of different ways to do it, which if you want, I can show you forum topics where people discuss a 'God Phone'. (I don't have that.) It can be done via writing or thinking or speaking outloud. I tend to do it via writing and speaking. But it's not like saying a hymn, it's more like talking to the deity. Imagine you had a bad day and you are talking about some asshole that upset you to your best friend. That's kinda what it's like.
My heart will be weighed, if I'm good I go into Du'at, bad my heart / soul gets eaten or destroyed. Woopsie. Angel
Mostly ebay. The Seth statue I bought myself, he's in a container because I dropped him and he's a bit chipped. The Anubis statue where he is laying down was from a friend, and the other Anubis statue (the tiny one) is from an old Japan Game piece.
The large one I posted is a Stargate statue I sanded down and painted to be Anubis. Also from ebay, but I bought it years ago and now the price for them has increased significantly.

15-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I've got a question. When are you going to get yourself committed? Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
15-05-2016, 01:18 PM
(15-05-2016 01:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, I've got a question. When are you going to get yourself committed? Laugh out load

probs after i go pick up the morning newspaperHobo

15-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Um. Do you like... really believe this stuff? Or is it... like... play? In your head?

I mean... do you really believe that Seth / Anubis and that crowd are actually out there?

If you do... how did you manage to convince yourself? I mean. I can't for the life of me convince myself of the reality of any God and I tried damn hard for the Christee one.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-05-2016, 01:26 PM
I like your art. It's really good.

I have a couple more questions.

- Are there certain rules or guidelines to go by?

- Have you been able to contact others who share your views? Like a Kemetic or pagan forum?

☆☆☆