Ask a Kemetic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: Ask a Kemetic
(15-05-2016 02:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So what's the deal here....? Is Prince the reincarnation of Akhenaten?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: western%20valley%20-%20King%20Akhenaten-RS.jpg]

[Image: Header-Prince-628x378.jpg]

[Image: shutterstock_198945728-599x600.jpg]

(15-05-2016 02:33 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Why did you pick this religion over other religions? What makes this one more legitimate to you?

It just sorta came to me, actually. But in general, Christianity and it's brothers make me really uncomfortable, if you want to rule that out.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Evidence?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-05-2016, 03:10 PM
(15-05-2016 01:50 PM)Question Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 01:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... I firmly believe you're nuts but you seem harmless so Smile more power to you.

Fair enough. lol
You can say a lot about it, but it has improved my overall health. Before I was really tired and unhappy to the point where I would try to sleep all day and mope when I woke up.

Many mental aberrations can make one feel better. When I was involved in a New AGe church I slept better than I had before or since for all that. SO if that is the goal, have at it, good on ya etc...
15-05-2016, 03:14 PM
I think this is probably a stop on your journey of exploration. Lots of people do this sort of thing.

So, is it the praying that makes you feel better?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Do you proselytize? Even if you don't actively seek to convert potential followers, do you think some people need your faith or would benefit from your faith in any way that they can't manage without your belief system?
15-05-2016, 03:54 PM
(15-05-2016 12:49 PM)Question Wrote:  As many of you know, I'm no longer an atheist. I'm a Kemetic. ((Which is just a Pagan who follows a lot of Egyptian Gods. It's just a name to clarify that.))
Might come as a disappointment for a lot of you, but it's made me much happier and healthier.
I still don't know a lot for this religion but I know a bit.
Main Gods I follow:
Seth ((the main dude I follow))[Image: 2000px-Set.svg.png]
And Anubis
[Image: 2000px-Anubis_standing.svg.png]

My altar stuff: ((arrangement is different, about to move in a few months so nothing is set in stone))
[Image: tumblr_o5szozpX081ufpeobo1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_o5hzz3IYSo1ufpeobo2_1280.jpg]
so like, ask stuff
We'll pray for you!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
15-05-2016, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2016 04:32 PM by Question.)
(15-05-2016 03:01 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Evidence?

[Image: All-Seeing-Eye.jpg]

(15-05-2016 03:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think this is probably a stop on your journey of exploration. Lots of people do this sort of thing.

So, is it the praying that makes you feel better?

Not just that, the whole thing works that way. Praying, offering, working to do something for a deity and the community all have helped.
(15-05-2016 03:39 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Do you proselytize? Even if you don't actively seek to convert potential followers, do you think some people need your faith or would benefit from your faith in any way that they can't manage without your belief system?

The biggest thing I like about this religion, is it's really personal. (Sure, there's Kemetic Orthodox, which I don't partake in) I truly don't care to spread my beliefs. If someone wants to learn about it, they can ask and I will talk about it. I'm sure the deities would like more followers but it's not my place to pester people about it. My experience and happiness in the religion doesn't really suggest that the faith would make everyone happy. Many people live without faith and a lot do better without it.
So to answer you question, no. No one needs to convert.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
15-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Can you drink and play cards ?
Does Seth (at TTA) know about this ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-05-2016, 04:36 PM
(15-05-2016 04:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Can you drink and play cards ?

What he doesn't know won't hurt himConsider

[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
15-05-2016, 04:41 PM
(15-05-2016 04:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Can you drink and play cards ?

Nobody can drink and play cards well!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post