Ask a Kemetic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Ask a Kemetic
(15-05-2016 06:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 05:12 PM)Question Wrote:  -Yep!
-They like all pets!
-However you want. A lot of the religion is just between you and your deities. A lot of it is up to you to research / set things up.

Sad

[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]

Set really fucking loves lettuce. Like, fucking loves salad. Also likes Big Red. I also give him rocks because they are cheap.
Anubis really just takes whatever I give him. I tend to do more things devoted to him. (IE Reading)

You know what?....I think I like you and your god. Your god who fucking loves lettuce and fucking loves salad and Big fucking Red. Sounds like a placid, laid-back god. This god rocks....and you give him rocks so he a double rockin god. Thumbsup

[Image: tumblr_n2bzcm1Awf1sbleazo1_500.gif]
Quote:- How did the Egyptian gods reveal themselves to you?

He appeared in all of my thoughts, dreams, was really annoying. It's like having a song stuck in your head, just for an entire week. When I started to indulge (by researching him) he let up a little.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
15-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Come on, this isn't even fair. You can't expect me to read all this stuff and not point out how batshit crazy it is. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
15-05-2016, 06:57 PM
(15-05-2016 06:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Come on, this isn't even fair. You can't expect me to read all this stuff and not point out how batshit crazy it is. Dodgy

Angel

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-05-2016, 06:58 PM
- Were you reluctant at first?

☆☆☆
15-05-2016, 06:58 PM
(15-05-2016 06:58 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  - We're you reluctant at first?

Very. Was still an atheist at that point

15-05-2016, 07:19 PM
(15-05-2016 06:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Come on, this isn't even fair. You can't expect me to read all this stuff and not point out how batshit crazy it is. Dodgy

Did your sense of humor take a vacation?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-05-2016, 07:24 PM
(15-05-2016 12:49 PM)Question Wrote:  As many of you know, I'm no longer an atheist. I'm a Kemetic. [...]

Uh... no I didn't know. Assuming that you're serious with this decision to follow Kemeticism (a quasi-revivalist form of ancient Egyptian religion), I'm sorry that you've forgone your atheism, and "reconverted" to the other side, so to speak. My personal opinion is (of course) that you've made entirely the wrong decision with this, but then at a base level, at least, I respect your decision as a rational human being to do so.

Having said that, I'm a little concerned at the longer-term personal motives of Tamara Siuda (or Her Holiness, Sekhenet-Ma'at-Ra Hekatawy, as she styles herself) who literally reconstructed this pseudo-religion only some 25 years ago in the US (where else LOL) as a 19-year-old student. She also describes herself as "an initiated priestess in Haitian Voodoo"—which immediately sounds my alarm bells.

Regardless of its ethics, philosophies, or morals, Kemeticism still retains a belief in, or acceptance of, the existence of supernatural entities—just as Christianity or Islam or Baha'i or any other theistic religion does. Siuda has also authored a "prayer" book and you can purchase a signed(!) copy for a mere $46.

So, Question... can you confirm that you now believe in the existence of supernatural entities, and what specific, empirical evidence do you have to support this belief? Have any of your prayers been answered, and in what manner? Also, is it possible that you're feeling better mentally simply because you've shifted some of your daily woes on to the shoulders of some imaginary sky-daddy who now figuratively bears that load?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
15-05-2016, 07:32 PM
(15-05-2016 07:24 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 12:49 PM)Question Wrote:  As many of you know, I'm no longer an atheist. I'm a Kemetic. [...]

Uh... no I didn't know. Assuming that you're serious with this decision to follow Kemeticism (a quasi-revivalist form of ancient Egyptian religion), I'm sorry that you've forgone your atheism, and "reconverted" to the other side, so to speak. My personal opinion is (of course) that you've made entirely the wrong decision with this, but then at a base level, at least, I respect your decision as a rational human being to do so.

Having said that, I'm a little concerned at the longer-term personal motives of Tamara Siuda (or Her Holiness, Sekhenet-Ma'at-Ra Hekatawy, as she styles herself) who literally reconstructed this pseudo-religion only some 25 years ago in the US (where else LOL) as a 19-year-old student. She also describes herself as "an initiated priestess in Haitian Voodoo"—which immediately sounds my alarm bells.

Regardless of its ethics, philosophies, or morals, Kemeticism still retains a belief in, or acceptance of, the existence of supernatural entities—just as Christianity or Islam or Baha'i or any other theistic religion does. Siuda has also authored a "prayer" book and you can purchase a signed(!) copy for a mere $46.

So, Question... can you confirm that you now believe in the existence of supernatural entities, and what specific, empirical evidence do you have to support this belief? Have any of your prayers been answered, and in what manner? Also, is it possible that you're feeling better mentally simply because you've shifted some of your daily woes on to the shoulders of some imaginary sky-daddy who now figuratively bears that load?

I think we might have a case of.........

[Image: pulling-your-leg.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm cool with that.
15-05-2016, 07:48 PM
(15-05-2016 07:24 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Literally have no idea who Siuda is.
Nope, can't confirm. Not enough evidence. Just myths and shit. Possibly that's what happened.