Ask a Mormon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Ask a Mormon
(15-01-2014 03:27 PM)maklelan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Seems to imply that it's more desirable to have light skin ? Are there examples of whiteys being bad and still remaining whiteys in the book of Mormon ?

Yes, the white Nephites are more wicked than the dark Lamanites for a good portion of the book, but nobody's skin changes. Jacob 3:8, however, states, "O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God." Whether this is intended to be figurative or is intended to mean that they will turn into white-skinned people in the afterlife is debated among members.

Too bad you all don't have the courage or intellectual honesty to debate that it's all complete and utter bullshit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 12:42 AM
LDS - "You see some classes of the human family that are BLACK, UNCOUTH, UNCOMELY, DISAGREEABLE and LOW in their habits, WILD, and seemingly DEPRIVED OF NEARLY ALL THE BLESSINGS OF THE INTELLIGENCE that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been KILLED, and THAT WOULD HAVE PUT A TERMINATION TO THAT LINE OF HUMAN BEINGS. This was not to be, and the Lord put A MARK upon him, which is THE FLAT NOSE AND BLACK SKIN. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race -- that they should be the "servants of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed; and the Abolitionists cannot help it, nor in the least alter that decree." LDS "Prophet" Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, p. 290, 1859.

LDS - "Though he was a rebel and an ASSOCIATE OF LUCIFER IN PRE-EXISTENCE, ...Cain managed to attain the privilege of mortal birth.... [H]e came out in open rebellion, fought God, worshiped Lucifer, and slew Abel.... AS A RESULT OF HIS REBELLION, CAIN WAS CURSED WITH A DARK SKIN; HE BECAME THE FATHER OF THE NEGROES, and THOSE SPIRITS WHO ARE NOT WORTHY to receive the priesthood are born through his lineage." LDS "Apostle" Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 108-109, 1966 edition.

LDS - "...[F]rom Ham sprang the race which preserved the curse in the land." LDS Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 1:24.

LDS - "Noah's son Ham married Egyptus, a descendant of Cain, thus preserving the Negro lineage through the flood." LDS "Apostle" Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 527, 1966 edition.

LDS - "And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham's wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that THE DEVIL SHOULD HAVE A REPRESENTATION UPON THE EARTH as well as God...." LDS "Prophet" John Taylor, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 22, p. 304, 1881.
Note: Taylor claimed that blacks were Satan's representatives on Earth.

LDS - "Ham will continue to be servant of servants, as the Lord decreed, until the curse is removed. Will the present struggle [the U.S. civil war] free the slave? No.... Can you destroy the decrees of the Almighty? You cannot." LDS "Prophet" Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, p. 250, 1863.

LDS - "For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a BLACKNESS came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were DESPISED AMONG ALL PEOPLE." LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8.

LDS - "And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all people, SAVE IT WERE THE PEOPLE OF CANAAN, to repent." LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:12. Note: Mormonism long considered blacks unworthy of its missionary efforts, essentially unworthy of the Gospel message.

LDS - "The gospel message of salvation is NOT CARRIED AFFIRMATIVELY TO THEM [blacks]...." LDS "Apostle" Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 527, 1966 edition.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
16-01-2014, 03:22 AM
Apology and Clarification
To everyone interested in the "Ask a Mormon" Thread. I need to apologize. I posted a 12 point bullet post entitled "12 Reasons You Should Reject Mormonism" here on the thread. After doing so, I realized that the nature of the post, as my opinion only, made it necessary to post a different thread altogether. Although it is still posted here, I would prefer if it were known that it is an opinion, not fact concerning what Mormons actually believe. (If anyone knows how to delete a post, I would like to know.)

It would be my pleasure to invite Meklelan, Alla, and any other Mormons, or ex-mormons to join me here to answer questions about Mormonism, and give our opinions along the way.

Thank You.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
16-01-2014, 08:09 AM
(15-01-2014 03:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 03:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  So it seems to be clear that white skin is regarded as a good thing at any rate ? Whether in this life or the next.

I don't get it. How do you read verses like this and not see them as overtly racist ? Why is God monkeying with peoples' skin colour in the first place ? It seems senseless... like most of religion in my experience.
There is nothing wrong with dark skin color. God gave different color of the skin to separate the seed of the Lamanites from seed of the Nephites.
Skin color is not for the purpose of hatred.

Except there never were any Lamanites or Nephites. So, try again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Dark Phoenix,
I would think most folks here understand your comments do represent your opinion and your experiences, so don't worry too much about the obviously vibrant discussion it kicked off. First hand experience hold a lot of weight with me so I appreciate the honest and personal evaluation. Then again, it is not the subjective views ,but it is the objective view that is easy to base an outsider's view upon. What Raptor posted just above here is enough ( along with many other aspect I have learned) to dismiss the theology as crap.

Go to the doctrines, laws, rules, and scriptures and make a determination. Hell, if my employee handbook at work contained some of the verbage in the BoM, I would think differently about my company and anybody who defends the statements.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
16-01-2014, 02:24 PM
(15-01-2014 09:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Alla = Fucking racist sow.
Taqiyya Mockingbird=playing race card
Racists are the ones who call others racists so nobody will suspect them.
Shame on you.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-01-2014, 02:27 PM
(16-01-2014 08:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 03:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is nothing wrong with dark skin color. God gave different color of the skin to separate the seed of the Lamanites from seed of the Nephites.
Skin color is not for the purpose of hatred.

Except there never were any Lamanites or Nephites. So, try again.
I don't believe you.
I believe testimonies of the witnesses.

16-01-2014, 02:30 PM
(16-01-2014 03:22 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  To everyone interested in the "Ask a Mormon" Thread. I need to apologize. I posted a 12 point bullet post entitled "12 Reasons You Should Reject Mormonism" here on the thread. After doing so, I realized that the nature of the post, as my opinion only, made it necessary to post a different thread altogether. Although it is still posted here, I would prefer if it were known that it is an opinion, not fact concerning what Mormons actually believe. (If anyone knows how to delete a post, I would like to know.)

It would be my pleasure to invite Meklelan, Alla, and any other Mormons, or ex-mormons to join me here to answer questions about Mormonism, and give our opinions along the way.

Thank You.
Dark Phoenix, brother, I don't mind talking to you. By the way I asked you a question before. It is lost somewhere. Remember you asked me about if I believe everything that prophets say? I answered your question and asked mine.Smile

16-01-2014, 02:32 PM
(16-01-2014 02:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe testimonies of the witnesses.

Could your beliefs be wrong ? Don't you ever doubt if they are true ? You are trusting these unknown guys with a lot... what makes them so deserving of your trust ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-01-2014, 02:50 PM
(16-01-2014 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 02:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe testimonies of the witnesses.
Could your beliefs be wrong ?
Yes, if they lie.
(16-01-2014 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Don't you ever doubt if they are true ?
Not anymore. I trust their words.

(16-01-2014 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  You are trusting these unknown guys with a lot... what makes them so deserving of your trust ?
First, Spirit testifies to me that their words are true. I trust His(Spirit's) testimony.
Second, modern Prophets testify it is true. They are also witnesses of God. Why do I trust them? I know their fruits. Their fruits are good. Honesty and integrity are few of them. And Spirit testifies to me about them.