Ask a Mormon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: Ask a Mormon
(20-01-2014 01:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 02:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  I assume a personal revelation is a thought or voice in your head. How do you make the distinction between your own mind producing messages, and a God's revelation?

I've already asked her that question before and never got an answer.

Are the practicing Mormons answering anymore questions on this thread or is the Q&A all over? (I know what DP would have say)

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2014, 05:19 PM
(18-01-2014 02:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  I assume a personal revelation is a thought or voice in your head. How do you make the distinction between your own mind producing messages, and a God's revelation?
I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.
But instead you want to rely on my word.
It is more important to receive your own revelation that you may KNOW instead of asking a stranger what revelation is. Smile

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
20-01-2014, 05:50 PM
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.
It is more important to receive your own revelation that you may KNOW instead of asking a stranger what revelation is. Smile

So, somebody asking a question means that they aren't searching for an answer.
Your logic is astounding.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
20-01-2014, 06:00 PM
(20-01-2014 05:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.

So, somebody asking a question means that they aren't searching for an answer.

I think the key word in the original question is **personal** - ie personal revelation. I think that's what Alla means.
I don't think she meant to be lippy or snarky or illogical about it.

I'm trying to switch gears here and work a bit better at reading Alla-ism.

In my own logical/sometimes illogical mind a personal revelation for me couldn't Be answered by someone else.
BUT
that's not really his question. He said:

"" I assume a personal revelation is a thought or voice in your head. How do you make the distinction between your own mind producing messages, and a God's revelation?""

He was asking how SHE (Alla) got from A to B. And how she distinguished her own voice in her head from God's voice. All good questions.

But Alla misunderstood the question.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
20-01-2014, 06:01 PM
(20-01-2014 06:00 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, somebody asking a question means that they aren't searching for an answer.

I think the key word in the original question is **personal** - ie personal revelation. I think that's what Alla means.

In my own logical/sometimes illogical mind a personal revelation for me couldn't Be answered by someone else.
BUT

"" I assume a personal revelation is a thought or voice in your head. How do you make the distinction between your own mind producing messages, and a God's revelation?""

He was asking how SHE (Alla) got from A to B. And how she distinguished her own voice in her head from God's voice. All good questions.

There's another gear shit we seem to be missing between what we ask Alla and what she reads and hears us say.

20-01-2014, 06:02 PM
(20-01-2014 06:00 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, somebody asking a question means that they aren't searching for an answer.

BUT

It wasn't that difficult a question...

Maybe I'm just being extra cantankerous 'cause I just woke up...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-01-2014, 06:07 PM
(20-01-2014 06:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 06:00 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I think the key word in the original question is **personal** - ie personal revelation. I think that's what Alla means.

BUT

It wasn't that difficult a question...

No I don't see it's that difficult a question either.

Couple days ago I went back to where I'd conversed with Alla and I noticed a breakdown of communication - in fact, a pretty serious one. I'm no expert so I'm not sure what's causing it. But there's a rift between what she says and what we read and what We say and what she reads.
kinda sad

20-01-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2014 06:20 PM by Free Thought.)
(20-01-2014 06:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 06:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It wasn't that difficult a question...

No I don't see it's that difficult a question either.

Couple days ago I went back to where I'd conversed with Alla and I noticed a breakdown of communication - in fact, a pretty serious one. I'm no expert so I'm not sure what's causing it. But there's a rift between what she says and what we read and what We say and what she reads.
kinda sad

Don't know about you, but I take pretty much everything literally, spoken or written. I find if everybody spoke with the intent of being taken literally, far less room for confusing interpretation and misunderstanding exists.

20-01-2014, 06:57 PM
(20-01-2014 06:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 06:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  No I don't see it's that difficult a question either.

kinda sad

Don't know about you, but I take pretty much everything literally, spoken or written. I find if everybody spoke with the intent of being taken literally, far less room for confusing interpretation and misunderstanding exists.

I agree. But I guess not everyone speaks/types that way in forums.Unsure

20-01-2014, 07:09 PM
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  

OH, look -- yet another dodge from the resident proselytroll.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop