Ask a Mormon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Ask a Mormon
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 02:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  I assume a personal revelation is a thought or voice in your head. How do you make the distinction between your own mind producing messages, and a God's revelation?
I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.
But instead you want to rely on my word.
It is more important to receive your own revelation that you may KNOW instead of asking a stranger what revelation is. Smile

I am not seeking a revelation, I am seeking an answer to my question to you, and yes I need to rely on your word for the answer. What is your definition of a revelation and how do you identify a revelation from god?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
20-01-2014, 09:42 PM
(20-01-2014 07:15 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.
It is more important to receive your own revelation that you may KNOW instead of asking a stranger what revelation is. Smile

I am not seeking a revelation, I am seeking an answer to my question to you, and yes I need to rely on your word for the answer. What is your definition of a revelation and how do you identify a revelation from god?

She can't give you an answer, therefore God... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-01-2014, 09:51 PM
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 02:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  I assume a personal revelation is a thought or voice in your head. How do you make the distinction between your own mind producing messages, and a God's revelation?
I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.

You need to have a revelation of Thor. I don't need to explain why. If you really wanted to know you would honestly try. Checkmate!

20-01-2014, 09:56 PM
(20-01-2014 09:51 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't have to tell you what it is. Let me tell you why. If you really wanted to know the answer to this question you would seek it yourself.

You need to have a revelation of Thor. I don't need to explain why. If you really wanted to know you would honestly try. Checkmate!

LOL Sometimes we are just funny AND mean around here.
Hey I had a personal revelation *with* Odin. Does that count for much in this? Does that mean I've a dog in this fight?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
20-01-2014, 10:17 PM
(20-01-2014 09:56 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 09:51 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  You need to have a revelation of Thor. I don't need to explain why. If you really wanted to know you would honestly try. Checkmate!

LOL Sometimes we are just funny AND mean around here.
Hey I had a personal revelation *with* Odin. Does that count for much in this? Does that mean I've a dog in this fight?

Yes, that does work. Odin is the 'All Father' after all.

20-01-2014, 10:22 PM
(20-01-2014 09:56 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  LOL Sometimes we are just funny AND mean around here.

Depends. Are you going to start waxing poetic and making claims to knowledge about the state of the universe, ultimately resting all such claims on your personal revelation, then either refusing or being unable to distinguish how you determine the difference between your own voices in your head and those put there by Odin?

If that's the case, you might want to get your warhammer out and start smiting unbelievers; in which case I humbly suggest you start with Alla first. I am but a modest skeptic, she on the other hand is an infidel; professing faith in a false god... Tongue

20-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I believe in Beta Ray Bill.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
20-01-2014, 10:43 PM
(20-01-2014 10:25 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I believe in Beta Ray Bill.

AKA Alien Thor

[Image: 1353584-thor_and_bill.jpg]

Guess which one is Bill...

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2014, 06:36 AM
(20-01-2014 10:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Depends. Are you going to start waxing poetic and making claims to knowledge about the state of the universe, ultimately resting all such claims on your personal revelation, then either refusing or being unable to distinguish how you determine the difference between your own voices in your head and those put there by Odin?

If that's the case, you might want to get your warhammer out and start smiting unbelievers; in which case I humbly suggest you start with Alla first. I am but a modest skeptic, she on the other hand is an infidel; professing faith in a false god... Tongue

Uh...........No.

And that smiting business is a hateful one if you ask me. Smite someone then claim love? Naaaa Odin's smarter than that.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Well I did follow the advice to take a "seek and ye shall find" approach, and arrived at the following revelations (they came to me so easy and fast it was a miracle!):

1.) wasting my friggin time asking for honest reasons
2.) it is all a load of crap
3.) always refer to revelations #1 and #2 when the urge to ask honest questions arises

IT WORKED!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —