Ask a Muslim "Scholar"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 06:24 AM by Jackrabbit.)
Ask a Muslim "Scholar"
So there's a chance that im going to interview a muslim sheikh/apologist soon on camera.this guy /watch?v=7nlPF-ePq5E&feature=relmfu
one of the modern ones that make out islam to be all fluffy and beautiful
and so i wanted to get some questions from an international perspective
so type in all your questions no matter how much you have or how hard hitting they are.
also feel free to leave a name/nickname and a country. in the end i will post the vid youtube without michael mooring that shit.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 07:04 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim "Scholar"
Cool.
I saw a debate ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTYrjFE6Rcg ) from the UK with moderate muslims.
There was a question that was not asked but I see it as key...
1) If Sharia is so compatible with the international human rights convention why do we need both?
2) If, as was being argued (as with secular laws), Sharia is not the problem but it's the implementation of it in Iran etc. that's the problem, if we had to choose just one approach (secular or Sharia) why choose the one that is unchangeable (cos it comes from the word of god) and misinterpreted rather than the one that has built in evolution and correction processes.

Also, ask about the verses of the Quran that advocate lying to the infidel i.e. how can we believe a word of his responses in your interview.

Ask what he thinks of the way christians / creationist backward engineer the bible to make genesis (Eden, flood etc) fit the facts and then ask about Maurice Bucaille and this guy who's name I forget ( http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=z5rNtEdptaY ). The point being, why is this approach defensible compared to the scientific method. And if he defends it ask him to predict the next few scientific discoveries and point to the passages of the Quran that will support them when they occur.

Cheers
DLJ
19-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I also plan on bringing up Evolution since it's almost completely ignored in the Arab world.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
19-02-2012, 07:37 AM
I have one question Smile

Ask him: "Do you believe that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are compatible? In the sense that do you believe that they are essentially the same - same Gods, similar rules, similar traditions?"

If yes, then why is there still disharmony among the three religions, even among the moderate believers?

Thank you so much!

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
19-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I want to know if he supports the idea of stoning people to death and what he would consider to be a crime worthy of such a death.

For instance:
adultery
apostasy
insulting Islam / Allah

are any of these crimes worthy of death?

I have also heard that women have an absolutely shitty deal in most Muslim countries. What does he think of

gay people?
women voting, having positions of power, telling men what to do, wearing whatever they like?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Does he believe Islam must eradicate all other religions in order to be faithful to Allah, and if so, why is Islam true while other religions are not?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Why does Islam treat women differently from men?
19-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Why does Islam seem to hate everyone that doesn't believe in the Islamic faith?
Why is it so forbidden to picture Mohammed face?

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
19-02-2012, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 01:09 PM by Chas.)
Ask him:
Does he understand that my only rational reaction to Islam's threats of death is to arm myself and prepare to fight for my life?

Can he see that non-Muslim citizens of liberal democracies will never accept sharia law? And that sharia law cannot co-exist with the laws of liberal democracies?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Some very nice questions, Keep em coming Smile