Ask a Muslim "Scholar"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 04:54 PM
RE: Ask a Muslim "Scholar"
(19-02-2012 07:28 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I also plan on bringing up Evolution since it's almost completely ignored in the Arab world.

That's because evolution is not relevant in Islam’s quest to be the world dominant religion, again...according to them.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 04:59 PM
For the umpteenth time now, I want to know if Islam considers interest rates > 0% usury and if so, how do practicing muslims reconcile this when buying houses and cars? You pay for them in cash?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-02-2012, 05:08 PM
(19-02-2012 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For the umpteenth time now, I want to know if Islam considers interest rates > 0% usury and if so, how do practicing muslims reconcile this when buying houses and cars? You pay for them in cash?

I answered that in a previous post btw but i can't seem to find it
so im gonna post a reply for that point in a different thread so we dont derail this one.
but 2morrow morning cuz im gonna sleep now Smile

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
19-02-2012, 08:41 PM
(19-02-2012 05:08 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For the umpteenth time now, I want to know if Islam considers interest rates > 0% usury and if so, how do practicing muslims reconcile this when buying houses and cars? You pay for them in cash?

Yeah, me neither.

19-02-2012, 08:46 PM
(19-02-2012 05:08 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  

so im gonna post a reply for that point in a different thread so we dont derail this one.
but 2morrow morning cuz im gonna sleep now Smile

This is what GM is up to right now

[Image: Zn8nf.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
19-02-2012, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 09:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-02-2012 08:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  This is what GM is up to right now

I fear we risk pigs on the wing, brother.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-02-2012, 12:42 AM
(19-02-2012 04:54 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 07:28 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I also plan on bringing up Evolution since it's almost completely ignored in the Arab world.

That's because evolution is not relevant in Islam’s quest to be the world dominant religion, again...according to them.

Didn't our long lost friend abelz or whatever, say that evolution was discovered by Muslims?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Questions about women in the Muslim culture:

1. What do Muslims teach to children (boys) about women?
2. Why are women treated just better (I guess) than a dog?
3. Why do women accept those rules? Are they afraid of god or men or both?
4. Do ex-muslims still treat women the same as actual Muslims?

Note regarding #2: I made that comparison because of all videos I've seen.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Since many Muslims are very aware that science and technology have been key strategies to success in the West, they seem fairly eager to harness technology to present a more "modern" version of Muslim culture. However, most are reluctant to allow science to become independent of religion, and are not only suspicious of proposed "Westernization" but are downright hostile to any possibility of a secular point of view within the realm of science.

Ask him: Why not separate science from religion? Religious belief would become of greater importance to Muslim culture, while Muslims would be able to pull science and therefore technology, into the twenty first century without fear of "Westernization".

Ask him: Why is it imperative to rely on the Quran as the only source of acceptance of scientific possibilities? It seems that if a scientific theory is not somehow accepted in this 1400 year old book, it is rejected(by Muslims) or altered to adhere to the accepted standard of that book.

It seems that an independent religion would greatly strengthen Muslim culture, and fostering the independence of science would bolster a modern Muslim technology. Islam would experience and create "modernity" on it's own terms.
Thanks! Smile

I guess for now, I would ask only the broad questions and request addressing of extreme cultural details another time. It would be enough for any culture to separate it's science from it's faith. Baby steps. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein