Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
19-07-2012, 03:49 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
(18-07-2012 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 04:08 AM)Humakt Wrote:  But like the evidence in a murder trial is now abosultly or incontravertibly true?

I am aware if the distinction, but has no one ever been excuted that was later "proven" innocent, do miscarriage of justice not happen, are scientific theories not expanded upon.

The point in contention is that he would only support the death penalty in case of incontravertable proof, somantically this is an absolute, because it means beyond contradiction. However as Vosur has said the law, has a threshold of proof which falls far short of absolute, so in effect to say that you support the death penalty in case where in contravertabke proof exists is to say that you condone killing someone who is believed beyond a reasonable doubt to have done what is alledged of him.
The only time I think I could be comfortable with the death penalty, is in self defence at the point of action, that is to say if you are attacked and in defending yourself your assailent dies, then thats fair enough, nature red in tooth and claw and all that. But, as soon as that not the case and you have the opportunity to calmly sit and examine the events the death penalty is a cold blooded and monstrous act, even if everyone saw the act and he cofesses and is tried on the spot in the full light of day.

That being said, I'll restate, that the objection to the death penalty for adultery as being inhuman and flat out wrong, is just a matter of degrees with the death penalty for any offence I see no difference in actuality as to what the crime is, the end result is the taking of a human and that is the most monstrous act.
You've made a very good argument. Consider
Why thank you, you flatter me Sir. Do I hear a rubuttal? Or is the smiley indicate your mulling it over?

Either way I look forward to your comments if you have any.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2012, 05:20 AM
(16-07-2012 07:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Muslims assert that Allah is a later evolution, and indeed the same divine being, (in pre Islamic times), as Yahweh, the god of the other guys, (the Patriarchs, Prophets, and Apostles...the Jewish people, and the Christians). Thus the ONLY issue is the obvious one of continuity. If Allah really IS Yahweh, then "he" is just, if not more ridiculous, than the Yahweh god, (the "God of the Armies", better known to Christians as the "Lord of Hosts"). Even some Christians attempt to say Islam is one of the three "Abrahamics". Historically, this is false.

Yahweh is easily refuted, historically. So the question is, "is Allah, (Ilah) a DIFFERENT deity, or a continuity?". While the claim in Islam is that the deity IS a continuity, in fact it isn't. Allah, upon historical examination, proves to be a pre-Islamic deity. The continuity claim is essential if the claim to a "continuous flow" of revelation is to remain intact. Allah, historically, has been proven to be a PRE-ISLAMIC moon-god. In fact Mecca was originally built as a shrine to the moon-god. The religious claims are shredded by the archaeology, just as happens with the Yahweh claims. Allah, just as Yahweh, had a wife. He was married to the sun goddess, and the stars were the daughters. Just as Yahweh, Allah was not the only god in the house. The popularity of the moon god, began to wane, as astronomers began to predict the moon's cycle, so Arabs began to say that the moon-god was the greatest of the gods, just as Yahweh came to be seen as the one god, when in fact he was one of many. Besides the moon-god, they also worshiped 359 other known gods at the Kabah in Mecca.

The temple of the moon god remained active as a worship site well into the Christian era, and the moon god was worshiped in both North Arabia, and South Arabia in Muhammad's day, and was still the dominant cult. The name of the moon god was "Sin", but it's title was al-ilah, which meant "the deity", (emphasis on "the"), ie meaning this deity was the chief among the gods. The god Il, or "Ilah", was a PHASE of the moon god. Allah was a popular name. Muhammad's father and uncle had "Allah", as part of their names. Allah is NEVER defined in the Qur'an. Why ? Because Muhammad was raised in the cult of the moon-god, and he assumed that everyone already knew who he was. Muhammad just went the extra step, (as the later Jews did), and said he was one of many, then was first of many, then the only.

The claim that Allah IS Yahweh is nonsense. Islam is a moon-god cult, AND even if Allah were Yahweh, since Yahweh is nonsense, so is Allah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZY2eeozdo8
Thanks for that. I'm learning
20-07-2012, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 02:06 PM by Internet Mullah.)
(04-06-2012 12:20 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Internet Mullah, I hope you haven't blown yourself up!

No, and I never will. Wink

Well, guys, my intermission from this forum was longer than I expected. The reason for that is because my mother had a surgery where she had some stuff removed from her body in order to prevent the likelihood of a cancer developing in the future (or that's what the doctors said). She was told not to walk, bend, nor move around too much for at least six weeks. At the same, my grandparents from Bangladesh came over to our house to see her daughter (my mother) and they stayed here for about two months - and, worst of all, they were staying and sleeping in my room during their visit - which is another reason I didn't have much free time to be on the computer ... but, shit happens.

I am hoping to come back soon and then post my replies possibly around the next two weeks (around the middle of Ramadan).

Interesting comments in this thread, nonetheless. Thanks for all your input.
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Hope your mothers recovering well, definatly trumps posting in a forum.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
[+] 2 users Like Humakt's post
20-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Eish. Sorry to hear about your mother. Well, at least surgery and stuff sounds promising, hope she'll be fully well soon Smile Glad you're still around. Look forward to more of your thoughtful posts.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-07-2012, 05:57 PM
(20-07-2012 02:03 PM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 12:20 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Internet Mullah, I hope you haven't blown yourself up!

Well, guys, my intermission from this forum was longer than I expected. The reason for that is because my mother had a surgery where she had some stuff removed from her body in order to prevent the likelihood of a cancer developing in the future (or that's what the doctors said). She was told not to walk, bend, nor move around too much for at least six weeks. At the same, my grandparents from Bangladesh came over to our house to see her daughter (my mother) and they stayed here for about two months - and, worst of all, they were staying and sleeping in my room during their visit - which is another reason I didn't have much free time to be on the computer ... but, shit happens.

I am hoping to come back soon and then post my replies possibly around the next two weeks (around the middle of Ramadan).

Glad you can have a laugh. Hope your mum is ok. I am really looking forward to your comments about Bucky's post about Allah the moon god.
21-07-2012, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2012 01:05 AM by Internet Mullah.)
Mark, yes, I will surely respond to Bucky Ball's "Allah is a moon god" post once I return. I will respond to everyone else also. I have read everything posted so far.

Thanks, guys. Fortunately, my mother is almost back to normal now. She recovered quickly.
[+] 2 users Like Internet Mullah's post
21-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Good now that your back....

Do you believe in Free Will... And if ya do, Do ya believe God developed the circumstances for free will to be explioted? (Evil, Decievery?, etc?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
22-07-2012, 01:58 PM
(20-07-2012 02:03 PM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  

Mullah,

Please accept my sincere wishes for your mother's speedy recovery.

I have been in your position more times than I could count. Take good care of her. I hope your best days with her lie ahead of you.

Stay safe.
[+] 2 users Like apostasin's post
31-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Mullah,

What role did god play in the recent Aurora shootings? Per your belief system, did he plan it? Did he know in advance that it was going to happen? Did he have the power to stop it if he had desired to do so?

thanks
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post