Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
26-10-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
(16-10-2012 09:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 08:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This makes perfect scene. We know for a FACT the original conquerors did NOT insist that "Islam" be followed, or the conquered convert. All the conquerors insisted on, was monotheism.

BTW there are NO reference to Jesus either. Only "Christians". The claim that Tacitus, and all the others talk about Jesus is false.

Also the parallels to the creation of the Pentateuch as a precisely political unifying document are uncanny. The unification of the post-Exilic Israel was THE reason Ezra, and the King of Isra-El created the Torah of Moses.

I noticed their mistake about contemporary references to Jesus too. The interviewer had written a book about Catholicism so may be a biased Christian.

So....no Abraham, no Moses, a doubtful David, probably no Jesus and no Mohammed. That's a firm foundation to build religions on, isn't it! LOL.

I like your last point. In all 3 religions it is all about control.

The longer video of Spencer's is interesting. However, there are parts which have to be split out, and looked at carefully. I'll have to read the book. The notion that Islam is Abrahamic is false, as I've pointed out above. It *could* be a conflation of Arabic traditions and conflated later, as Spencer says, with a Christian tradition. What I'm saying is there is some unique Arabic material in Islam and the Qur'an, that is NOT in either Christianity or Judaism, and that is obvious. Also at 19:46 he skips over the fact that in the early conquests, there WAS no differentiation between the followers of Islam, and other monotheists. They were not considered, early on, as infidels. They were NOT required to convert. He's just wrong about the history. He may be correct about today. So it actually supports his case, but he doesn't mention it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2012, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 04:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Now, because we ALL know that the Lord of the Universe, the Creator of 600 sextillion stars, and billion upon billions of galaxies, REALLY REALLY REALLY cares about whether humans, in 2012, are STILL sacrificing sheep, cows and goats to himself, Muslims are celebrating Eid al-Adha, a remembrance of the mythical dude in Judaic history, called Abraham, who the god told to sacrifice his kid to, and almost did. They do this to make the god Yahweh happy, who had NOTHING to do with the god in their religion, (Allah), Well, today, even though the faithful are trying to control the god, the god was busy, and forgot to control the frickin cow. Just amazing. In 2012, millions of humnas are still sacrificing cattle to gods. No wonder the aliens go "pffft" when they check out this backward planet.

http://www.startribune.com/world/176092771.html

"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-10-2012, 05:14 PM
(27-10-2012 04:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Now, because we ALL know that the Lord of the Universe, the Creator of 600 sextillion stars, and billion upon billions of galaxies, REALLY REALLY REALLY cares about whether humans, in 2012, are STILL sacrificing sheep, cows and goats to himself, Muslims are celebrating Eid al-Adha, a remembrance of the mythical dude in Judaic history, called Abraham, who the god told to sacrifice his kid to, and almost did. They do this to make the god Yahweh happy, who had NOTHING to do with the god in their religion, (Allah), Well, today, even though the faithful are trying to control the god, the god was busy, and forgot to control the frickin cow. Just amazing. In 2012, millions of humnas are still sacrificing cattle to gods. No wonder the aliens go "pffft" when they check out this backward planet.

Ah! That explains it. I wondered why there was a public holiday last Friday.

27-10-2012, 05:16 PM
(27-10-2012 04:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Now, because we ALL know that the Lord of the Universe, the Creator of 600 sextillion stars, and billion upon billions of galaxies, REALLY REALLY REALLY cares about whether humans, in 2012, are STILL sacrificing sheep, cows and goats to himself, Muslims are celebrating Eid al-Adha, a remembrance of the mythical dude in Judaic history, called Abraham, who the god told to sacrifice his kid to, and almost did. They do this to make the god Yahweh happy, who had NOTHING to do with the god in their religion, (Allah), Well, today, even though the faithful are trying to control the god, the god was busy, and forgot to control the frickin cow. Just amazing. In 2012, millions of humnas are still sacrificing cattle to gods. No wonder the aliens go "pffft" when they check out this backward planet.

Sacrificing animals to the gods in the 21st century. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I must interject here and say I had a good chuckle at that article. Karma Cow; giving fuckers what they deserved.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-10-2012, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 06:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-10-2012 05:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I must interject here and say I had a good chuckle at that article. Karma Cow; giving fuckers what they deserved.

Karma Kow. I see kartoon potential here. Tongue
Could the Karma Kow please come to the kreepy Qur'an keepers kool kept kabob stand in the kaballah now, or just keep Karma kow in the korral.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I am not sure if you are making a parody of me or not.. But lets not derail this incredibly active and insightful thread, eh?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-10-2012, 07:12 PM
(27-10-2012 07:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am not sure if you are making a parody of me or not.. But lets not derail this incredibly active and insightful thread, eh?

K then. No more karma kow. (Not making parody). Just waiting for mullah man to get back here and defend this nonsense.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Eid was a mess here. The Saudis don't escape to Bahrain as much now because of the ongoing protests (which are being ignored by the media) so they come to the UAE instead, driving like clueless, drunk fuckwits in the biggest 4x4 they could get. Then there's the actual animals;

The livestock markets and surrounding streets are clogged up with office workers trying to handle uncooperative goats and smaller sacrifices, if that's anything to go by, attempting kill the things must be chaos. The government is actually asking them not to consume animals they've killed at home because of the risk of contamination so the animal's pain during the amateur butchery is now completely pointless.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 1 user Likes daylightisabadthing's post
29-10-2012, 05:22 AM
I say let them eat their meat, contaminated or no, hell I'll contaminate it for them!