Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
I think you guys scared away our Muslim friend...

That's two down. Now we just need to get rid of PJ and fix KC.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 06:57 PM
(08-06-2013 06:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I think you guys scared away our Muslim friend...

Yeah, KC's already got a couple of kids. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-06-2013, 09:23 PM
(08-06-2013 06:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 06:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I think you guys scared away our Muslim friend...

Yeah, KC's already got a couple of kids. Dodgy

Nah. PJ is fun to toy with.
It's like taking candy from a baby.
Do I feel bad about it ? No.
He asks for it. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 09:33 PM by Chas.)
(08-06-2013 09:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 06:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, KC's already got a couple of kids. Dodgy

Nah. PJ is fun to toy with.
It's like taking candy from a baby.
Do I feel bad about it ? No.
He asks for it. Weeping

You are either a sadist or lazy.Angry Hmmm, maybe just a lazy sadist. Consider

PJ stopped being fun when he showed how dishonest he is.

(First line is humor. Second line is not.)

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-06-2013, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 07:26 AM by Stephen Charchuk.)
Re: RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

That's the way with all apologists once they've been exposed and their secret released, they're nothing but liars. When they see that they can't "convince" anyone to instantly convert and "save" themselves they'll run off and say that they defeated the evil "infidels". They're never really interested in hearing the "otherside" of things because to them there is NO valid otherside.

Sent From My NEO x5....
26-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:"...Muslims believe that it is indeed one of the injunctions of of Shariah..., because it is mentioned in many of the authentic hadiths... although it is not mentioned in the Quran."
Since the source of the law is irrelevant to the person being killed - that is, they end up being murdered regardless - I'm not sure of the relevance of this distinction.

Quote:"What the Quran does include is a punishment for fornication (which is lashing them a hundred times)... So, this means that the stoning is a punishment for adultery for those who are married and the lashing (as mentioned in the Quran) is a punishment for sexual penetration between partners who are not married."
Okay, fine. Hadiths prescribe murder, and the Quran prescribes torture. And I'll grant that other laws, both religious and secular, also prescribe morally reprehensible punishments. So far I think we agree on the facts.

Quote:“And death for adultery is not something that is exclusive to Islam only, by the way, as it is also mentioned in the Bible (Leviticus, 20:10).”
Citing another travesty of justice to excuse one's own wrongs is childish moral reasoning.

Quote:But, on the other hand, I do believe that adultery is a sin, and I do not know the weight of this particular sin as God does (nor the weight of any other sin), and that's why cannot judge exactly how evil the sin is from His point of view.
You, and through your representation here, Islam, cannot judge the weight of this transgression, but it can and does impose an ultimate penalty that can never, ever be amended if your, or Islam's, judgment ever improves? Imposing ultimate punishment based on less-than-ultimate understanding is on its face unjust.

Quote:“...the death penalty is there to ensure the safety of the society...”
This fallacy in endemic to almost all societies throughout history, and it hasn't kept even ONE society safe yet. At best it encourages caution in criminals so they don't get caught, and thus compounds their crime through careful premeditation. I don't blame Islam specifically for this. I do lay the same charge of injustice at Shariah, and every other unjust system of laws.

Quote:“This punishment is enforced upon the sinners mainly for the safety of the society in the long run.”
So why aren't societies that murder transgressors safe? Again, thousands of years of history in both secular and sectarian societies show that a death penalty has not stopped murder, rape, or any other crime. By analogy, killing soldiers hasn't yet stopped the practice of war.

Quote:“Yet, there is not a single report from anyone who lived during his lifetime that he told a lie or that he was untruthful.”
He said it was just to kill people, and presumably send them on their way to eternal punishment, for some limited human crime. Imposing infinite punishment for finite crimes is unjust, and saying otherwise is a lie. Further, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I am not taking issue with the nature of adultery as a crime... I would prefer to take issue with adultery as a valid concept at all. Nor am I taking issue with imposing punishment for legitimate crimes. I do take issue with using murder, and threats of murder, as a social control measure. Dead criminals cannot learn, or teach others to do better, and denying them the opportunity is destructive of human potential.

In short, killing people is wrong, and so is any person, book, law, religion, or state, that says otherwise.
26-07-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 01:52 PM by Stephen Charchuk.)
The death penalty has never proven to be an effective deterenf to others and seems to be more of an insentive to take as many with you as you an if you have nothing to lose. Infact a long prison sentence HAS been proven to be a far more effective deterent. As an example Canada has no death penalty, and longer than average prison sentences, and has a very low murder rate (per capita) than the USA. Even in the US the difference between states that have it and those that do not is great as well. Texas executes the most and they also have the highest murder rate as well.

Sent From My NEO x5....
26-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Any belief that has to use the threat of death, or worse, to gain converts is inherently evil.

Sent From My NEO x5....
26-07-2013, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 01:51 PM by Stephen Charchuk.)
Also, rape is a major problem in many Muslim nations where Shr'ia Law is enforced because it goes vastly unreported because the victim can be blamed for enticing a man to rape and since a woman's word is only worth half that of a man's she has to have a witness to be believed. The irony is that a Western woman dressed only in a biniki walking down tbe street at high noon is far safer from getting raped than a Muslim woman dressed in full burka doing the same thing in a Muslim nation. One doesn't have to wear a bag over one's head to be modest. A bag over the head is a sign of shame, and what they do when they execute you.

Sent From My NEO x5....
02-10-2013, 04:33 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/h...1043_n.jpg
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post