Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
21-04-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: An intro thread because I'm bored
It's nice to understand things a bit better as to how others have on their view. Thanks Mullah.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
21-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Still waiting, Mullah.
Still awaiting a response.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: An intro thread because I'm bored
(21-04-2012 02:15 PM)Zephony Wrote:  First off, thank you for taking the time to answer the questions put to you so thoroughly! It's simply amazing the amount of knowledge you put into your posts, and I believe I speak for the community when I say thank you and that we really do appreciate it.

You're welcome. I appreciate your appreciation, too. Wink

(21-04-2012 02:15 PM)Zephony Wrote:  On an aside, if you have the time and are willing, might I suggest starting a "Ask a Muslim" thread in the Atheism and Theism section? Our friendly resident Calvinist, kingschosen, started his own and it's been a great success. The reason I suggest this is because the information you've already provided us is just too good to be hidden in the Introductions section Tongue and I'm sure there are many others already on this forum who have their own questions they'd like to ask and discuss with you.

Okay, I'll start a thread over there. I like that idea. I had actually thought of doing that after seeing kingschosen's "Ask a Theist" thread. I enjoyed reading his thread. But, if you don't mind, I want to make some more posts in this forum and become more familiar with the rules and stuff before starting an actual discussion. So, I will start my own thread when I think that I'm ready for it (or hopefully by next week). And thank you for the suggestion.

(21-04-2012 02:15 PM)Zephony Wrote:  Hehe, oops. Of course those questions were addressed towards you and I apologize for jumping the gun and answering them myself.

No need to apologize, Zephony. Anyone else can answer them. So, you didn't make a mistake by answering them.

(21-04-2012 02:15 PM)Zephony Wrote:  It has been so long since I've exercised my knowledge of Islam that I needed to bring it to the forefront, and if my knowledge was rusty and incorrect, you would have corrected me. I'm glad to see I haven't lost too much of it and was pretty much right.

And I'm happy that you did that. Thanks.

(21-04-2012 05:46 PM)Logisch Wrote:  It's nice to understand things a bit better as to how others have on their view. Thanks Mullah.

You're welcome. I'm glad that you liked my answers.

(21-04-2012 07:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Still awaiting a response.

I'm sorry for the delay, Chas, but please be patient. I will post a response to your (and morondog's) questions as soon as I have gathered my thoughts together.
[+] 1 user Likes Internet Mullah's post
22-04-2012, 05:49 PM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
Thread split and moved from intros. Lets see if we can get some competition for KC's ask a theist thread Big Grin
22-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Why do alot of muslims get offended so easily when it comes to their religion?
You seem pretty relaxed about it all and I know some pretty offensive stuff has been published about Muhammed but even when seemingless harmless things happen some muslims still get upste like for example: I told my gf (she's turkish and muslim) that Muhammed is to islam like Ataturk was to turkey namely being the "architect" of it. I figured since turks are pretty nationalistic she might agree but instead she got angry at me. Telling me I can never compare the two. Not saying my comparison is without flaws but nothing to be upset about I would imagine.

chan chan ki sikin aman
22-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Do you feel that the Q'uran has been abrogated in the past? If so, do you feel that this is appropriate?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
22-04-2012, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 09:13 PM by Mr Woof.)
Welcome Mullah.

Is it not the case that the history and mythology of all the religions of the Book, along with the zealots, make the perpetrators of such writings, albeit 'misunderstood' on some instances, make the Koran dangerous ,if only by the mismanagement of crazed god obsessed fanatics linked to militarism and politics? Thank you.

Some time ago a Mullah here in Australia described some young women as "RAW MEAT", relevant to their dress as related to a rape case.
When asked if Australia should be become a Moslem nation he replied ....."yes a very good idea" Do you agree?
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
23-04-2012, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 03:31 AM by Mark Fulton.)
Hi and welcome.

Please double click on the attached photo I took a few days ago at the world atheist conference in Melbourne. What were these loud, angry, threatening Muslims doing protesting at a peaceful atheist conference? Why are they threatening to burn Ayaan Ali Hirsi? Why did this beautiful, articulate, intelligent lady need to turn up at the conference in an armoured car with multiple bodyguards?

I will hazard an answer for you. These ignorant brainwashed boys have been reading the fucking Koran.

I congratulate you for somehow managing to reinterpret the Koran and water it down. Why not go the whole way and throw the stinking piece of shit in the bin?

BTW, just in case you think I'm picking on you, the fucking Christians were there too, and were threatening people with hell as well.

Close your eyes for a minute and imagine a world without God, Allah or Yahweh. No more bombs, shootings or war. A brotherhood of man. The more you promote Islam the further we move away from that. Please think about that before you reply.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
23-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I am skeptical about asking you, Mullah, and getting an honest answer. I'm not saying you would deceive on purpose, but there does seem to be a witholding of explanation on religious matters to non-Islamic people from members of the Islamic faith. Over and over I hear the phrase "religion of peace", but that is clearly not the case when Muslims are offended. The call for Salman Rushdie's death for writing a fiction novel, the threats on journalists and then on all Dutch citizens for reprinting cartoon images of Mohammed, and many more incidents are evidence to the contrary. It has been very clear to many that outsiders don't hear a complete message, and Muslims are quick to deny, twist, or marginalize facts about the Quran when asked sensitive questions.

But despite all that, I do have a question. Regarding the right to freedom of speech: Why do you think the Islamic faith gets a pass on open ridicule for the ideas it professes, or its dogma that followers adhere to? And, do you think Islam should be an open subject of free speech as much as any other without the speakers feeling afraid or stigmatized as insensitive?
[+] 2 users Like arbmouser's post
23-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Sup Mullah
Why does Allah seem to be a massive dick towards unbelievers?

Why is context so important when a verse that seems angry and evil is shown but not a verse that appears to be good? It's quite annoying.

What's with all of this metaphorical stuff? Why is some taken literally and others a magical metaphor?

Do you sincerely believe that the Quran has miraculous claims in it?

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
[+] 1 user Likes ALovelyChickenMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] Fruitcake-o-meter morondog 50 427 03-07-2014 10:41 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  [split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In. Jeremy E Walker 78 1,220 25-06-2014 07:18 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  [split] I need to rant to other atheists. Jeremy E Walker 492 6,810 15-06-2014 09:47 PM
  Muslim teacher takeover? Bows and Arrows 36 740 15-06-2014 06:43 AM
Last Post: Anna
  [split] The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science Jeremy E Walker 14 238 04-06-2014 06:46 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  [split] An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available) Jeremy E Walker 46 668 03-06-2014 08:34 PM
  [split] Commentary on the viodjit vs. Drich "book of your religion" match Taqiyya Mockingbird 43 693 29-05-2014 08:08 PM