Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
27-04-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
Ok, glad to see we have some people covering the disgust I'll just ask some questions then.
First clarify the requirements of an adulteress' confession. Does the other person confessing sentence you to death as well?

On the concept of stealing, the Koran holds that living is the most important law, and in it posits the idea that stealing food when you need food is not a sin even though stealing is. Does this ever get factored into civil law or is it simply an ignored passage?

As far as homosexuality, the arabic language only has a word for the man submitting as a connotation of gay (to my knowledge). Does the male penetrator still get punished, and what exactly is the restriction on women? Many arabic countries have a lot of same gendered physical interaction. Kiossing and hugging are common actions. What is the stopping point?

Lastly as with most religions the roles of men and women are clearly defined. What about those who are neither male nor female? They've always existed yet never been accounted for. Are people who do not fit the normative characteristics killed? What about transsexuals?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions] - Lilith Pride - 27-04-2012 08:33 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim - Polakmaly - 31-05-2012, 06:47 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim - Chas - 31-05-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim - Polakmaly - 31-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Still waiting, Mullah. - Chas - 21-04-2012, 07:34 PM